Rebel Galaxy - Giant Bomb Quick Look [Extended HD Gameplay]

It is not as good as Freelancer from what I researched but it seem to be a fun space arcade game with good music to kill 40 hours.
kill some more time until no man's sky. god i hope that game doesn't suck...

Keep in mind that they're just my personal observations. I haven't actually played it - and maybe it's better than I give it credit for.

But I remember much the same thing when they did Torchlight - which was exactly the same kind of "feature checklist" Diablo game, only much more shallow. People still praised it and enjoyed it, so maybe it's just me.

They did that deliberately to establish themselves as Runic Games.

It makes perfect sense that they're now establishing themselves as Double Damage Games - with exactly the same kind of short development cycle and low ambitions.

Maybe Rebel Galaxy 2 will be better, though I didn't think much of Torchlight 2. Story was abysmal and gameplay excessively repetitive. Seems to be what they're about. Combat, combat and more combat.

On the other hand, that's what people seem to want. I expect very positive reviews for it.

I'm strange in that I don't enjoy repetition a whole lot. I mean, I was sick of superhero movies after the first Iron Man. Yet, look at what's coming out almost every day. Superhero movies and TV series ALL over the place - and people still love them.

Boggles my mind, truly ;)
d'oh double pst, but torchlight was really just fate+, the game that travis did for wildtangent.

Back
Top Bottom