Witcher 3 Woohoo...Witcher wins 2016 best rpg award!

The Witcher 3
cool, deserved 100%

Wait… They gave best rpg to - expansion?!

It's a great expansion but… Still dlc should not be treated as a standalone game. Unless this was deliberate showing to likes of EA and Ubi we had enough of their style of dlc that is terrorizing gamers.

It's a great expansion but… Still dlc should not be treated as a standalone game

Fully agreed!

It's a great expansion but… Still dlc should not be treated as a standalone game. Unless this was deliberate showing to likes of EA and Ubi we had enough of their style of dlc that is terrorizing gamers.

Both expansions are bigger and better than a lot games.

It is technically, but Blood and Wine could be seen as an exception to this rule. Entirely new world with a completely different environments, ambiance and culture, new standalone OST, added gameplay mechanics, enemy types, armor, weapons, storyline, quests, npc's….so on and so on.
By a mile, feels far more polished and original than a lot of full blown sequels of this year ( Dark Souls, Dishonored, etc…).
Only expansion I've played that comes even close to stand up to it, is D2 Lord of Destruction.

This bothers me a lot. It's a good expansion, okay, but, it's not a full game.

Gettin' ugly security errors from that site. I think they've got some certificate issues.

It's about time they acknowledged Zloth as security risk. :p

It is technically, but Blood and Wine could be seen as an exception to this rule. Entirely new world with a completely different environments, ambiance and culture, new standalone OST, added gameplay mechanics, enemy types, armor, weapons, storyline, quests, npc's….so on and so on.

Sounds like the definition of any RPG expansion.

Sounds like the definition of any RPG expansion.

Nah, only some can compare to this one in introduction of new assets (up to 90% new (according to devs) in some areas).
And the quality speaks for itself...overall highest ratings in this year.
Only hang up for some people is requirement of the base game( while you can play it separately).

Hey, I've actually started playing Blood & Wine. I'm playing a "Best RPG" in the same year it won "Best RPG"! I'm finally catching up!!

B&W probably is the best RPG of 2016, even though it's a DLC. It's unlike any other expansion/DLC I've ever played, and the sheer scope and quality is staggering. I think it was in the 30-40 hour region for me, making it as big as Mass Effect.

The only expansion I can think of that can rival it is Night of the Raven, which has been my #1 expansion since its release.

Skyrim looks better and that's worse visuals than any other game in past 2 years.
At least that's what people who never played it say.

I'm playing the Skyrim Special Edition right now, and it doesn't come close to TW3 in terms of graphics. It's probably still the 2nd best looking RPG out there though, along with Mass Effect or DAI or something along those lines. TW3 is simply the king though (in most aspects to be fair).

Back
Top Bottom