Two Worlds II - Shattered Embrace Announcement

Not sure what your point is, but ok.

The only thing that really matters is whether or not it's any good. I hope they're not depending on the success of this DLC in order to make TW III.

Already made my point many replies back.:)
Minimal work that nets a small profit is the path they choose to take.
That's why they keep milking this game.

I haven't played the last DLC yet but but I heard it was bad.

Same, CP, and I'm a big fan. I really enjoyed the main game but they added a pretty broken multiplayer piece and it never gained traction. This game should be at version 4 or 5 by now but they're still trying to make money on two. Whoever runs this company has zero business sense.

I think I'd start over with a kickstarter and a completely new engine. Not sure if their track record would just kill that idea though. They haven't shown the ability to spend money wisely, so why back a likely failure. It's a shame.

It amazes me that there has been almost no competition to the Bethesda formula that has made billions. The Witcher 3 was great, even if not my cup of tea, but it has been the only real game that even tried. The new Assassin's Creed game was pretty good. If they would go pure fantasy with a new brand and that engine, I could see a new contender for sure. Especially as this developer cranks out new content more than once a generation.

My guess is most large publishers think SP is dead and its not worth the resources. As for Ubisoft they hired a few Ex-BioWare veterans for an unannounced open world game.

Think it was David Gaider or Mike Laidlaw? So they might be making that RPG.:drool:

When did Beamdog buy the rights to Two Worlds II?
Never did and no one said they did. :)

We went off-topic which is usual on this forum.

Couch, you're a little slow to pick up on humor sometimes. ;)
Yep I know. Nothing new really as I told you before.:cool:

Anyway doesn't look like a joke. If it was it was terrible.:biggrin:

My guess is most large publishers think SP is dead and its not worth the resources. As for Ubisoft they hired a few Ex-BioWare veterans for an unannounced open world game.

Think it was David Gaider or Mike Laidlaw? So they might be making that RPG.:drool:

Mike Laidlaw at Ubisoft Québec. They were the leads on AC Odyssey, but Mike joined after the game was released.

David Gaider is somewhere in Australia I believe, I'm not sure what he is doing exactly.

Mike Laidlaw at Ubisoft Québec. They were the leads on AC Odyssey, but Mike joined after the game was released.

David Gaider is somewhere in Australia I believe, I'm not sure what he is doing exactly.
So it was Laidlaw I wasn't sure thanks. I remember reading he might be working on another unannounced project also. Lets hope it isn't another Assassin Creed.

Just because I want a different open world fantasy or Sc-Fi RPG instead. As for Gaider I think he was working on the The Waylanders, but left that project after it was funded.

Well if anyone cares.:biggrin:

Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace DLC Release Date Announced - Steam
Picking up immediately after the events of "Call of the Tenebrae", you and your companions are stunned when the mythical, long lost Elves suddenly resurface on a remote island! But surprise quickly turns to alarm as the Elves reemergence brings a secret from the past with sinister echoes of the Tenebrae Order’s ancient evil! Now, with evil bearing down on the land and the unity of the races broken, the Shattered Embrace may spell doom for all of Antaloor!
For those who want just the date it's Dec 6, 2019.

I was just about to whine about this being ANOTHER TW2 weird release - and I see it's the same old thing coming up soon.

I guess I should check it out.

Reading these announcements is like visiting an old friend's grave, seeing a decaying hand breaking through the earth, waving at you.

Who the hell's buying DLC for this piece of garbage?

OK, so it had a charm and a great spell system, but TWII should be a long distant memory by now.

Take the handful of good things from it and make a decent game out of it in TWIII

I would play TW2 stuff, but I wouldn't PAY for TW2 stuff. That's just silly.

Back
Top Bottom