Endless Space 2 - Awakening Expansion Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@RockPaperShotgun A new expansion for Endless Space 2 has been released called Awakening.

Amplitude Studios may be working on a new Civ-ish 4X strategy game retelling human history, the recently-announced Humankind, but they're not out of wild and fanciful sci-fi histories either. Today they released a new Endless Space 2 expansion adding an interesting new faction named the Nakalim. They're a once-great empire who went dormant after their gods were killed and are now trying to secure their galactic position in anticipation of their gods returning. I do appreciate how Amplitude create factions who are more than your usual "they're Klingons - but bugs!" or "they're Borg - but less 90s!" Come meet the Nakalim.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

And here I was hoping this one would awaken combat mode so this is actually a good game worth playing.

It actually is a good STRATEGY game worth playing.

And here I was hoping this one would awaken combat mode so this is actually a good game worth playing.

So none of the Paradox Games (CK, EU, et al) are worth playing either? There's plenty of gameplay systems in ES2 and plenty you can do to influence combat. Putting in a full blown combat system necessarily reduces the focus on other things (see: The Age of Wonders games)

So none of the Paradox Games (CK, EU, et al) are worth playing either? There's plenty of gameplay systems in ES2 and plenty you can do to influence combat. Putting in a full blown combat system necessarily reduces the focus on other things (see: The Age of Wonders games)
Endless Space had passable combat, Endless Legend very nice combat. Endless Space 2 has almost non existent combat. Don't bring a completely different company with range of very different products into this.
I am sorry if I was expecting Endless Space 2 to continue and bring even better combat..

Back
Top Bottom