Things you don't need to know...

A kangaroo is on the loose in Norway. Down south.
jdYvR98M4ZnrDoQe0Pb28Qgup_OH5R_YMuNyktQIQZQw

It ran off during feeding time (what did they give him?). Since it's from down under (the land with 72 species of animals, all of them deadly), I assume we should be frightened.

pibbur who will stay home for his 4 week long summer vacation.

So is it a kangaroo or a wallaby? Also unless you plan to box it you should be safe. (No venom on those guys.)

So is it a kangaroo or a wallaby?
Yes. Unless it's a wallaroo. Kangaby?
Also unless you plan to box it you should be safe. (No venom on those guys.)
Hmmm. I guess all ozzies would say that. *looking for a suitable conspiracy theory*

Q: How many professional boxers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Huh?

pibbur who a long time ago decided not to box kangaroos. Or wallabies. Or other metazoan species, humans included. He does however stamp on spiders (and smurfs).

PS.

Regarding ozzie conspliracies about the "deadliness" of ozzie species, the closest (not very close, I'm afraid) I found was this: The Tasmanian tiger isn't actually extinct at all. (number 4). And this one (not very close, I'm afraid): Conspiracy theories have Kangaroos primed. There is of course also this one (not very close, but important): Australia itself is a hoax. Doesn't exist.

DS.

Last edited:
Feeling your brain doesn't work as before? Noticing you're losing wits?
Must be an aging thing.

Or perhaps not?
http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article158378084.html
Our smartphones make it harder for us to think whenever they’re near – even if they’re turned off, according to a new study published last week.

“It’s not that participants were distracted because they were getting notifications on their phones,” said the lead author of the study, Adrian Ward, an assistant professor at the McCombs School of Business at University of Texas at Austin. “The mere presence of their smartphone was enough to reduce their cognitive capacity.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article158378084.html#storylink=cpy

You don't need to know that I just received a call from some coworker and kill me, but now I have no idea what I planned to comment here.

The kangaroo or wallaby was found and brought back to the zoo around 23:00 yesterday. Apparently the animal was a bit stressed after (too) close encounters with a lot of arriving spectators, probably wanting selfies.

pibbur who also would be stressed if people wanted selfies with him. Which hasn't happend. Which also makes him a bit stressed.

This one is especially for the Eye:

pibbur who (thinks he) can play the tune like this.

The kangaroo or wallaby

A few days ago I read about the source of the word "kangaroo". Fascinating stuff. But what's even more fascvinating is the language of those who gave this word to the world community !

Rumour has it, and it seems that it's correct, that

is no longer the most popular video on youtube. It's top position is being replaced by

Eye?

pibbur who will remain undecided on whether this represents progress or not, as he after just a few seconds and FFW-ing decided to skip the rest.

[…]
is no longer the most popular video on youtube. It's top position is being replaced by
[…]

Eye?

pibbur who will remain undecided on whether this represents progress or not, as he after just a few seconds and FFW-ing decided to skip the rest.
Even just a few seconds count as another viewer. I bet all those 2.902.764.763 viewers were just FFW-ing, just like you and me, just to see what the buzz was about. :)

Rumour has it, and it seems that it is correct, that both Psy as well as Wiz Khalifa might lose their position to this Reggaeton song, with 2.504.780.155 views. After all the summer has just begun.

Edit:
What did I say? "Summer has just begun"… it is raining cats and dogs here atm. :)

Anyway, I love dancing. So I studied that Reggaeton song from start to finish, several times. :)
I once thought of starting a 'Dance thread' with videos from dances all over the world, but then I thought… hm… most RPGWatchers are probably more interested in RPGs.

But.. especially for you, pibbur, here is one I'd have mentioned in that thread, that will never be.

Last edited:
That video is bloody amazing dancing! Thanks for sharing.

is no longer the most popular video on youtube.

People still watching Gangnam style? Psy is one lucky prick, that song sure was not very popular in Korea until it went viral overseas...

Yesterday I went to the World Championship Sheepdog trials. These are held every three years. This was the first time it was held on the Continent, The Netherlands to be exact.
Here is a clip of it, skip the latter less interesting part about the market, it was mostly shot in the morning, so few people around.

In case you're interested in the results:
http://wkschapendrijven.nl/scores/

O, and today soccer starts, also being held in The Netherlands,UEFA Women's Euro 2017.
I won't attend that one. Sold out. I'll be in front of the tele this evening though.

Last edited:
O, and today soccer starts, also being held in The Netherlands,UEFA Women's Euro 2017.
I won't attend that one. Sold out. I'll be in front of the tele this evening though.
We have won!! The Netherlands - Norway: 1-0. I did not see many Norwegans playing soccer during the match, best they could do was stand in our way. :)
Next to beat: Denmark.

Things I don't need to know? Um, lemme think. Well, I did not need to know that the great Humphrey Bogart once got fellated by Truman Capote during the filming of Beat The Devil in 1953*. That I did not need to know.

*Source: Pink Triangle: The Feuds and Private Lives of Tennessee Williams, Gore Vidal, Truman Capote

The 8th of August: International Cat day
International Cat Day is a full 24 hours of recognition and veneration of one of humanity’s oldest and most beloved pets. The festivities were put together for the first time in 2002 by IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, among other animal rights groups, to celebrate the most popular pet on the planet.

An estimated 500 million cats are thought to be frolicking in neighbours’ gardens across the world, which means that most every extended family is bound to have an aunt with more kittens than former husbands, whatever the country or climate. And that’s great, because owning a cat has been shown to improve mental health and to relieve stress, anxiety and depression. So when it’s raining cats and dogs outside and you don’t have someone to cuddle with, any black, ginger, Persian, Siamese, Burmese, Bengal, Shorthair, Munchkin, Balinese, RagaMuffin or any old stray cat will do the trick.

So roll out the red carpet and the catnip for your furry feline friend, because International Cat Day is that one day a year when black cats bring good luck and cat eye sunglasses match your entire wardrobe.

Tomorrow is, take your pick:
National Day in Singapore and National Women's Day in South Africa according to Wikipedia.
The site 'Days of the Year' mentions Book Lover's day, Rice pudding day, and Melonday.
And to the UN the 9th of August is the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples.

For the cat lovers, I recommend the documentary 'Kedi', about the street cats of Istanbul.

Back
Top Bottom