Skyrim Followers & Marriage

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
So I never bothered with followers or marriage in Skyrim, but I'm thinking of doing it for my Azar playthrough.

The idea is to marry a follower after many adventures so it doesn't feel too rushed because Skyrim isn't that great of a romance simulator and do the wedding toward the "end" so all of Azar's friends shows up.

My sole experience with followers was back in 2011 (excluding Baras with Azar who is a forced follower for a quest) and it wasn't a good one. I installed a follower framework so hopefully it is better this time.

But my main problem isn't that, it's who to take as a follower. I've been doing some reading and some of them cap very low (level 20/30), some have no cap (mostly DLC story followers) but aren't necessarily marriage options either. A lots of the available ones are members of the Companions too which Azar isn't a member off because they do stuff "if the coins are good enough".

So does people have any ideas or want to share their experience? Because at this point I might be stuck with Lydia.

edit: Oh and I want base game followers, I'm not a fan of fan-made ones.

Well you could uncap them easy enough and they would still be vanilla.

I have romanced three of the vanilla ones. One was meh as they got to "yes my love, okay my love" afterwards. One was excellent and thats my main character Grim's partner. The third was okay but nothing special.

Frankly for all my love for Skyrim the followers really suck. Only Serana was done even close to right. Now FO4 … light years better. Still not on par with some of Bioware … and whether they are as good as FNV depends on your taste. I think they are close but overall find the followers in FO4 the best of any game I have played outside of DAO and perhaps ME.

I think I only got into the Skyrim one because I wrote so 4.5 books worth of stories, over 6 years, on my main character and his partner featured heavily in those stories. So I had a lot more immersion and lore based on my own rich backgrounds I have to them.

Currently playing a new Skyrim and this time have a wolf, a fox, and Stenvar for my party. Wolf and Fox are mods. Stenvar is vanilla although I did edit his looks a little.

Lydia is pretty good. My first character hung out a lot with her but I never romanced her.

I would say go with Serana if you want a bit more depth. Otherwise whomever you can stand the best.

Serana requires a mod to marry (she has all the dialogues for it but wasn't flag enabled by Bethesda) and she's like the total opposite of someone Azar should be into, which actually makes her a good choice I guess (opposite attract right?).

Lydia is actually a good choice, even if I said I was stuck with her. lol.

I thought you could convince Serana to get cured. She does that out of love for Azar. A true story book romance in the making.

By the title I thought this was one of Dart's threads :)

I thought you could convince Serana to get cured. She does that out of love for Azar. A true story book romance in the making.

You can, if you pick your dialogue choice carefully from what I've read. Doesn't have anything to do with romance though, well depends how you look at it. lol

Back
Top Bottom