If you were a dog, what breed would you be?

If you were a dog, what breed would you be?

• Golden Retriever - warm, cuddly and great with childre

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Jack Russell - small, tough, opinionated

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • German Shepherd - poised and elegant, but rather hardy

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Tibetan Mastiff - or some other very rare breed

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Poodle - beautifully presented, but a bit of a poser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labradoodle - or some other cute hybrid

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Pit Bull Terrier - scary, but kind deep down

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a non-gaming question. Just imagine that you are a dog, to what breed would your human character fit best?

Obviously there is a plethora of breeds, but here are just a few listed, so just select the one that comes closest and let us know what breed you really are.

From this list the German Shepherd. But my real alter ego in the canine world is of course the Wolfspitz (Keeshond).
Family friendly, curious, nosy, likes a good meal, funny, smart and sometimes lazy when too many commands are coming from all sides :) … and sometimes I don't like strange people.

Attachments

• Himmel1-3175_klein.jpg
    Himmel1-3175_klein.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 99
I don't understand the question.

My parents had two German Shephards when I was 3 or so, they were jealous and constantly attacking and terrorizing me. It's otherwise a fine breed, but saying I have had an issue with dogs since then would be an understatement. So I didn't vote :p

I've known for decades what breed I'd choose to be, it wasn't listed as a choice so I'll name it here: Irish wolfhound, not the type that exists now, I would be the style that lived about eight hundred to a thousand years ago. Trained and bred for war, hunting, and visiting the fine lady dogs!

I see that there is a rare breed option, yet I don't truly consider this animal that, as it's rather prolific in some areas of the world.

I've gone for labradoodle, not that I am cute, but the hybrid thing.

We have a rottweiler/German Shepherd cross, Seren, who a couple of nights ago alerted us at 3am to person(s) trying to break in. Don't think she was that fussed about the intruders, more outraged that her beauty sleep and dreams of handsome visiting Irish Wolfhounds had been interupted.

That's a good guard dog. That's why the Vikings kept Icelandic Sheepdogs. They will bark at anything that's not supposed to be there. Squirrels and birds mostly at my house.

That's a good guard dog. That's why the Vikings kept Icelandic Sheepdogs. They will bark at anything that's not supposed to be there. Squirrels and birds mostly at my house.

Is this a Spitz-breed, too? - it looks like one.

I went for pit bull terrier as the closest analog. I'm not scary I don't think, but I have a prickly exterior and a temper, but am also (or so I believe) compassionate and empathetic underneath.

Is this a Spitz-breed, too? - it looks like one.

Yes, it's the Spitz-breed and size. Most Icelandic Sheepdogs are around 30-35 pounds. Rollo, however, is 50 pounds and we have breeders asking what we feed him because they have never seen IS so large. He's about 5 pounds overwait but he is taller and more muscular than any IS we've seen.

Last edited:
I don't want to be a dog. Dogs are servile creatures. If I had to choose an animal it would be a cat, because cats are proud and free.

But all in all I prefer to be a homo sapiens. :greengrin:

Ehh, I'll be a Golden Retriever. They're pretty cool.

How about a class related poll?

What's your favorite class?

Fighter
Cleric
Mage
Thief
Ranger
Paladin
Fighter/mage

Or how about

What's your favourite class role?

Tank
Healer
Ranged DPS
Melee DPS
Environment support (traps, locks, etc)

Something like this? It's probably been done but not recently enough for me to remember it. Maybe opinions have changed since then, anyway?

Didn't vote but probably a Saint Bernard.

I don't want to be a dog. Dogs are servile creatures. If I had to choose an animal it would be a cat, because cats are proud and free.

But all in all I prefer to be a homo sapiens. :greengrin:

I once read an interesting article about domesticated animals, talking about how they'd adapted their natural behaviours to the new paradigm of appeasing humans. I don't think canines or felines are particularly servile in the wild. I think perhaps canines tend to have more of a hierarchical pack structure, which integrated quite well with humans, in which case they realise they are not the alpha.

I admire the insouciant streak in felines, but not their proclivity to sleep delightfully on my lap for a while, before deciding to extend their adamantine claws into my junk, just for the sake of it, or to go straight for the eyes. :p

Back
Top Bottom