Avernum 3: Ruined World - To be Released for iPad

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The iPad version of Avernum 3: Ruined World HD, is scheduled to be released next week the 18th of April.

Spiderweb Software Announces Avernum 3: Ruined World HD, A Fantasy Role-Playing Game for the iPad

Conclusion to epic saga coming April 18, 2018

April 10th, 2018 - Spiderweb Software, Inc., makers of fine indie games for 24 years, have announced Avernum 3: Ruined World HD for iOS. A tale of desperate exiles and their battle for a land to call their own, Avernum 3 is an epic fantasy role-playing adventure coming to the iPad on April 18th.

At last, your people are free. You broke out of the underworld prison of Avernum. You emerge onto the surface, finally back into the sun, only to find that the world is being destroyed. Plagues of horrifying monsters scourge the surface. If you don't stop them, you will have no home to escape to.

Avernum 3: Ruined World is the conclusion to the epic Avernum saga and a full remaster of Spiderweb Software's greatest hit. It is a huge fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous world, with over 60 hours of gameplay spanning an underworld and a gigantic surface continent. Fight the plagues of monsters that are destroying your home. Explore a world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen.

Fight to save the world. Or don't! Do odd jobs. Become a bounty hunter or a merchant. Buy a house. Explore a multitude of towns and dungeons. Master over 60 spells, battle disciplines, and hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts. Explore one of the biggest, most unique worlds in computer games!

Avernum 3: Ruined World is out for Windows and Macintosh now and will be out for the iPad on April 18th. Avernum 3 has no in-app purchases. Pay once and get the entire game!
More information.

So anyone played the previous Avernum games on an iPad? How well does it stack up against playing on PC/Mac?

So anyone played the previous Avernum games on an iPad? How well does it stack up against playing on PC/Mac?
I believe @txa1265; played some of the previous Avernum games on an iPad.

I still need to get around to playing this one for my computer, picked it up on release and the obligatory patches should have hit by now, so it may be quite soon on the list to delve into!

I believe @txa1265; played some of the previous Avernum games on an iPad.

The games are entirely identical across platforms, so it really comes down to how and when you like to play. I have come to personally prefer them on the iPad due to convenience ... but typically get them immediately on the Mac at release so iPad is a replay.

I played Escape From the Pit entirely on my iPad. I used a thin stylus. I’ll be playing all his games that way it was a great experience.

Played first game on iPad and it plays the same as PC. It's nice to have it mobile and one of the better iPad RPGs I think.

Back
Top Bottom