Elder Scrolls Online

Lovely!

It is genuinely a good MMO these days. I'm taking a break right now, but I will definitely be back in not too long.

Thanks :) I hope I find it enjoyable to continue past my 3 months subscription!

Still playing it after all these years. Haven't been much into housing, but I have quite a collection of furnishings I've picked up in a few houses.

I bought a fair few furnishings using crowns that came with subscription but hoping to collect some nice looking ones via quest along the way!

I enjoyed my time with it; especially since I just can't play online at all normally. Other people suck ;) If I could create a private server with only me on it, I'd probably play it for thousands of hours as the game itself is very good. I should grab all the content and wander around again for a few weeks.

I didn't play with anyone else so far and finding it just fine - maybe because I'm still low level?

I didn't play with anyone else so far and finding it just fine - maybe because I'm still low level?

Nah, do you see all those maniacs running absolutely everywhere and getting in your way? Those are other people. Game NPC's don't do that. You never HAVE to play with anyone else, but it's impossible to AVOID them completely. They're everywhere.

I played ESO briefly back in 2017 but not for long as house decorating was the only aspect I was interested in but it would take so much grinding or paying real money.

I got lured back in now as I was provided with 1000 crown on my account (not sure why) which I spent all on decorating my small inn room. I'm not on subscription so I could only fit in max 15 items in this room (those who are on subscription can put in twice as many) but very happy with the result anyway. Love the feel of the room fit for a newbie adventurer.

Nice! :)

Those screenshots look so similar to a Morrowind which would have been heavily remastered.

There was a mod in Morrowind to own a house (well, probably hundreds of mods), I may have spent some time decorating it too :biggrin: Although it took time to put objects exactly right. And sometimes after reloading, they would be violently thrashed all over the place. Hopefully it's easier and less risky in ESO. ;)

Nice! :)

Those screenshots look so similar to a Morrowind which would have been heavily remastered.

There was a mod in Morrowind to own a house (well, probably hundreds of mods), I may have spent some time decorating it too :biggrin: Although it took time to put objects exactly right. And sometimes after reloading, they would be violently thrashed all over the place. Hopefully it's easier and less risky in ESO. ;)

There are two reasons I prefer ESO over Morrowind and Skyrim - placing furniture is more secure and I don't experience motion sickness :)

I was glad that ESO feels like Elder Scrolls game - I was put off by both DDO and Neverwinter as neither felt like D&D

I crumbled and signed up for ESO+ subscription… added 10 more items to my room and I'm loving it even more :D

https://i.imgur.com/OD09pBM.jpg
OD09pBM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KVilQyl.jpg
KVilQyl.jpg

Looks really nice Purple! I don't build as much as you do in games but I still enjoy making a home "my own" and even in FO like building homes and settlements.

I like ESO but have only dabbled in it because I used to sink too much time into MMO's so tend to not play them as much these days. I am always tempted to get back into it but I am like @crpgnut; and prefer no people around. I like games to be immersive and its harder to do that in an MMO.

Tempted to go back though after reading this thread. I already own the game so might subscribe for a couple of months for something different to do.

Nice to see others enjoying the game as its a pretty good one for an MMO.

I got back into ESO last year and have been playing it almost exclusively since then. It does have some shortcomings but there is also a great many and varied things to do. Having been around for a while there's a huge amount of content and I really enjoy the exploration side of the game.

You can buy most of the smaller homes for in game gold. All the bigger ones cost crowns which you have to buy either in bulk or via your subscription. If you can wait, crowns go on sale 2 or 3 times a year (I think). Edit - all the single room homes are free I think, there's about half a dozen you can get access to.

Have fun.

Looks really nice Purple! I don't build as much as you do in games but I still enjoy making a home "my own" and even in FO like building homes and settlements.

Thanks :) You know I love taking screenies like you do ;) Although, your screenies are much nicer than mine :D

You can buy most of the smaller homes for in game gold. All the bigger ones cost crowns which you have to buy either in bulk or via your subscription. If you can wait, crowns go on sale 2 or 3 times a year (I think). Edit - all the single room homes are free I think, there's about half a dozen you can get access to.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get inn rooms/small houses with in-game gold but its the furniture that are difficult to collect :( I will definitely look out for crown sales.

