Witcher 3 Second Play through

The Witcher 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Well I am not even half way though a second play through. What started out as just seeing how the game looked and played on my new computer. Well has turned into a game I don't remember playing.

I say I don't remember playing not because I don't remember how great of a game it is. More it is a completely different game this play through. Unlike any other game where you make different choices and the game seems some what different this one is!

I is truly amazing to me how much work must have went into this game to begin with. Now knowing how that everyone that played it would have and could have had a completely different game.

JUST WOW!!!!

Are you playing with any mods, Celtic. There are quite a few by now.

I suggest not installing mods unless it's your 5th playthrough and you want to mess around or possibly introduce crapload of bugs in the game as it's so different from, well, you know which other game.
If there is any game out there that needs no mods, IMO it's this one.

Are you playing with any mods, Celtic. There are quite a few by now.

No mods. The only time I have ever used a mod in a game is to get an older one to work on a newer computer system.

Like Joxer said I don't think this game needs any. Where I am now in the game I never saw before period and I did 95% of everything my first play through.

Man, I wish I liked the game a 1/10th as much as you guys. I found W3 to be dull and lifeless after Skyrim. There were some amazing quests in the game; mostly the Baron's line, but I found the rest of the game dull and couldn't relate to Geralt at all. The land was just boring as hell. I have about 80 hours in W3 and 1200 in Skyrim. Different strokes….

I notice Europeans like W3 much more than Americans, so maybe that's part of it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I got my money's worth. It is only in comparing the two.
No contest for me. I'm also glad to be in the massive, massive, massive majority
:D

P.S. I finished my 13th character in Skyrim.

Celtic, stop making posts like this. You're only aggravating mister Peanuts. :p

The big difference for me between W3 and skyrim is the atmosphere.
In skyrim black is black and white is white. your choices are obvious and dont really have a meaning. I spent 120 hours playing it, so in the end i liked it enough to play it for a long time.

W3 is different, small choices can have a real impact. Should I free the ghost of this nice woman? Ok. Oops she turns into a murdering spirit of vengeance. In hindsight i should have picked up the clues this would happen. I felt too stupid to reload, i have to live with my own choices.

Skyrim never gave me this feeling... So i guess i like W3 better.
I only played it for 15 hours, so we'll see how I think about it after 130 hours

Man, I wish I liked the game a 1/10th as much as you guys. I found W3 to be dull and lifeless after Skyrim.

I notice Europeans like W3 much more than Americans, so maybe that's part of it.

P.S. I finished my 13th character in Skyrim.
We just liked the game about a protagonist who's most important thing is chasing skirts while everything else has a lower priority.
Since you're too old for that… :p
Don't tell me you didn't try to do as much sidequests you can? Man… You could at least visit the brothel.

Can't agree on continent theory. The biggest european site about games placed TW3 on 5th place of their GOTY list (the winner was some ignorable grinder from phones noone will remember in a few years so I won't type it):
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-21-eurogamers-games-of-2015-the-witcher-3
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...2015-no-2-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain
•2. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
•3. Splatoon
•4. Rocket League
•5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
•6. Her Story
•7. Invisible, Inc.
•8. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
•9. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
•10. Life is Strange

TW3 cannot and shouldn't be compared with Skyrim. There are huge differences:
- TW3 is storydriven openworld where entering caves doesn't cause loadscreens, Skyrim is sandbox openworld with entrance loadscreens
- it's a few bugs game against enormous amount of bugs product
- trashmob respawning doesn't happen every second in TW3, in Skyrim the whole game is built around trashmob respawning concept and grind
- you can't max everything during your TW3 playthrough, during Skyrim playthrough you can max everything
- TW3 does not have Sims DLC as your character already has a "daughter", Skyrim does have some horrible attempt of Sims DLC with kids you can adopt as Sims is also sandbox game

Wait a minute. Did you ever try Sims 3? No? You should. It's also a bit buggy as Skyrim and you can "grind" if you want. For quests though you'll need World Adventures expansion.
And unlike Skyrim, you can have your own car in Sims. Per default. If you want a horse, you'll bneed pets expansions. Skyrim doesn't have cars expansion.

I'm still playing this on my first time through, and wondering if it will ever end! Just made a selection between a brother and sister of the Kaer Trode area, and this game still isn't over. Actually I don't think I've even hit either of the expansions as of yet. Not a complaint at all btw, I totally like getting my twenty five dollars' worth. I am hoping to finish before the next Everquest two expansion comes out, however!

I doubt that has anything to do with it. Fwiw, I think TW3 is the better game by far, and that's despite me being a big fan of Bethesda's stuff.

Skyrim has better exploration, and maybe better loot, but that's it. TW3 is better in pretty much every other category.. visual design, music (though I think Skyrim has very good music as well), writing (by far!), characters, quest design, voice acting, etc.

Only put about 15 hours in to W3 but even with that limited time I'd say it's a better game, but I have more fun playing Skyrim. Modded skyrim that is.

I personally don't even know how you could compare Skyrim to TW3 other than saying they are both open worlds and there are check points in both the games to make it easier to get from one place to another.

One is story driven the other is exploration driven. They are two completely different games that can and should be enjoyed on both their merits.

Side note: I also don't buy into any claims that a game can be better or worst if you given the character or can make one. A game can only be as good as the story, mechanics and the world that these things take place in.

Actually, I think the HD mod is worth putting in. It's been stable for me: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?

Skyrim vs. Witcher 3... that's a tough one. Skyrim has such great exploration and an epic landscape (especially with 3D Vision going). Witcher 3 writing is way better but they get to define your character where you get much more control over your character in Skyrim. Witcher 3 fighting is better but Skyrim is 1st person. Music is great on both of them.

I think this one is really a french silk vs. key lime pie question: I want whichever one I haven't had lately.

Back
Top Bottom