RPG Crawler - Top 5 PC RPGs of 2017

independent of his picks, the video itself was pretty bad.
Once scene per game doesn't really show anything about the game.
After having seen his Hand of Fate snippet for example I still had no idea what the game is about. Just that it had cards in it and was better than the predecessor.
Nioh just showed some very darkish combat scene…

Yes. ME4.

Did EA even release any RPGs this year?

There is one of two ways to read this. EA being early access or EA games. Personally I think the EA program name is Valves poke at Electronic Arts games being unfinished.

As to your question there was Mass Effect: Andromeda which is an action rpg.

Oh yeah, o course, ME:A, completely forgot about that. *embarrassed*

Well, excluding EA rubbish actually gives him a token of legitimacy in my book. And then I saw his picks.

Well, D:OS 2 is great. Nioh is decent. 2 outta 5 ain't that bad.

Extreme indie bias, though.

ME4 was decent game, but it lacked meaningful content. Also I disliked the profiles thing, they should have sticked with the classes like they had before.

Otherwise it's an ok list except for west of loathing. I could never get into it because of the art style

independent of his picks, the video itself was pretty bad.
Once scene per game doesn't really show anything about the game.
After having seen his Hand of Fate snippet for example I still had no idea what the game is about. Just that it had cards in it and was better than the predecessor.
Nioh just showed some very darkish combat scene…

I find a lot of these youtubers do that - they just have random game footage in the background like animated wallpaper, as they yammer on. Rarely do I see them using it in a way to illustrate what they're talking about.

Well I've played and enjoyed four of those games. It makes me think that I should give Nioh a try too.

Battle Brothers is one of the best computer games I've ever played. Is it an RPG? Hardly.

No Elex? Cmon man. The other games looked not all that interesting to me. And I'm not a fanboy of D:OS2.

However what game was he playing at the beginning of the video that he never mentions?
Edit: Seven Days Long Gone. Looks interesting. Why show footage of that game and never reference it....

I find a lot of these youtubers do that - they just have random game footage in the background like animated wallpaper, as they yammer on. Rarely do I see them using it in a way to illustrate what they're talking about.

Yeah, that's actually extremely time consuming and I am not always showing >everything< in the videos myself. But showing 2-3 snips to get a presentation of the game is a must have.
I mean, a video is bad if you could represent the footage in a better way by showing 3 static screenshots instead.

Surprised (or am I, considering the questionable content of this shambolic parade), that ELEX and/or Grimoire is not on this list.

Hey guys - give RPG Crawler a break -

• Hand of Fate 2
  • West of Loathing
  • Battle Brothers
  • Nioh
  • Divinity Original Sin 2
is an excellent 2017 RPG selection. RPG Crawler is a very well informed guy and collects RPG news every week. He created his personal list and has chosen only from games that he played enough.

Back
Top Bottom