Final Fantasy VII - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » Final Fantasy VII

Default Final Fantasy VII

June 12th, 2019, 18:27
I replayed this as recently as two and a half years ago, and it was still fun to play. Aye, the age shows a tad, but to me that in some ways only endears the product to me even more. I didn't miss the hitching from the early play station days!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 12th, 2019, 18:51
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
loading…
OMG Hype.

I don't watch those Jim's vids normally, but now I did peek at this one. And I see the combat suspiciously looks as silly as in FF13. Watch TV and not the game, click randomly and win. Like old Akali in LOL. A sort of QTE where a player is not ridiculed to click something during a certain time interval (or roll within a certain time interval darksouly QTE 2.0 rubbish).

A product for blind people or perhaps for twitch? If twitch, it won't be rated Ao.

If you ask me, this remake, the video material, looks far too inferior to FF15. A game that failed miserably only with one thing - emotions. Not saying everything else was brilliant but at least didn't look meh as this remake presentation.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

June 12th, 2019, 21:09
Well I can't say I agree with most of what that guy was complaining about. To me, it seems like he's being overly nostalgic about the original. I get the sense that there wouldn't be any remake that could please him.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

June 13th, 2019, 03:54
Also, most of the FF games had two modes that you could choose between. You could choose "wait" mode if you didn't want enemies to be able to attack as soon as their bar was full. It was basically full turn-based mode. I don't remember if that was in FF7, but I think it was. I preferred the normal ATB system.
Hmmm, could be. Let's see. Oh, you're right, it does have a "wait"! I forgot all about that thing. You have to actually start up a game to see the option.

Man, the original game has not aged well at all. I reinstalled it last night and played for a bit. What's up with the Steam version not even having gamepad support?
Remember, this port was made before Y2K. It supports joysticks, not controllers! The default keys will drive you nuts, too.

@GothicGothicness - I think the environmental bit is really more about nuclear energy but it translates well into the current situation. Maybe even better.

I expect the basic story will be the same. They are breaking this up into multiple episodes, though, and I think they said the first part deals with just the starting city - yet takes two BluRay discs. Either they've added quite a bit or they have some pretty epic video compression issues! One of the trailers showed Cloud confronting Sepheroth, too, but we don't see him at all in the original game's Midgard - just the results of some of his actions.

I expect they will cut some bits out, too. I'm sure the part where you have to dress the oh-so-stoic Cloud up as a girl won't be considered as funny as it was in the late 90's.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 14th, 2019, 19:33
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Remember, this port was made before Y2K. It supports joysticks, not controllers! The default keys will drive you nuts, too.
Fwiw, I found out that, if you run Steam in Big Picture mode, there are a bunch of user-created gamepad configurations for FF7. I picked one for my DS4 gamepasd and it works perfectly.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
+1:

June 14th, 2019, 21:34
Yup, as JDR stated above, that configuration does exist and works. I'd no idea about it until a mate told me, she gave me some tips on setting it up, once I'd done that it worked flawlessly. I'm not the biggest steam fan but every so often they do something extremely well!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 18th, 2019, 01:41
This game is KOTOR of Jrpgs.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2019, 22:22
If a weeboo kicks his head in the forest, does he go: "Weeeeee…"?
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2019, 23:58
The past two days I've been replaying some optional content in Final Fantasy IV, and yeah, I know this thread isn't about that game, but right now I'm feeling the satisfaction that can only come with a huge, optional fight victory! I cannot believe I left some of this content undone when I last replayed this game three years ago.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 24th, 2019, 13:53
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
If a weeboo kicks his head in the forest, does he go: "Weeeeee…"?
No, they go "booooo". Go for the eyes.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 11th, 2019, 18:00
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/07/…e-by-microsoft
In a statement to IGN, Square Enix said "As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 3rd 2020. We have no plans for other platforms."
PS4 exclusive.
Saves me the pain of deciding to buy or not a so called remake with outdated visuals.
IIRC I wrote somewhere on the forum something like can't believe the graphics is so low in the remake.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 12th, 2019, 02:31
We shall see. They might want to get all the episodes out before porting to other platforms.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

July 12th, 2019, 14:59
I would think with the recent track record, we'll see this for the computers at some point down the road. We'll likely benefit from the pause, as many nasty bugs and issues should be thoroughly squashed by then.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 14th, 2019, 20:14
New trailer
loading…

Some scenes in there I did NOT expect to see! And some spells, too. I didn't think Frog or any summons would show up until at least the second episode. Maybe they are just used against you? (P.S. Frog with tiny Buster sword is great!)
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

September 14th, 2019, 20:18
(straight?) shotacon+lolicon.

Such a shame it's just a bait, the game is not rated M but is ESRB teen.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 14th, 2019, 20:52
T for Teen sounds about right. 13 or 14 might still be a tad young, IMHO. One of the surprising things is that the Don is shown. That guy runs the red light district in Midgar and captures Tifa to be his sex slave - which seems mighty spicy for the lower teen years. There's never any actual sex but really his whole story is just a side show. The whole thing could easily have been dropped, avoiding any controversy, which is why I was surprised to see him in the trailer.

Of course, if this ever gets to PC, I would expect a Tifa nude mod within hours of release. You can have your M easily enough.

Edit: Also some gameplay from a demo
loading…
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Tags
ff7, materia, sephiroth, shinra, square
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » Final Fantasy VII