NOTHING - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@hardcore gamer A new cyberpunk RPG has been announced, that has been born out of personal tragedy, called NOTHING.

Additionally, initial details for the game promise a meticulous RPG for fans of the genre. In the year 2108, players can drive motorcycles, fly cars, hack systems, hack brains and a myriad of other abilities in order to control the future. Walsh promises twelve possible endings and a plethora of side missions. There are zero building facades which mean that if you can see it, you can enter it. Underground sewers, tunnels and other environmental elements add more depth to the world. Upgrade your protagonist with cybernetic augmentations, in-depth crafting systems and tons of personal and vehicle upgrades. More than anything, Walsh is committed to a story-driven adventure that will challenge your emotions. Currently, there is no release date information other than 2019. Walsh hopes to have a small showing at this year’s E3 and plans to set up a Kickstarter soon for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
More information.

Nothing to see here.

Is Larian making this? The same folks that gave us Divine Divinity?

a video of screenshots, ok.

Not much to go on. What is that personal tragedy that birthed the game?

It's a bit to bright for my taste. I like the rainy dark cyberpunk more.

Is Larian making this? The same folks that gave us Divine Divinity?

It was originally from CDPR. This was meant to be their long awaited follow up, The Warlocker.

Nothing to see here.

Maybe they tried to be original. Anyway they will have some problems with media.

IGN: You are indie devs, right? What do you do?
Devs: Nothing.
IGN: Ehm, ok. Sorry for misunderstanding.
:)

I think the name is very clever. Imagine the free hype they get from all the possible puns. Like:

1. Money for Nothing, chicks for free. (For the kickstarter camaign).
  2. Nothing else matters.
  3. You come from nothing,
    You're going back to nothing
    What have you lost? Nothing.
  4. Nothing compares to U.

5. staring_at_wall.jpg
  6. Nothing is an esoteric programming language designed for bug-free programming.
  7. Much ado about Nothing.

And let's not forget the tricyclic anti depressive drug doxepine which sells under the name "Sinequan", derived from Latin "Sine Qua Non" (Without this, nothing).

pibbur who claims that nothing is not like zero

PS:
If you run out of things to say: Here''s:

1. A list of 100 songs with "Nothing" in the title: https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-songs-with-nothing-in-the-title/ranker-music.
  2. 452 Nothing quotes: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/nothing
  3. A List of synonyms and antonyms for "Nothing": http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/nothing (great for crossword fans).
DS.

Last edited:
Is Nothing something ?

From Wikipedia: Nothing is a concept denoting the absence of something.

However:

1. It's a keyword in Visual Basic.
  2. It's a computer game.
  3. It's the state with lowest possible energy in Quantum mechanics. No matter particles and no photons, but with virtual particles popping in and out of existence.
  4. It's the empty set, {}, in mathematics
  5. It's the second kind of being according to Sartre.
  6. It's a non existing record label (or if you want, a record label has-been)
  7. It's a non existing settlement in Arizona (or if you want, a settlement has-been).

pibbur who could be anytning.

PS.Wikipedia has a list of more than 1000 pages beginning with "Nothing". DS.

Last edited:
Fortunately, I had coffee on hand when I read this thread, otherwise my sanity might have been in jeopardy.

Wise choice.

pibbur who usually has something (non alcoholic) to drink when writing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom