Arakion - First Dev Diary 2021

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The first Dev Diary of 2021 for Arakion shows current progress as of February.

Hey Venturers!

Today's video shows off all the new character models. I want to preface this video by saying sorry for the delay, a few months ago I lost a lot of the source graphics for the game and had to recreate them, most of that is now done and we're about ready to start putting out updates! Be sure to check out the video below for new characters and more information!

Have a wonderful day!

-Lavidimus

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

It's been awhile since I've seen this one mentioned. I actually forgot it was still in development. I remember when this was being covered here on a fairly regular basis.

Nod, I received my key quite some time ago, tried it out and realized it was still a ways from being in a playable state. I'm pleased to see that progress continues, I always hoped this one would come to a good beginning.

I bought this one in early access, because I love blobbers, and this one has some good ideas, and what I have seen looked and still looks good. This one has been in development for something like 9 years, though, and it will rival Age of Decadence for develoment time when it finally releases. There has been constant work on it during that time, just at a very slow pace.

I bought this one in early access, because I love blobbers, and this one has some good ideas, and what I have seen looked and still looks good. This one has been in development for something like 9 years, though, and it will rival Age of Decadence for develoment time when it finally releases. There has been constant work on it during that time, just at a very slow pace.

I didn't even know it had been released in EA. If you had to compare it to another blobber, what would you say it's similar to?

I didn't even know it had been released in EA. If you had to compare it to another blobber, what would you say it's similar to?

I haven't actually played the early access, but the developer has made it clear that one of his main inspirations is the Might and Magic series. There are differences though as another one of his influences is the Korean RPG Dark Clouds 2 , where the heroes remove treasures from dungeons to repair the outside world, sort of like a city builder, which in turn improves the characters, instead of the traditional leveling up.

Nod, from what I remember of the brief time I tried the game, it reminded me greatly of Might and Magic. I also recall it being quite challenging, although again I didn't really play it for very long.

I haven't actually played the early access, but the developer has made it clear that one of his main inspirations is the Might and Magic series. There are differences though as another one of his influences is the Korean RPG Dark Clouds 2 , where the heroes remove treasures from dungeons to repair the outside world, sort of like a city builder, which in turn improves the characters, instead of the traditional leveling up.

I'm not familiar with Dark Clouds 2, but I looked it up and was surprised that it would be an influence for this game. It looks like an action-JRPG from what I could see. Arakion reminds me more of something like Operencia.

I'm not familiar with Dark Clouds 2, but I looked it up and was surprised that it would be an influence for this game. It looks like an action-JRPG from what I could see. Arakion reminds me more of something like Operencia.

I'm taking the developer at his word here, as I haven't played Dark Cloud 2 either. And specifically it is taking the gameplay elements I mentioned namely retrieve x item from a dungeon, use it to build a structure in settlement building mode, then having the structure act to advance or level up the character.
I think in terms of movement, and combat, the game is inspired by the Might and Magic series. But in terms of visuals, I would agree it looks like Operencia. I think the world has the same sort of fairy tale style ambiance, rather than a more traditional high fantasy style. You have to realize this game has been in development for something like 8 years, so the style was developed long before anyone had heard of Operencia.

Wow man didn't think this game was even still in development.:roll:

Well the more you know and all that crap as the saying goes.

Back
Top Bottom