HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A major update for the ATOM RPG has been released:

0.7 Krasnoznamenny!

Dear friends!

It is time for another update of ATOM RPG! And we're not talking about bugfixes... Our April update is quite huge as it touches most aspects of the game. As soon as you update ATOM, you will be getting new quests, new characters, new stories, and new gameplay mechanics from all around. According to your wishes - part of Krasnoznamenny is now open, and many other locations are now filled with interactive content. You will also get to play the first of many backer quests we promised during our Kickstarter campaign. This time we made our good friend Rojson's ( youtube.com/user/ROJOV13 ) creation come to life in a long and arduous journey through the Wastes.
Working on this update took most of the last two months and we really hope that you guys will like it. Please, share your opinions and caught bugs on our Steam page. But speaking of bugs - this time we won't be able to fix them before next week, since on April 21st, our whole team (plus a very special Backer) is moving out to Chernobyl! As you can remember, this was one of the top-tier rewards on our Kickstarter page. We're also doing it to catch some glimpses of a true post-nuclear landscape. This will surely help us make the game better in the long run, and once we're back those bugs won't stand a chance! As for the time while we're gone - check on the progress of our adventure using the social media of your choice:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atomrpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/atomrpg
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/atomrpg

• 15+ new characters with unique dialogue;
  • 28 new and renewed portraits;
  • 15+ quests;
  • up to 2000+ lines of new dialogue and system text;
  • new weapons, such as the APS pistol;
  • new headgear;
  • new clothes;
  • new loot;
  • new books;
  • new maps for both quests and random encounters;
  • new use for the Amanita mushrooms...
  • some empty maps are now settled;
  • new crafting recipes;
  • new traders;
  • new Easter eggs;
  • new interaction with an in-game fraction;
  • previously incomplete quest is now finishable!
  • new companion screen, to help manage your fellowship better;
  • advanced tactics for the Follower NPCs
  • updated combat and AI;
  • a possibility of becoming a slaver;
  • many long-term problems, including the one with the intro movie are now solved;
...and many, many more new things await!
More information.

I have this on my wishlist, has anyone played this yet?

I haven't bothered because even the most positive of reviews say there is less than 10 hours of content. Most folks also mention the balancing is very much out of whack, so I'm not going to waste my time...yet.

I'll wait for the full release hopefully in a few years from now. Also hoping it's at least an above average Fallout clone as most are just plain duds. Especially the Russian ones.

I supported them and have a key, but it looks seriously undercooked to me and I'll be waiting a couple of weeks/months before I even think of checking it out.

Is doing the Early Access get any benefit to just waiting? I keep seeing titles like this on Steam and really want to play, but figure it's better to wait until it's finished. Any updates on a completion date?

What I generally do is wait till an item leaves early access for good, then continue to patiently wait another two to three months, and then see what it looks like. I've learned the hard way not to dive in too early these days, many products tends to be barely half baked when they initially launch.

Back
Top Bottom