What games are you playing now?

I'm installing and loading a bunch of games, but haven't settled on anything. It might be time to read 4-5 books in a row or something. Anyway, I've tried Titan Quest, Heroes of Steel, and just downloaded Fable Anniversary. We'll see if that grabs me. I've never played a Fable game.

You'll hate it. Fable.
Or maybe… You can get married in every town. They don't care if you're already married in another. Go get your harem! :D

So over a week ago I bought the D&D 5e manuals and that gave me some D&D craving. I read some FR novels and went through BG1 so I could finally play Siege of Dragonspear, but I'm not really interested in doing the whole BG Saga....yet my D&D gaming craving is still there.

So instead, I decided to (re)play Neverwinter Nights 2. I haven't replayed that in a very long time and I never finished any of the expansions.

I settled for a bard character, but I really miss unlocking/disarming stuff at the start of the game and I don't really feel going through the rest of the game with the OC rogue (I think the last time I went Fighter/Rogue, lol).

Maybe I should restart with a Cleric/Rogue. lol

I grabbed Dragon's Dogma in the Steam sale, kinda like it. Not very good in explaining some key elements, but that's where the internet comes in handy :)

Loren the Amazon Princess

Actually, pretty chill game. Second type of "story" front-line/back-line combat game I've played lately. These games used to put me to sleep, but I'm definitely turning on more to slower games w/ more storytime and turn-based combat as I get older.

Rolling it uncensored, not straight-up-crazy Hentai smut as Sakura Dungeon, but can be a bit racy now and then.

Playing a little Darkest Dungeon now and then, too. The changes theyve made regarding the stun mechanic are welcome, I found myself abusing the stun when it was an option. Dont like the corpses thing, tho.... kind of a pain

Last edited:
Playing Mars: War Logs at the moment and finding it quite refreshing. I haven't played many action rpgs but I am finding it interesting learning the combat moves and timing. Technomancer abilities took a while to learn to use effectively but they have there place. The camera is a little close in tight confined places when fighting. I read somewhere there is a fix for that.

I am finding the story surprisingly interesting through sometimes things happen in contrived ways. The story could stand to be fleshed out a little but at least it doesn't commit the crime of overstaying its welcome and the writing is goodish through in places awkward (notably the beginning of the game with Fatso confrontation). The modding of items has a place in this game - it fits into the setting - which is rare. I am finding it annoying to backtrack past mobs but the travelling itself doesn't bother me (guess I'm used to it) but the combat is fun so not that annoying. Overall it is a good game.

Five Nights at Freddy's ...

I'm on a first person action-RPG hybrid kick at the moment:

Borderlands 2
Dead Island: Riptide (Strangely enjoyable despite the repetition. I quite like the wacky weapon mods, survivalist atmosphere. Up to chapter 7)

Dead Island: Riptide (Strangely enjoyable despite the repetition. I quite like the wacky weapon mods, survivalist atmosphere. Up to chapter 7)

If you're enjoying Dead Island, you need to check out Dying Light. It's by the same developer, but it's far better in almost every way.

Thanks for the tip, JDR. I'll certainly look into it. If there are strong RPG elements to go with the survival horror, plus a decent moody soundtrack, it will definitely fit the bill for when I'm up for this kind of experience again.

I actually played the first Dead Island a couple of years back on my brother's old machine. I remember it took me quite awhile to beat. Riptide is basically more of the same, but I'm liking the tension and mission structure a little more in this one.

Playing Telepath Tactics right now, but will probably be getting a refund if the game freezes up on me again like it has twice so far. Both times I'd been on the map 2-3 hours before it simply froze up, and since you cannot save, I find it rather annoying. Next freeze I'll be not only getting a refund but bad mouthing this thing from here to eternity.

Other than the freezes I love the game, but the issues are totally overwhelming any enjoyment atm.

Playing Riders of Icarus (F2P MMO in open beta). Fun distraction for a few days.

This weekend I have mostly been playing the Elder Scrolls Online - it's very pretty.

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens.

The Lego games are simple, but I still find them fun from time to time. As usual the PC port is buggy however and unlikely to get any real support from WB or TT.

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens.

The Lego games are simple, but I still find them fun from time to time. As usual the PC port is buggy however and unlikely to get any real support from WB or TT.

I tried one of the Lego games, was fun but I hated the whole coin thing.

First templar.

Now this game was a positive surprise. Got it from bundlestars as part of one of those b-game bundles. To sum it it up, First Templar is an action-adventure. You will quite soon notice that this game was made with very modest budget. So it is somewhat rough around edges, but yet fun to play. Despite the obvious flaws (voice acting, linear levels etc) the game has some odd charm which kept me playing it all the way to the end.

For me the highlight was the combat system. It is responsive and well designed. Not the most complex thing out there, but quite enjoyable for this kind of action-adventure. During the game you also earn experience to unlock new skills and abilities for your characters.

The game is set in the begining of the 14th century, the Crusades are coming to an end. Acre, in Palestine, the last Christian city in the Holy Land is under siege and about to fall into Mamluk hands. The game's story starts in Cyprys where Celian and Roland, two Templar knights have just arrived in order to talk to the Templar Grandmaster seeking advice in their quest for the Holy Grail.

By the way the the single player campaign can also be played cooperatively with the gf or wife for example. :)

Saw a video of Saints Row IV and picked this one from Steam. How did I miss this? After playing a few horribly serious games, this is incredibly, incredibly stupid and enjoyable.
Like the developers realized: Most video games have shitty stories so why not at least make fun of it? Really good impression so far( even if it somewhat feels like low budget GTA on the technical side).

Back
Top Bottom