Prometheus Wept - Update 3

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Update 3 for Prometheus Wept shows off the Hec8 Labs and a UI Update.

Hi everyone,

I hope you've been keeping well since the last update. The first demo area is very close to complete, with the exception of optimisation, balancing and testing. The more recent focus has been on:

1: Preparing the Hec8 Research Bunker Demo Area
This is the second play area to feature in the upcoming demo. Here, you will have to overcome the bunker's mysterious guardian to gain access to the bunker's secrets. An as of yet unannounced feature of the game, which will distinguish it from other games in the genre, will be showcased here. I'll go into more detail on this in the near future, but for the time being, here are a few screen-grabs from the bunker.

2555492e0aa79d6ce3b68f53c3dcbe37d02d0897.jpg

bf7a6e26a032d64f0c3fdc7c14c889d4dab72954.jpg

2: Improving the UI screens
I've also been working on the appearance of the UI screens. Prometheus Wept will have more depth than Vigilantes. This creates a need to display more information, which in turn makes creating a clean and clear UI more challenging. Here's the current character screen for the game.

794854a3479c6dba7dcac8f69e58fbc1f2b6f446.jpg

What's next?
After these two jobs, I'm going to add the first permanent ally to the game. In Vigilantes, each ally had a single, unique perk. In Prometheus Wept, each ally will have between 4-8 unique perks and many of these will unlock powerful activated abilities. This will result in a fair amount of extra work, but the pay off will be unique allies who play very differently from one another. I'll update you on the first ally, Ferdia Galloway, a con man and sociopathic mentalist, as soon as he has been added.

If you have any feedback, questions, or comments, do let me know :)

All the best,
Daithi
More information.

This is looking rather promising, I'm digging the new UI a lot. And for anyone that's not played Vigilantes and is looking for a fun game to dabble with, give that one a go!

Back
Top Bottom