Kingmaker - The Wildcards DLC Coming December 6th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new DLC has been announced for Pathfinder: Kingmaker called The Wildcards which introduces a new race, class and companion.

Fiend blood runs through their veins, whispering cruel truths and evil ideas. Who are they? Tieflings, the outcasts of the civilized world.

Living channels of elemental energy, tamers of wild power - who are they? Kineticists, masters of occult elemental skills.

A mysterious stranger crosses the threshold of your barony - marked with the blood of devils, gifted with the power of the elements. Who is she? Discover for yourself!

This new DLC for Pathfinder:Kingmaker includes:

• A new playable race.
During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

• A new playable class. They master the raw power of the elements, channeling it into their wild talents to manipulate the world around them. Kineticists are living conduits of primal energy, deadly both in close and ranged combat.

• A new companion. If you combine a race with a class, you get a character. Welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own storyline. She could also be a romance option and may hold one of the positions in the Kingdom.

The new companion will join your party in the beginning of Chapter 2. Those who would like to add the companion to their current playthrough can do so at any point before the end of Chapter 5 ("War of the River Kings"): the companion will ask for an audience at your throne room. However, we would advise to begin your acquaintance with the character as soon as possible.
More information.

Nothing groundbreaking or DLC that's shouts must buy.:p

Sounds to me like it's content that didn't make it into the release.

Nothing groundbreaking or DLC that's shouts must buy.:p

Sounds to me like it's content that didn't make it into the release.

Are you crazy!? :p This is day one purchase for me, as soon as I can afford the Season Pass. But I'm also very much into the game and am loving it a lot. :wideeyed:

Keep thinking what you want Fluent this just doesn't excite me.

Let me know if a full expansion with 20+ hours of content is ever released.

Though by today's industry standards that rare.:evil:

Keep thinking what you want Fluent this just doesn't excite me.

Let me know if a full expansion with 20+ hours of content is ever released.

Though by today's industry standards that rare.:evil:

Well the second Varnhold campaign will be the size of a full chapter, or 6-12 hours (probably 20 for me, I play slow). And the extra companion will have quests as well, along with the dungeon which is endless + new items, spells, etc. they said, it equals up to a hefty chunk of content. Rather than one campaign expansion it's split up to about the size of a decent expansion.

One blind fanboy and one pessimistic jaded gamer enter one room.

Now just have to figure out the punchline and we have a good joke everyone.:lol:
Well the second Varnhold campaign will be the size of a full chapter, or 6-12 hours (probably 20 for me, I play slow). And the extra companion will have quests as well, along with the dungeon which is endless + new items, spells, etc. they said, it equals up to a hefty chunk of content. Rather than one campaign expansion it's split up to about the size of a decent expansion.
Just messing with you Fluent but that second DLC sounds like something I will like.
DLC #2 - “Varnhold's Lot”

A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to face? Play this new story and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign! This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.

Well, I'm excited, and I get it for free as well :p Yay, early tier access backer reward :p

I have to buy the Season Pass as I was late on the Kickstarter bandwagon (shameful, I know :p). Soon as I get the $25 it's an instant purchase, though. :)

Edit - @Couchpotato;, "Each DLC will deliver fresh and exciting content: There are new locations, companions, items, modes and most importantly, new emotions to experience!"

Sounds like in total it equals an expansion to me. Remember BG1's expansion was probably smaller than what these 3 total are offering. :)

OMG they are adding Tieflings? Well shit all is forgiven at this point. I have been so itching to play a Tiefling lately. I was looking around at my old NWN games and almost debating trying to get them to work just to play one.

Instead I spent the last 3 weeks and 60 hours or so making a Tiefling Race mod for Skyrim. What is so amazingly ironic is that I just released the mod today (here's proof - just uploaded tonight shortly before coming here to read the news before bed: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94779).

So then I come over here for my pre-bed read and what do I behold? Kingmaker is adding Tieflings (I was so annoyed they added those goody-goody Asimar things pfft :) )

I guess with all the recent patches and this news I will be ready to play a full game finally.

Also glad I have a season pass as I paid big bucks in the KS for this game ;) Nice news as the holidays approach ... although the release date says 6/18/2018??

Actually though, @wolfgrimdark; Aasimars can also be evil or cruel in the game. Just check some of their blood type descriptions. :)

Actually though, @wolfgrimdark Aasimars can also be evil or cruel in the game. Just check some of their blood type descriptions. :)
That always baffled me how Lawful Good dialogues as a Paladin sounded worse then playing a Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil character. Good lesson here on morality it seems.

