Phoenix Point - Releasing September 3rd

Just a note on Epic:
Where Epic is lacking for me is in the refund part. I used it once and it has been a pain in the butt. For me who like to try a bit the games when I am not sure, it is a big negative point.

Steam refund policy is not enough to assess this product, better to learn how to watch streams.

-
However - steam does not require the developers/publishers to only publish on steam - like epic is doing. epic is actually requiring exclusive engagement (for some $$); this is very different. I'm kind of shocked that you are so incredibly dense you don't see the difference.
Steam are money obsessed enough not to pay for what they can get for free.

There is no risks associated to releasing on Steam.
Yes the developer (or publisher) is making the decision to sign the contract offered by epic but steam is not performing the same kind of bribe nor is steam requiring that you limit your product to steam if you choose to use some features provided by steam (those features may not work if you release it on another platform like gog) but you can still release the game on the other platform(s) of your choice.
Again that story of bribe.

There is no bribe: devs want to achieve the bulk of sales on this client due to the smaller cut. They are the ones wanting the exclusivity deal because they know that if they release on Steam and other clients simultaneously, the bulk of sales happen on Steam.

The risk for backlash is covered. Not a bribe.

On this site, players are the type to take devs'sides, they want big sales, they say they want money to be funnelled into devs'pockets.
Yet when they are given an alternative to provide more money to devs as per their words, they will stick to Steam.

This client if anything helps to expose them.

-
I'm glad to know you like companies that reduce consumer choices.
For sure, sticking with Steam expands consumer choices. Brilliant.
I'm sure you support corporation that defraud and rip off consumers with shady practices.

Reads like Steam.

After watching streams, it is going to be a mine.
Back in the day I had a chance to work as miner.
For whatever reason I'm not in IT, only mined in Travian (&clones) till I got bored of mining.
Which means, I'm gonna skip that mine.

After watching streams, it is going to be a mine. The product is a complexified version of XCOM 2, for the sake of complexifying.

Going to be a mine.

Complexfied is not a word.

I'm kind of shocked that you are so incredibly dense you don't see the difference.
Someone asking for clarification on a topic isn't "dense". If you can't answer someone's questions without being hostile, you're not contributing to the community.

Steam refund policy is not enough to assess this product, better to learn how to watch streams.

Yes it is enough for some games when you are not sure if they play well with KM for example. Their refund policy is as it should be by law in my place at least: No question, no delay as long you do not go over a certain amount of play, which is fair.

Epic played games with me sending a total of 15 mails with warnings than if I did not answer in a certain time they will cancel my refund demand. A demand done through the Epic interface and for a game bought few hours before. All the questions they asked should have been easily found in their DB, from the order number for the game to my name. I used capital letters and threats in my last email and got a refund. Could as well start by that now with them.

Streamers are entertainers who are paid for what they do, they have to be fun. It makes the information they provide highly suspicious to say the least.

He is claiming that using steam features lock the developer/publisher into only releasing their games on steam (if the features is used).

Again, he didn't say games using Steam workshop were only sold on Steam.

I'm glad to know you like companies that reduce consumer choices. I'm sure you support corporation that defraud and rip off consumers with shady practices. I am curious do you run one of those robo spam callers on the side? Sure sounds like it.

Are you literally trying to sound dumb? Exclusives have been a part of the gaming industry since the 8-bit days.

After watching streams, it is going to be a mine. The product is a complexified version of XCOM 2, for the sake of complexifying.

Going to be a mine.

What do you mean when you say it's going to be a mine? That it'll blow up? Or that most people will be afraid to touch it? Or that it will be an explosive hit? Serious question by the way, I'm not trying to be offensive.

In Chiens defense, it's actually a pretty good word and makes perfect sense. I guess "more complex" would have worked just as well though, but it's not quite as catchy. ;)

What do you mean when you say it's going to be a mine? That it'll blow up? Or that most people will be afraid to touch it? Or that it will be an explosive hit? Serious question by the way, I'm not trying to be offensive.

I think what he's saying is that he'll watch others play it. :biggrin:

Are you trying to understand ChienAboyeur's particular way to express himself?

Indeed. Complexfied is not a word. Easy though to attach it back to complexified which is a word. Pointless comment that adds nothing.

Whatever because on this site even UgoIgo is not a word.

A mine to dig for knowledge.

UgoIgo works well for board gaming etc, way better than it does on computer.
One cause is that devs use computers to compute, which usually leads to heavier designs.

This product is going to be a study case: it adds options over XCOM 2 without them expanding the gameplay. They are other options, superflous options. They do not weigh on the decision making. They could be ignored.

More computation without it leading to more meaningful mechanics.

The options are implemented, players can use them as they might not use them.

A mine to dig for knowledge.

UgoIgo works well for board gaming etc, way better than it does on computer.
One cause is that devs use computers to compute, which usually leads to heavier designs.

This product is going to be a study case: it adds options over XCOM 2 without them expanding the gameplay. They are other options, superflous options. They do not weigh on the decision making. They could be ignored.

More computation without it leading to more meaningful mechanics.

The options are implemented, players can use them as they might not use them.

Oh, THAT kind of mine. Got it, thanks. What options do you find superfluous? I haven't watched any streams nor tried it myself, trying to avoid spoilers.

Here read:

Yes, some (many?) games can be played without the client. My point is that steam has games which are exclusive forever due to using the steam drm, or being more or less mandatory to buy there due to certain features being steam exclusive.

----

He is claiming that using steam features lock the developer/publisher into only releasing their games on steam (if the features is used).

-

I'm glad to know you like companies that reduce consumer choices. I'm sure you support corporation that defraud and rip off consumers with shady practices. I am curious do you run one of those robo spam callers on the side? Sure sounds like it.
No, JDR got it right, you got it wrong. Anyway, this is a derail of the topic. That's why I initially put it in spoiler tags.

That would be convenient but alas it is not the case.
Seriously? Are you just trolling?

Let me recap:

1. I wrote something.
2. You misunderstood this.
3. JDR corrected you.
4. You say you understood me correctly.
5. I say that you understood me wrong and JDR was right.
6. You say you did understand me correctly.

I'm the one who knows what I meant and when I write that you misunderstood me you claim that's not true... That's just pretty weird (and to be frank: rude).

Back
Top Bottom