Film Grain Fix

Im not exactly sure what the revision does. he mentions not being able to use scopes on some planets, but i tested it and i can use scopes (although every once in a while i get texture pop ins with the sights and when i first bring up the scope i cant see the crosshairs - but exiting zoom and re-entering zoom fixes it)

I havent had any issues with the ones i posted (i use them).

edit- i looked at that post again, and he was referencing when you just erase the noise lines, i didnt erase them, i just changed the values, so all the other processes still flow.

Last edited:
doesn't really work on ATI 5850, even though the flashlight is screwed again and flickering, so what is downloadable form the player1 post can be preferred, the film grain still speeds like hell but a least the torch is back ok, using this one and only the planet files, skipping alien hdr ship, anyone has other expriences/ hints?

ati flicker fix is in wesps patches

I took a look at my Precursors version and I can't seem to get film grain at all, even without using the fix. So is there some way in the options or setup to turn it off?

which version are you using?
Im pretty sure the vanilla 1.0 version needs to be modified. When I reinstalled a few weeks ago, it had the grain. theres no option in the menu to turn off. I havent checked the 1.1 version. I remember having to use the GRPunpacker and grabbing the postprocess folder. inside the folder, each world has its own settings (GREEN PLANET, YELLOW PLANET…)
If I remember right, theres a line at the bottom starting with NOISE, i changed the defualt value to 0.0, saved, and then the film grain was gone. then i went in to all the files and repeated process.

before-
Precursors2011-01-1007-28-45-08.jpg

after-
Precursors2011-01-1007-25-36-03.jpg

I think it makes the shadows a little crisper too.

Okay, I'll add this to the ATI fix option and will rename it Flicker Noise Fix :)!

Back
Top Bottom