The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Most of us will be out the next 2 weeks, so don't worry about that. Hope your surgery goes well. Oh, what is it we can use again to purchase a TR heart besides TP's, I forget as usual!! :)

Another patch tomorrow (Thursday) morning, 9:30am-1pm , US ET (GMT-4). To fix some quest/raid bugs.

Most of us will be out the next 2 weeks, so don't worry about that. Hope your surgery goes well. Oh, what is it we can use again to purchase a TR heart besides TP's, I forget as usual!! :)

Tokens of the Twelve. Takes 20. More DA runs ;)

CHEST RANSACK: (from wiki)
"Due to the way the ransack mechanic works, if you close and re-open a chest, it shows you the message you would get from your next looting, not the current one. So if you get no message on your first opening, but re-opening it gives you a ransack warning, you know you just got your 8th and last set of normal loot this period and your next run will be penalized unless you wait the timer out. This is an easy way to know if you will soon be ransacked without keeping track."

I did not know this.

Updates my pretties!

We have some new blood joining the craziness. New-to-DDO level new blood. To accommodate this new player, we're going to pull a bit of a fast one and do a switcheroo. The group that we were bringing around to be alts will now become the Friday mains. That's right folks, the new 5's are going to be primary. It would be nice if everyone kept a toon available in the low 20's because I do still intend to run the current toons (which made lvl22 last night) all the way to 30. That will just be done on an alt basis.

As you position your 5's, here's the plan which means you should avoid this content as you get to lvl5. Any lvl3 content is fair game except for:
Waterworks
STK (ick)
Tangles

Did everyone determine what their new toon would be?

I'm crushed, BTW. I've been planning a light pick swashy bard since the enhancement tree came out. Did you know there's exactly zero named light picks in the game? ToEE, Greensteel, Thunderforged, and loot gen. That's it. What a crock. I guess I'm stuck with rapiers or shortswords since I've taken a piercing feat already.

Hmmm.... My regular toon is still only level 20 since I didn't play yesterday, so I'm 2 levels behind now. I've managed to get my TR'd alt to level 3, but it's a LONG way to 5 especially since I'm not a VIP, so I have to run on Hard. I'll try to get there, but it won't be by next Friday!!

If you have purchased the Ravenloft expansion you run the first quest "Into the Mist" at heroic Level (around 10). On the way to the village after the quest you get to an NPC giving Barovian weapons (Level 10) or Morninglord weapons (Level 29). All weapon types except clubs can be picked.

So you can get a level 10 light pick with the following stats:
Barovian (Each weapon type except club): 1.5[W], +5 Enhancement bonus, Undead Bane 3d10, Holy 3d6, Fiery 3d6, Silver, Red Augment Slot

At level 29 you can get:
Morninglord's (Each weapon type except club): One Handed: 5[W+2], Two-Handed: 5[W+4], +15 Enhancement bonus, Undead Bane 9d10, Holy 9d6, Fiery 9d6, Silver, Red Augment Slot

Those are excellent weapons. The level 10 weapons is probably the one you will pick and is useful for quite a few levels. You can craft a level 22 thunderforged weapon which will give you metalline ++. It's unbound so it can be crafted by a different toon and forwarded.

Greensteel weapons aren't so bad either.

Corwin, my new toon is Level 2. Send me a tell on who ever I am on and will see if can run with you.

Intimidate bugged

FYI, apparently Intimidate is currently bugged:
I posted a bug, but wanted to know if anyone else has this problem, and if someone has a workaround.

This is happening to my TR character, but I also created a new character and the problem is still the same: When I login and start a quest, Intimidate is working normally for a few minutes / usages. After a few usages (always 6), it no longer works - it's not failing the roll, it doesn't even roll. The animation for intimidate is executed, but no roll nor fail/success message appears.
Even trying to intimidate monsters that are usually immune (for example, spiders), doesn't show the "cannot be influenced" message.

After relogging inside a quest, intimidate works for 6 more usages - as if it was using charges, then it stops working again. Shrining doesn't work; only relogging.

I don't use Autoattack; I tried using different hotbars too, and either clicking using a number or using the mouse.

Devs have apparently tracked it down & it may be fixed in next patch. See forum page (Intimidate Bugged) for details.

Another update

Give time to update before tomorrow. Didn't take long for me, maybe 3-5 minutes.

Release notes are here: Update 37 patch 2 release notes

The most interesting item:

Flagging for Litany of the Dead has been updated! When talking to Sir Rohine in order to turn Sigil Fragments in, players can now trade their copy of a completed Sigil for a new Fused Sigil. This allows players to use the Fused Sigil instead of the eight separate Sigil fragments to enter Litany of the Dead on subsequent lives. Fused Sigils are Bound to Character. Players currently flagged for Litany of the Dead will need to True Reincarnate and turn in a completed Sigil in order to get this new item.

