Today is ...

Oh, I know and would do exactly that, but I'm afraid a guy like Oh-One wouldn't survive the first ten minutes :).

… a day pibbur is in a hotel in London. He should have been at his home in Bergen@Norway, saying hello to the wife and playing Skyrim.

But.

Upon arriving at Heathrow airport from Phoenix, he discovered 1) it was sbnowing and 2) all flights except the intercontinental one had been cancelled. Including BA760 due to take to the sky at 1710 GMT, arriving at Flesland@Bergebn@Norway at 2010 CET. Heck, his plane from phoenix was driving around looking for a parking space-

Nlow, closing down Europe's third busiest airport has concequences. Especially since all those people normallhy passing through Heathrow reaching for the skies no longer do that. In stead they're b usy rebooking tickets, finding out what to do and what has been done with their luggage (the un-legged variant). And get a room at the hotel. And they're all trying to do that at the same time. Touchdown for the 747 carrying pibbur (and his two lovely young female colleagues) was 1330 GMT. Pibbur arrived at his hotel at 2000 GMT. Even getting past border control into the US takes shorter time.

So, here he is in London. He has got a pølane (BA758) leaving for home at 0750 (stiull GT) the next day. Assuming that plane does what it's supposed to do at 0750 (still GMT) he should be backj home at 1100 (CET). Assuming that it does…..

What else happened on this very day, except for the, surprise, surprise, roman emperor-wannabes rising to power, only to be downgraded shortly after:

1896 – An X-ray generating machine is exhibited for the first time by H.L. Smith. Sometimes pibbur miisses radiology.

1994 – A possible bolide impact in Cando, Spain.

1997 – Boerge Ousland of Norway becomes the first person to cross Antarctica alone and unaided. Pibbur contemplates being the first one doing that without any training beforehand.

2005 – The Airbus A380, the world's largest commercial jet, is unveiled at a ceremony in Toulouse, France, merely 7.33333 years before pibbur's maiden flight in one.

2012 – A series of coordinated actions (including a blackout of Wikipedia) take place in protest against SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP Act)..

pibbur who is not quite sure where he will be tomorrow, and whose wife's standard response whenever pibbur mentions young, lovely women, is laughing out loud. And who has Skyrim installed on his laptop.

I believe your problem was caused by Global Warming!! :)

Which causes more storms, amazing, eh, and predicts Europe will cool off becasue of a shutdown of the gulfstream? We are all so smart here. :)

Sorry to hear of your predicament, Pibbur.

.. the day pibbur went back again. To Norway.

After a good night's sleep (of which he didn't get much) at his hotel in London, he did get on a plane at 0750 GMT and it did get him to his home town at 1110 CET. It seems he was lucky. Lots of people had to (chose to?) sleep in the airport, and there were more than 100 cancellations by noon, saturday (with even more to come tomorrow, sunday). You can read about it on bbc: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21095656

For his trip home he had bought new noise cancelling earware, which worked very well. So when the skies were cleare over Norway, no turbulence and no engine noise could penetrate the tender tones of Tool, it was quite fascinating watchin the landscape silently gliding below us while we were descending…..

Other people were also traveling this day:

1419: Henry 5.0 of England goes to Normandy 525.4 years before the British and the Americans an many other went there in '44

1520: Sten Sture jr. of Sweden regrets going to Bogesund.
1829: Faust (some of him) goes to Braunschweig
1840: Charles Wilkes goes to his land
1861: Georgia goes south
1978: A beetle leaves Emden
1985: (c)Brain goes wild
2013; New Horizons is 1 090 600 000 km from Pluto and closing

pibbur who won't go to Pluto himself after it was degraded. And who doesn't care about the number of googles for Pluto anymore. Pibbur has 52300.

Good to see you having arrived at home again ! :)

pibbur, your next username should be pibbur pibbur. This time the number of pibburs on google will increase at a rate of 4 per post, since you will have pibbur pibbur as a username and you would then end every post by "pibbur pibbur who ...."

So 4 pibburs for the price of one :)

Whenever i play a civilization game, the first own i build is always "Pibbur Pibbur". And it's inhabitaded by pibburs.

Pibbur who is pibbur

PS. Apparently, according to google, I have used "pibbur pibbur" as a username somewhere. DS.

Perhaps here already ? ;)

Perhaps here already ? ;)

Don't think so. I think all my names here are in the function definition in my sig. :f: {pibbur,pibbur2012,pibbur0x2a,pibbur v.57,pibbur42, pibbur0x21, pibbur who}->{pibbur}

pibbur who sometimes remembers things incorrectly. At other times he is just wrong.

You need to start a daily blog Pibbur .. you are highly enjoyable to read :)

I agree.

Thanks for your kind words. Always nice if someone actually likes what I'm doing. Unfortunately it takes time getting these things together, so I don't think I'll be able to post more frequently.

pibbur who, since he's home again, no longer pays as much attention to what day it is

... the day I broke off one of my incisors with a coat hanger. A pro would have decapitated herself, I guess.

... The day the current katholic-christian Pope, Benedict XVI, is reported to withdraw from his position.

I don't remember. I tried to write it in English as good as I could.
Can somebody please explain to me what I did wrong ?

Back
Top Bottom