Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - Released

Anyone else have a screen-flickering issue with this game? The demo would flicker while in full screen for me but wouldn't whenever it was run in a window.

I don't really want to buy this if I can't play it in full screen.

Just bought it via Humble (got 32% off due to Humble Choice subscription). Was going to wait, but it's my bday so what the hell.

Nice, today is my wife's birthday so she gets to pick the bad movie tonight. I was trying to get her to pick The Blood on Satan's Claws. :)

Bought it anyway, because Geneforge is Vogel's best game, and I've had no problems like I did with the demo. Haven't played it enough to make a judgement on the rule changes in this remake, but the quality-of-life improvements sure are nice.

By the way, this plays nicely on a touchscreen, if anyone else is looking for a game for their junky work laptop like I often am. (The installed game is only 173 megabytes.) The map scrolls with one finger, and you can drag the mouse pointer over stuff to see tooltips. The only thing I want to do that I can't on the screen is highlighting lootable objects by holding down the TAB key.

Looking forward to playing this when I should be working. :)

I played the demo, and I wanted to like it, but it just didn't grab me.

I was hoping the changes between the original and this version would be more pronounced especially visually. I could barely tell the difference.

To be fair, it's been quite some since I tried the original, so I'm sure the changes would be more noticeable had I played it more recently. I'll just accept that his games aren't for me.

I played the demo, and I wanted to like it, but it just didn't grab me.

I was hoping the changes between the original and this version would be more pronounced especially visually. I could barely tell the difference.

To be fair, it's been quite some since I tried the original, so I'm sure the changes would be more noticeable had I played it more recently. I'll just accept that his games aren't for me.

Yeah I looked at the screenshots, and wondered if these were the original graphics!

I've never been able to get into any Jeff Vogel games. The graphics don't bother me. His games for me, seem to be missing something, a "soul" somehow. I dunno. I've played maybe 3-4 different ones and never got far before losing all interest.

Daniel.

Just bought it via Humble (got 32% off due to Humble Choice subscription). Was going to wait, but it's my bday so what the hell.

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Shagnak! :party2::party::cake:

I'm playing this one now, the third time I've romped through this particular Spiderweb game. The first time I played an Agent, the second visit a warrior, this time I'm going seriously against my own grain and playing...a shaper! Me, a mage, wtf?? I'm up to level five so far and what I'd have to say up to this point is either the game is much easier this time around or mages are brutal good, I'm just not sure which it is!

Back
Top Bottom