Good can be just as bad as Evil & The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

As for the Tieflings class last time I played as one was in NWN2 and you had horns and a tail. One of the games main companions was a Tiefling called Neeshka.

Actually though, @wolfgrimdark; Aasimars can also be evil or cruel in the game. Just check some of their blood type descriptions. :)

Aye I know - I did a ton of research on both Aasimars and Tieflings while doing my Skyrim mod. I was mainly just poking fun as I know the Aasimars won the popular vote to be in the base game. Also for those who know me I don't play evil characters anyhow - NG, CG are the two alignments I play. I sometimes try to start as a TN or CE but I always end up shifting over to the good side. My Tiefling will definitely be on the CG side. Not sure what classes they can be (I know there is a new class but not sure if that is the only one or if they can be any) but more than likely to make them a Ranger, Rogue, or Sorcerer (Warlock).

There can also be Tieflings whose bloodline is influenced by the Fey (Fey Tiefling) or Chaos as well as evil and fiendish blood. In addition they can also come from gods although in general Tieflings by definition have a bloodline/pact more on the side of evil and chaos entities.

But like the Aasimars a Tiefling can be good or evil - either embracing their dark side or fighting it. I do like the Fey and Chaos ones a bit more as less demonic and more elemental.

Anyhow this all looks good.

Aye I know - I did a ton of research on both Aasimars and Tieflings while doing my Skyrim mod. I was mainly just poking fun as I know the Aasimars won the popular vote to be in the base game. Also for those who know me I don't play evil characters anyhow - NG, CG are the two alignments I play. I sometimes try to start as a TN or CE but I always end up shifting over to the good side. My Tiefling will definitely be on the CG side. Not sure what classes they can be (I know there is a new class but not sure if that is the only one or if they can be any) but more than likely to make them a Ranger, Rogue, or Sorcerer (Warlock).

There can also be Tieflings whose bloodline is influenced by the Fey (Fey Tiefling) or Chaos as well as evil and fiendish blood. In addition they can also come from gods although in general Tieflings by definition have a bloodline/pact more on the side of evil and chaos entities.

But like the Aasimars a Tiefling can be good or evil - either embracing their dark side or fighting it. I do like the Fey and Chaos ones a bit more as less demonic and more elemental.

Anyhow this all looks good.

Good info, thanks for sharing. :) I always play NG/CG as well. The new Kineticist class sounds like an elemental magical class as well, so might be worth a look if you're interested in Sorcerer.

That always baffled me how Lawful Good dialogues as a Paladin sounded worse then playing a Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil character. Good lesson here on morality it seems.

Good can be just as bad as Evil & The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

As for the Tieflings class last time I played as one was in NWN2 and you had horns and a tail. One of the games main companions was a Tiefling called Neeshka.

True @ your first point about Lawful Good, it's often very strict and restrictive. The video is really cute and funny, too. She seems like a great companion. :p Would you recommend playing the OC for NWN2 as well Couch?

True @ your first point about Lawful Good, it's often very strict and restrictive. The video is really cute and funny, too. She seems like a great companion. :p Would you recommend playing the OC for NWN2 as well Couch?
Depends it's not as bad as the original NWN campaign but like we talked about in F:NV thread a bunch of content was cut, and the ending is a setup for the expansion.

So yes it's worth a play but play Mask of the Betrayer afterward to finish the story.

Uuugghhh… I couldn't stand companions from NWN2…. Casavir is the best example why I hate playing paladins….

Never played as tiefling before, but I'm keen to try it next time. Kinda sad that Owlcat still haven't announced Dhampir as a playable race :(

Last edited:
A little bit underwhelming compared to the Pillars 2 Season pass. Although it largely depends on how the "rogue-like" dungeon turns out - I fear for the worse.

Well, the base game is far more superior (imo), so no biggie ;)

Couch could be right and the tiefling companion could have been planned earlier but got cut since aasimar won the vote.

I don't think we will play as our current player character in the second DLC, sounds more like you are looking at things as Maegar Varn or one of his underlings. Should be interesting.

I'm not too interested in 3rd DLC (I'm not too into dungeon crawling) but if done well, I suppose it will be entertaining for a short while (like Black Pits in BG EEs)

Back
Top Bottom