|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - First Glimpse

Default Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - First Glimpse

September 29th, 2013, 09:57
TaleWorlds Entertainment offers the first glimpse of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord with some new screenshots, and artwork.

The once-mighty Calradic Empire is in a state of decline. Warlike tribes have seized swaths of its territory. Client kingdoms have declared their independence. The Emperor has died without leaving an heir, leaving three jealous factions to scramble for power. Mercenary companies, bandit lords and nomads hover on the sidelines like vultures waiting for a meal.

A hero who can master the art of single combat, of leading armies in battle, of plotting ambushes and raids, and of exploiting the rivalries of noble houses and tribal clans may be able to unite this Empire -- or, alternately, to deal it the final blow that sends it crashing down. Will Calradia experience one final sunset of imperial glory, or slip into a night of chaos before a new age dawns?
More information.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 29th, 2013, 09:59
So is anyone interested in the game it's quiet here…….. Well as for me I like the new look, and can't wait to play more great mods.
--
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks."

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

September 29th, 2013, 10:27
I'm interested. I loved most of the other M&B titles (not so interested in the napoleonic stuff.).

And it's still one of the best melee Combat systems I've seen so far. Definitely THE best On-Horse combat.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 29th, 2013, 10:48
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I'm interested. I loved most of the other M&B titles (not so interested in the napoleonic stuff.).

And it's still one of the best melee Combat systems I've seen so far. Definitely THE best On-Horse combat.
I never tried the Napoleonic expansion due to it being online only. I also enjoyed the combat, and hope it's get improved.

So as the saying goes bring it on as I can't wait.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 29th, 2013 at 11:10.

Couchpotato

Retired News-Editor

September 29th, 2013, 11:03
M&B vanilla is a game I spent hundreds of hours with and I'm usually not a sandbox fan but the multitude of mods for the game really brought it to life.

I bought the game while it was still in beta years ago.

I'm probably going to get M&B 2, but I haven't had as much time lately to play full games.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

September 29th, 2013, 11:33
i hope they have an ending this time.i haven't tried the mods but i didn't like the fact that you could conquer all cities and castles and still the game continued

KTs1980

Watcher

September 29th, 2013, 13:12
Definitely excited for this even though, as Pladio said, I find I have little time for long gaming anymore.

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

September 29th, 2013, 13:52
I have over 800h in M&B warband and im very exited about new title. I think that buying M&B collection on some steamsale a year or two ago was the most cost effective thing i ever bought .

Lately im enjoining in Napoleonic wars MP - community there is one of the best. We have linebattles (big battles with 200 ppl participating) every day and its so much fun - if u have M&B u have to try this out.

Fanest

Watcher

September 29th, 2013, 14:58
I'm interested too, I have both the original game and Warband

gandalf.nho

Huntress

September 29th, 2013, 15:48
Interested. Don't know how many hours I've poured into the original both vanilla and with mods, and then again with Warband. And I still keep coming back from time to time. So his is probably a must-buy for me.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 29th, 2013, 16:34
All I can say is: Woohoo for the most unique, open gaming in the world. Day one pre-purchase for me, and for the first time in my life, probably get the collector edition if there is going to be one.

Warband is my top favourite game and have spent at least 100h with it, and I play it from time to time and it is always a different experience.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 29th, 2013, 17:28
I'm interested after actually playing M&B after owning MB:F&S for a year+ (prefer WB) and its got great field/tactical mechanics. I'm really interested in seeing the strategic/diplomacy changes they have made. I really don't have a problem with the graphics though definitely they have room for improvement. The AI is one place that could be smarter in a lot of cases but then again a melee is supposed to be chaos and usually that's what my sieges look like.

figment

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 29th, 2013, 23:06
I am very interested…I just think it will be years before I play it. Seems like it was years of mods and patches before the first game was really complete. Plus the large mods that I like will take a long time to comeout.

Don't care much about graphic improvements….more interested in gameplay stuff like better sieges, more interesting npcs and quests…more stuff in the cities and villages giving me a reason to go there etc…..

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

September 29th, 2013, 23:19
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
I am very interested…I just think it will be years before I play it. Seems like it was years of mods and patches before the first game was really complete. Plus the large mods that I like will take a long time to comeout.

Don't care much about graphic improvements….more interested in gameplay stuff like better sieges, more interesting npcs and quests…more stuff in the cities and villages giving me a reason to go there etc…..
I played the original back near when it was released for a bit but never had the time to go back…I should try going back it seems.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 30th, 2013, 16:53
I also put the time into the vanilla game, really strange for me since RT isn't even my thing. What I personally would like to see is a single-player game like Gothic built with M&B's combat/horseback engine.

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 30th, 2013, 19:34
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
What I personally would like to see is a single-player game like Gothic built with M&B's combat/horseback engine.
That is so SO much like what I think all the time… I mean, sure, there are some mods that try it. But they just cant reach that kind of content-quality.

The Witcher III with the M&B combat gameplay would be really awesome. I love the Witcher series, but the never quite nail the combat part. And they have horses in III. Let me just keep dreaming here for a while….

Cacheperl

Sentinel

October 1st, 2013, 06:22
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
M&B vanilla is a game I spent hundreds of hours with and I'm usually not a sandbox fan but the multitude of mods for the game really brought it to life. I bought the game while it was still in beta years ago.
Same with me except I played it without the mods. I played the hell out of it, too, until one day I didn't. Not really sure why. I guess I just burned out on it. There's really not much there except the sandbox and the great combat simulation, and I guess I finally got enough of that.

Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I'm probably going to get M&B 2, but I haven't had as much time lately to play full games.
I differ with you, there. I have plenty of time, I just don't have much interest. If I wasn't still replaying the best of my old games, I'd hardly consider myself a gamer at all, anymore.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

October 1st, 2013, 06:30
cacheperl: That is so SO much like what I think all the time… I mean, sure, there are some mods that try it. But they just cant reach that kind of content-quality. The Witcher III with the M&B combat gameplay would be really awesome…

I used to have fantasies like that where the gameplay guys and the story guys would work together and make good games. And then I realized the story guys think gameplay is just annoying filler their bosses make them include to keep gamers busy in between having story shoved down their throats, and gameplay guys think story is just some annoying script work that their bosses make them string their maps together with. Story games sell better because they're easier, so that's what we get. Don't even think you're ever going to get both. You're not. That era ended the day the story guys and the gameplay guys stopped being the same guys, which was ~20 years ago.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - First Glimpse