Original Sin 2 Donor
Our current list:

The Dark Eye: Demonicon
Drox Operative
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
Dishonored
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

What's missing? Are any of these games expected later than 2012?

A couple more you might want to consider adding:

South Park RPG
Dead State (I think it's coming in 2012)
Kingdom of Amalur
Age of Decadence (maybe 2012?)
Bioshock Infinite (I know, perhaps not exactly an RPG)

Kingdoms of Amalur is a pretty big one.

Will Dead State and Age of Decadence be out in 2012?

EDIT: Looks like CountChocula beat me to the punch

Newcomer (a.k.a. the last RPG - and possibly game - for Commodore 64), pretty much the only RPG I'm currently looking forward to (aside from AOD and, maybe, Risen 2)

It *should* come out soon, but you never know.

Newcomer (a.k.a. the last RPG - and possibly game - for Commodore 64), pretty much the only RPG I'm currently looking forward to (aside from AOD and, maybe, Risen 2)

It *should* come out soon, but you never know.

Mind boggling. People are still coding for the good old Commodore 64, huh?

Mind boggling. People are still coding for the good old Commodore 64, huh?

What's mind blogging is the fact that the game has been in development for 20 (yes, TWENTY) years. Unlike Blakemore's Grimoire, though, they released multiple versions of the game and this one should be, as the name already says, the much-improved ultimate version.

I've played the 2001 Enhanced version and it was nothing short of amazing, a Wasteland-Dragon Wars hybrid I could only dream about.

What's mind blogging is the fact that the game has been in development for 20 (yes, TWENTY) years. Unlike Blakemore's Grimoire, though, they released multiple versions of the game and this one should be, as the name already says, the much-improved ultimate version.

I've played the 2001 Enhanced version and it was nothing short of amazing, a Wasteland-Dragon Wars hybrid I could only dream about.

Looks interesting but who the hell still has a functional C64?

Why not port it to iOS? Otherwise it seems their market of potential customers is crazy small.

Looks interesting but who the hell still has a functional C64?

As a matter of fact I don't, but there's no need to have one. The game will obviously be playable with C64 emulators - like the Enhanced version was.

If they worked for 20 years on a game which only worked on a real C64, well, that'd be retarded to say the least, since it would cut their potential customers by like 90-95%.

I have trouble enough just trying to get old PC games to run with DOSbox.

I can't even imagine what kind of headache that must be to make a C64 game run on windows 7.

Actually getting comodore games up and running is pretty easy. Some good programs out there for it, just google it.

Actually getting comodore games up and running is pretty easy. Some good programs out there for it, just google it.

Yeah, it's just a matter of getting the emulator and selecting the game disks. You don't even have to install a OS to run them, unlike amiga emulation.

Should we ask Cleve about Grimoire? :)

The Dark Eye: Demonicon - ????? not sure if it's even coming out ever.
Drox Operative - Never heard of it
Risen 2: Dark Waters - I like this. Colonial muskets vs Tribal voodoo.
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action - Hahahah. No way.
Dishonored - Don't know.
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Didn't like KB at all.

Dishonored is kind of a wild card but what little info I've seen looks pretty interesting.

• A steampunk world that runs on whale oil.
  • Some kind of powers that allow you to possess NPCs and even animals.
  • The devs worked on Thief, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah.
  • Different ways to complete most quests (stealth, supernatural powers, trickery, gadgets, brute force)
  • Game world looks to be a decent size
Players take on the role of Corvo, the Empress’ legendary bodyguard. As the game starts, Corvo is falsely imprisoned for her murder. What the corrupt Lord Regent behind the coup didn’t realize is that Corvo is legendary for a reason. He’s not only a skilled combatant accomplished in the art of not being seen, but Corvo has a suite of supernatural powers that combine with his natural talents and unusual gadgets to make him one of the most lethal men in the known world.

I can't even imagine what kind of headache that must be to make a C64 game run on windows 7.
Yeah, like rune74 said, it's easy to get a C64 emulator running. The game could (and probably will) be distributed with a pre-configurated emulator so it would behave like any other application. In addition there are C64 emulators available for almost every possible platform including iOS, so it would pretty much run everywhere. Hell, there are C64 emulators that run on web browsers, Nintendo DS (maybe GBA too), every console released in the last 15 years, even Symbian...

Legend of Grimrock is missing.
Also, Frayed Knights 2, though I don´t know if it´s supposed to come out in 2012.

Could someone please explain why the thread title is GOTY 2011 and the list has games on it which aren't coming before 2011 is over? I don't get it.

lolwut. You run emulator. You choose game rom from the menu. How easier does it need to get? Sheltered much?

Back
Top Bottom