Have fun.

I like the top down view as it gives a nice overview of the room. I would be comfortable staying there ;)

Very cozy :)

Can you import textures, or images for the paintings for ex?

No, you can't create images for paintings - every single furniture item is premade and can't be modified.

Its pretty absurd - you know how in SP Elder Scrolls games, you can pretty much place any items as decoration? In ESO, you can only place items labelled as "furniture" as decoration. So for example, there's apple as non-furniture item which you can use for cooking but not as a decoration, then there's apple as furniture item which can't be used for cooking but can be placed as furniture.

Its pretty absurd - you know how in SP Elder Scrolls games, you can pretty much place any items as decoration? In ESO, you can only place items labelled as "furniture" as decoration. So for example, there's apple as non-furniture item which you can use for cooking but not as a decoration, then there's apple as furniture item which can't be used for cooking but can be placed as furniture.

Maybe it's those fake apples used to decorate houses? If customers could place edible ones, it would rot and they'd eventually start suing Bethesda ;)

Seriously though, you're right, that's completely silly. As if those items were created by two different teams who didn't bother to talk with each other.

Maybe it's those fake apples used to decorate houses? If customers could place edible ones, it would rot and they'd eventually start suing Bethesda ;)

Seriously though, you're right, that's completely silly. As if those items were created by two different teams who didn't bother to talk with each other.

I am certainly no expert on MMO games by any stretch but wouldn't an online game have to be careful about how it tracks things? Meaning it might not be able, performance wise, to track things like a SP game like Skyrim. So maybe some more limitations they have to consider? They can track some things, obviously, but maybe there are more limits.

Not sure though. Do other MMO's let you do that kind of thing? Like closer to how past SP TES games work?

I am certainly no expert on MMO games by any stretch but wouldn't an online game have to be careful about how it tracks things? Meaning it might not be able, performance wise, to track things like a SP game like Skyrim. So maybe some more limitations they have to consider? They can track some things, obviously, but maybe there are more limits.

Not sure though. Do other MMO's let you do that kind of thing? Like closer to how past SP TES games work?

I don't think there should be a difference for basic stuff like that. An object is added to the world on the server side, its type determines what can be done with it. I don't see why it should take more resources when it's stored in one case or in the other (for an apple you can eat or for a simple decorative painting you can't interact with).

At least that's how I've seen it done in another game.

Maybe if that's special item that must "remember" where it came from, for example who crafted a named weapon or whose orchard the apple is coming from, then that would make a difference, but I doubt it's the case here.

Maybe so. I just recall that for something like Skyrim. Every single object that you can interact at with tracking has to be done on where it is, not simply that it exists. The more objects you add to a world that are interactive (can be hit, moved, placed, etc.) the more demanding it is on the system to manage and track. Or maybe it simply is for an old engine like Skyrim. I think there is also a difference on how items are managed if they are more static (placed and locked) versus dynamic (placed but can still be moved, picked up, etc.,).

Last edited:
Nice! Housing is the endgame in ESO.

Yeah, especially Golden Gryphon Garret since Alinor furniture are luxurious (very costly!) but I managed to get there using crown I got for subscription + 1,000 free crown I received on returning to ESO + 100,000 gold donation from a friend + grinding for money + crafting low level furniture + 1,000 free crown hubby received on returning ESO as well lol

Anyway, next inn should have less luxurious look so I will try to craft most of them. I've already made a start on it :D

Last edited:
The room looks amazing and nice work collecting the funds @purpleblob1;

For easy money do daily crafting writs on multiple characters, I find Leyawiin and Alinor are the two quickest places to do writs. Then go around stealing stuff from containers. It's easy to do and can easily get you a few thousand per day (you're limited on how much you can fence per day so ignore materials worth a couple of gold and focus on taking treasure items).

I've found ESO people are pretty generous so you can often just ask in zone if you need something. Also I've heard joining a guild can be a good way to get access to people willing to share. Finally, if you want to find the best prices from guild traders use Tamriel Trade Centre - https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/ - other people use it too so you have to be quick to jump on good deals.

Back
Top Bottom