sci fi spritesheets

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm planning on putting together a Sci Fi module using the Iceblink Engine, and I'm having difficulty finding decent sprite sheets. Anyone know where to find any?

I have purchased a simple 2d overhead environment tilset from Oryx Studios, which fits the atmosphere I'm looking for, but character sprites are more difficult to track down. Most of them seem to be "bobble head" or cartoony - I'm looking for something more realistic, in the Gold Box style character perspective, preferably with a good range of human / roboty / alieny sprites. The spritesheets need to be purchaseable or freeware.

If not, I guess I'll have to go with a cartoon style. I did try to make some sprites of my own, but the less said about that the better… :)

Thanks, those are good and I wasn't aware of that site - I'll have to trawl it! Ideally the style would be a bit more pixel arty (but in a realistic style), but I'll add those to the list and if I find more in that style I might go with it.

Another option would be to use pics of sci-fi miniatures.

See this thread as an example:

cotwdscreen3.jpg

So, theoretically you could use pics like these and just remove everything except the pieces you need.

6475227537310b8051d44a0076091d20.jpg

Alien-shocktroopers-group-1b.png

62dbf094d76d024980d70ab7052c0bf2.jpg

Only issue would be getting GIMP to edit the pics how you'd like them and making sure you do some research on finding the right angles/miniatures.

Good luck! We need more IB modules :D

Thanks Mustawd, I'll have a look into that. It certainly works well on the Curse of the Wailing Death mod (I was wondering where those awesome sprites had come from!) :)

Back
Top Bottom