Dungeons of Edera - Gameplay @ The Scarlet Seeker

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Scarlet Seeker checked out the rogue-lite action RPG Dungeons of Edera:

Dungeons of Edera Gameplay Overview | 2022

Dungeons of Edera is the new game we are looking at today with an Overview/Review of what it is and how its gameplay plays. First we will review the need to know basics of Dungeons of Edera before jumping into deeper gameplay impressions. Dungeons of Edera is a rogue-lite action RPG dungeon crawler featuring procedurally generated levels where you will battle through hordes of monsters to restore Edera to its former glory.
More information.

I went ahead and picked this one up and spent a couple hours playing it yesterday. It’s pretty amusing and definitely has that “one more run” gameplay hook. Visuals are a mixed bag but it looks decent enough. Some of the dungeons have a nice atmosphere and look pretty good. I’ve only tried a melee character so far and its the typical dodge roll and swing style which isn’t too deep but fun. The difficulty seems fair and the enemies will kill your pretty quick even on medium/normal if you aren’t careful. I don’t know how long the random dungeon dive gameplay will keep me interested as I do tend to like a little more story but the game is pretty cheap and I’ll get my moneys worth for sure.

is it a bit like gothic (gameplay wise) ?

It’s been a while since I played any of the Gothic games. But I have played all of the Risen games recently which I believe are functionally similar. I don’t think this game really compares with those games much. There is virtually no story in this game and it seems to wholly revolve around randomized dungeon instances in pursuit of better gear. So far, world is limited to these instances and a hub town where you can upgrade/sell/store/etc. So it really isn’t like Gothic or Risen in these regards. The combat in this one seems a little better than in those games too. It’s still a little clunky and simple, but I don’t feel like I’m fighting against the controls / camera as much as I did in Risen. You can hire companions but I haven’t done that yet and don’t think they have stories/interactions or anything.

TL:DR it’s an instanced dungeon crawler with Diablo-style loot and Dark Souls style combat.

I spent another hour or so with it last night and am still having fun. Seems like a good pop in for a dungeon or two type of game. Hope that helps

Seems like an updated Dungeon Hack from back in the day. I enjoyed looking for new loot and increasing my character's level.

Seems like an updated Dungeon Hack from back in the day. I enjoyed looking for new loot and increasing my character's level.

Simple premise, excellent game Dungeon Hack. It is always a pleasure rolling out a new character and seeing how far deep you can go - the more you go, the more invested you become and the more varied and tougher dungeons become.

This sounds similar and ideal for on-off affair.

Back
Top Bottom