Within the Cosmos - June Development Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a development update for the scifi-RPG Within the Cosmos:

June 2021: Development Update

Weapons: Skills, Attachments, Customisation, Ammo Types. New GIFs and screenshots!

Hi everyone! For this development update I'll be talking about Weapons & Ammo Types. This isn't a complete list of every weapon that's in the game, but it's more of an overview of how the weapons and ammo types work together and how they tie into the RPG aspects of the game.

Initially, I had intended on going with a Mk. I, Mk. II path of progression for weapons (finding better versions of the same weapon as the game goes along), but eventually, after playing through the game a few times, it didn't feel right. I ended up with weapons that no longer served a purpose, as I was able to find better, upgraded versions of them. After this experience, I wanted to make every weapon viable from the beginning to the end of the game. I wanted to ensure that if the first weapon you find in the game is your favourite weapon throughout the journey, then you should be able to use that until the very end. As a result, there are no longer any Mk. I's and Mk. II's in the game. With the extra time I allotted for the games development, I was able to add new weapons to the game. I set out to make sure every weapon can stand on its own. However, there still needs to be some form of progression for weapons, and that progression comes in the way of Skills, and Weapon Attachments.

Weapon Skills
Since this is an RPG, how effective your weapons are in your hands will be largely influenced by your Skill in that particular weapons field. These are the major skills that will govern how your character handles each weapon. This also gives you an idea of the type of weapons in the game.

Automatic Weapons: Determines your proficiency at using Assault Rifles & Sub-machine Guns
Explosives: Determines your proficiency at using Explosive Weapons, like, Grenades, and Traps
Melee Weapons: Determines your proficiency at using Melee Weapons
Ranged Weapons: Determines your proficiency at using Sniper Rifles & DMRs
Small Arms: Determines your proficiency at using Pistols & Shotguns

Improving the skill that you desire will reduce the recoil while firing the weapon, and increase the damage, as well as unlock some perks. Don't forget to add Skill points to them when you level up!

[...]
More information.

Made by a one man developer so yeah its an achievement. The only neagtive thing about the game is the length will only be 10-15 hrs depending on how you play.

Back
Top Bottom