RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review

Can't say I didn't see this coming as Kingmaker is getting an Enhanced version.

Link -https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1629653127989663749
Dear Pathfinders,

From day one, we’ve set it as our goal to tirelessly improve our game based on your feedback and insight. We’ve pored over comments, scoured the forums and scrutinized your survey answers – and then rushed back to start fixing, polishing and expanding. Today, we are happy to announce the fruits of our labors: an Enhanced Edition of “Pathfinder: Kingmaker”, free to everyone who already owns a copy of the game! Not only is it a culmination of all the previous patches and fixes. Featuring all-new classes, items and abilities, numerous quality-of-life features and multiple balance adjustments, this is the ultimate way to play the game!

The Enhanced Edition will launch on June 6. In the meantime, to let you know of all the exciting new features, we’ve prepared a slew of content, including teasers, dev diaries and even dev streams – the first of which will go live today! Join us on https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames at 7:30 PM CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US) for an in-depth look at a new prestige class!

“Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Edition” Key Features

• Free Upgrade for all existing players
  • Numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features
  • New abilities and ways to build your character
  • A Brand-new class: Slayer
  • New items and weaponry
  • Improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game
  • Enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort
  • Increased variety of random encounters on the global map
  • Thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game’s initial release

Eh? They've obviously been working on that for quite some time if it's launching two weeks from now.

I doubt this was planned all along. I think they simply decided to call their next big patch the "Enhanced Edition" for marketing purposes

Sounds like they've done a good job at responding to some of the early criticism. Good work by the Devs. I'm really looking forward to finally giving it a good run over the summer!

Eh? They've obviously been working on that for quite some time if it's launching two weeks from now.

I doubt this was planned all along. I think they simply decided to call their next big patch the "Enhanced Edition" for marketing purposes

The devs have improved the game dramatically since the release and added a lot of new feature and abilities/spells as well. Whether this was planned all along or not, it's a great news for everyone and I'd say great job Owlcats :)

Is there any more DLC coming after this third one? If not, then it sounds like it's almost time to spin this one up.

I think it will be months before I get back to this one, every time I think things might be settling down, some new update or content rolls in. That's fine, I'll continue to wait and hope for the best, when all the patching is complete.

I just finished the game for 2nd time with my evil Necro (and I got 4 more campaigns in different acts of the game).
I was hoping to take a longer break from playing it but now with EE and new DLC dungeon it seems I will need to get back to it in 2 weeks and do the dungeon with new Slayer class for main character :)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition & Beneath the Stolen Lands Releaed

The third DLC for the critically acclaimed CRPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker is now available! Meet with the self-proclaimed protector of Golarion, and discover what secrets lie buried beneath the Stolen Lands, in a shifting labyrinth of madness where nothing is what it seems, complete with dangerous enemies to battle and ancient treasures to unearth. Defend the lands against one of the most deadly enemies the world has ever faced.

Is the Enhanced Edition why it downloads an 18 GB update right now?
Yes the downloads are large due to how GOG and Steam patch their games. Also another yes as the Enhanced Edition is free for every buyer. So that's a huge plus.

Yes the downloads are large due to how GOG and Steam patch their games. Also another yes as the Enhanced Edition is free for every buyer. So that's a huge plus.

Nice! I will probably get the remaining DLC during Summer Sale and then give it another go. Although, regarding to Steam comments the Enhanced Edition did introduce new bugs, so I guess it won't hurt to wait a few more patches.

Yeah every new patch & DLC has introduced new errors. So expect a few hot-fixes.

Oh yeah indeed, that's why I won't be diving right back into this one. I think my last foray in was in October, so I think that might be the same month that I venture back in this year. That might give enough time for all the patches and updates to safely land.

Good news for players who hated the kingdom management.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Developers' Diary - The Kingdom Reforms
Hi there! The Enhanced Edition is finally here, and we hope that you’ve already dug your teeth into it and that you like what you’re seeing. Nonetheless, there remains one important aspect of the game that we haven’t covered in these diaries yet. Today we would like to focus on kingdom management.

Our “vanilla” kingdom management system has found some supporters among the players, but not all of you liked it. As time went on, we’ve received many suggestions and criticisms from you. We kept fine-tuning the way kingdom management works with every big patch, and as such, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we’ve prepared a new pack of improvements for the Enhanced Edition as well.

I actually enjoyed kingdom management part but all these new improvements Owlcat put into the game is astounding!

They definitely try to make their customers happy to keep them warm for buying the sequel. ;)

Back
Top Bottom