Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Its your Turn

Isn't it already though? I'm not convinced that individual stretch goals actually do much to sell a game; they're all about the publicity. This one is bound to bring more notice.
You might be right. But I think if they had announced this as a stretch goal would have been even more publicity resulting in more money.
I guess the main reason they didn't do it is that the whole campaign including the stretch goals had been worked out in detail before and they didn't want to change that plan.

You might be right. But I think if they had announced this as a stretch goal would have been even more publicity resulting in more money.
I guess the main reason they didn't do it is that the whole campaign including the stretch goals had been worked out in detail before and they didn't want to change that plan.

I can imagine they could be also afraid of backfire from RTwP ultras. Also here in comments some declared to pull back pledge if next stretch goal is change to TB.
Of course - this announcement doesnt change game into TB, it just gives aditional option how to play, but if it was stretch goal, some might still complain its included at the expense of some other additional contant. I think this way can help them better mitigate such damage.

Yeah, I see.

But people need to chill. In verey game there are features you don't like and they have been added at the expense of something you would have liked more. There is no other way.

My perfect response.:p
We know that many of you are eager to see a turn-based mode.

Will Owlcat be able to tell how many players play TB vs. RTwP? It'd be nice to have some stats released once the game comes out so the everyone can stop assuming that they're in the majority.
Also.:cool:
Good, now all the losers can stop crying about no TB combat.
Edit: Playing a sorcerer or mage will be easier now as I hated flinging spells in RTwP.

Last edited:
I'm good either way. I enjoy turn based games more but Pathfinder had perfect RTwP combat. I really have no idea which way I will play. I would guess I will do TB for the boss fights.

I could see why the RTwP fans could get upset. It would be like saying Civilization is going Real Time.

Only a self righteous fool would get upset since the mode is optional. They can play without turn-base if they wish. Why should some self righteous fool tell ME how i can and cannot play ?
--
Now if everyone was required to play TB mode that would be a different matter.
I could see why the RTwP fans could get upset. It would be like saying Civilization is going Real Time.

Why would we care? It's still an RTWp game do you think we don't like turn-based combat because of players or something like that... I don't hate people who like Turn-based I completely support this decision and welcome it.

I think it should be the new industry standard. Make RPGs in RTwp and add turn base option, it's good! The more people like it the more sales they get the more RPGs we get.
Maybe we can actually get this genre of the ground and get more than one decent Rpg a year if that.
GJ Owlcat Games!
Now if only they would fix visuals for attacks, especially for giant creatures I hate getting hit by stuff that's visuals out of range and somehow still hits me.:)

As expected. They are making the best of the better worlds for themselves.

If they had made it UgoIgo from the start, this would have exposed their product to assessment as a UgoIgo product.

Right now, it is prevented as they stated they design their product as a RTwP combat based product and consequently, it gives a different perspective as no quality is to be expected.

It is done as a favour and beggars can not be choosers etc

The way to do business in the american system: get customers compliant to the idea they have no quality to expect about a certain feature in a product.

I can imagine they could be also afraid of backfire from RTwP ultras.

The legions of RTwP ultras will petition their representative, phone to their lawyer and if not enough, march on Washington. Better be prepared.

The legions are unnumbered so much it is impossible to find one streamer from their ranks playing this vid product RTwP.

In the meantime, PwRT players aka UgoIgo fifth column will cower in fear.

Yeah, I see.

But people need to chill. In verey game there are features you don't like and they have been added at the expense of something you would have liked more. There is no other way.

Enlightening comment.

In these days when players scream at the idea of products featuring female, black characters or whatever in their product on basis of essential incompatibility, this would degrade the experience, the inclusion of a UgoIgo mode is nothing incompatible with a RTwP approach.

Players set their priorities. All gameplay related.

The result of two centuries more of institutionalized double standards.

Only a self righteous fool would get upset since the mode is optional. They can play without turn-base if they wish. Why should some self righteous fool tell ME how i can and cannot play ?
--
Now if everyone was required to play TB mode that would be a different matter.
I think the point is that the original was rtwp and that the devs are going to spend resources developing a different mode which they could have used elsewhere...

Personally its the only thing that's making me want to try the game but I understand why people wouldn't be happy.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I would presume - perhaps incorrectly - that such resources spent would be thin given how effective the mod was on the first game.

I think the point is that the original was rtwp and that the devs are going to spend resources developing a different mode which they could have used elsewhere…

Personally its the only thing that's making me want to try the game but I understand why people wouldn't be happy.

I think it should be the new industry standard. Make RPGs in RTwp and add turn base option, it's good!
I just threw up in my mouth a little there.

But way to go, devs!! Regarding the modder who started this ball rolling, this is how you get a job in the industry, so way to go modder too!!

Well the game was a guaranteed purchase no matter what, but I'm even more excited to try it with the new turn based option.

I definitely don't think that most games should have both a turn based and RTWP mode added. Trying to do both at once often results in each one being unsatisfying. But this is a unique situation where the rules were always meant to be turn based and have just been slightly awkwardly shoved into a real time package. So changing them back to turn based is really easy.

Why would we care? It's still an RTWp game do you think we don't like turn-based combat because of players or something like that… I don't hate people who like Turn-based I completely support this decision and welcome it.

I think it should be the new industry standard. Make RPGs in RTwp and add turn base option, it's good! The more people like it the more sales they get the more RPGs we get.
Maybe we can actually get this genre of the ground and get more than one decent Rpg a year if that.
GJ Owlcat Games!
Now if only they would fix visuals for attacks, especially for giant creatures I hate getting hit by stuff that's visuals out of range and somehow still hits me.:)

I guess people don't understand the definition of could. And when you say, why would we care, I guess you speak for all RTwP players. I was just throwing a hypotheses out there. ;)

I wouldn't want the developers of Battle Brothers wasting one second on a RTwP mode.

I definitely don't think that most games should have both a turn based and RTWP mode added. Trying to do both at once often results in each one being unsatisfying.

It depends on how solidly a round/turn mechanic is adhered to by the game engine BEFORE turnbased playmodes are brought up in conversation. Kingmaker was a case of developers following PnP rules all the way through (for the most part). The turn-based mod was a natural extension of this and feels natural because of just how well the game designers did their job in the planning stages.

Another possibility: perhaps they aren't 100% confident they can get it working, or at least working well, so if it isn't a stretch goal they can apologize and back out. I'd imagine the enemy AI may require significant revision, so it could become expensive.

Can I just point out they're at $1.1million now after asking for $300K? It's like the olden days of Kickstarter.

I think the point is that the original was rtwp and that the devs are going to spend resources developing a different mode which they could have used elsewhere…

I hear this point used often. Problem is, that point assumes that to add one thing you must take from another. It’s very possible that the resources used to add TB are resources that wouldn’t have been used at all.

Back
Top Bottom