Preview on Ye Olde Big Book:
Depths chain
Take 7 (pretty sure everyone will have it)
Carnival
House K bar quests
Deleras

It is my sad duty to report that our beloved colleague and friend Aletys has passed away last Thursday. Wyrdweb emailed me yesterday just before I went out for the day with the news. I feel devastated as I've known her a long time and she Wyrd and myself worked together for a few years on the U6 Project. May she rest in peace. :(

We are all heart sick over this. My prayers go out to her family. She was so special.

There was an update Wed...is a slightly long one so log in ahead of time to grab it.

Since this past friday evening's assignment was clearly meant to piss me off, and make it clear I am not welcome in the friday group any longer, I will accommodate your wishes. I will no longer join you on fridays. Take care, have fun, and don't worry, I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

Code:
Greetings!

Our first year as Standing Stone Games is behind us, and we want to thank our fans for being part of a wonderful year. We feel truly fortunate to have wonderful players, and we are excited for the upcoming year. I wanted to take some time to talk about our plans for the upcoming months. The reason we are here is because YOU are here, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Update 38 will arrive this Spring, and will return adventurers to Eberron. The magic that has long protected Stormreach is failing, and a strange plague is sweeping through the city. You'll join forces with the healers of House Jorasco to find a cure and save your adopted home. This new adventure pack will be level 14 on Heroic difficulty, and level 31 on Legendary difficulty. Part of this work will allow us to tweak House Jorasco as well, to help players get around the space.

We will also be doing a bit of work on the Anniversary Event, including some new event rewards, as we celebrate DDO's 12th year! We will have a special gift for players as well, but do not want to spoil the surprise.

One of the things we have long heard from you about is the desire to have a third Artificer Enhancement tree, and we're pleased to be able to say that the Renegade Mastermaker will be coming in the near future. This tree will focus on improving your Repair spells, Curative Admixtures, personal Defense, and building things to buff both yourself and your allies. We also intend to add a third Favored Soul tree, update the Cleric Warpriest, and do extensive work on the Druid class. For Druid, we will be working on the core of the class, its animal forms, and both of its existing enhancement trees in addition to a brand new enhancement tree.

Another thing we have long wanted to do is update our Treasure of Crystal Cove event, and we intend to start doing that work in the coming months by updating the reward list. Speaking of events, we have plans for Night Revels to update the public space to work similar to the Challenge system its dungeons use, and add a new dungeon for our favorite Halloween event. October is historically one of our biggest months, and we think you'll love what we have in store.

Next, we are pleased to announce our next classic adventure! An eccentric wizard has hidden three famous Sentient weapons inside of a volcano, and challenged all comers to try to retrieve them. Can you make it through fiendish obstacles and deadly traps? Have you guessed the pack yet? It's White Plume Mountain, a classic 1979 dungeon that was also recently brought to 5th Edition in the Tales from the Yawning Portal book. We'll be giving this intense test of skill the DDO treatment later this summer in an adventure pack that will also feature several other stand-alone dungeons themed around wizards and their arcane environments.

We are happy with the feedback we received about Sentient Weapons with the release of Mists of Ravenloft, and plan to continue to support that system in 2018. In addition to the Sentient Weapons available in White Plume Mountain, we intend to add a Kobold-themed Sentient Jewel for our 12th Anniversary, and create a Dragon-themed jewel for an as-yet unannounced release date.

We have another big announcement to make later this year, but we're not ready to hint about that news yet, sorry. Stay tuned soon for an announcement about an adventure that has been on many of our players' wish lists for years. We can't wait to tell you about it!

On behalf of everyone on the Dungeons & Dragons Online team, we thank you for your support. We've been humbled by the response to the Mists of Ravenloft, and we look forward to continuing our amazing tabletop-to-screen journey with you in 2018 and beyond!

Sev~

TLDR: Third Enhancement for Artificers, Druids, and Favored Souls, rework of Warpriest (Cleric and FvS). Arty 3rd Tree, Renegade Mastermaker, is repair/defense/buff focused from description. White Plume Mountain PnP module ported in, updated Cove and Night Revels, new Anniversary gift. Another asked for adventure is planned, unnamed. Pool of Radiance? Next pack is 14/31 House J quest, with a reworked House J.

Since this past friday evening's assignment was clearly meant to piss me off, and make it clear I am not welcome in the friday group any longer, I will accommodate your wishes. I will no longer join you on fridays. Take care, have fun, and don't worry, I won't let the door hit me on the way out.
Since I made the split, I can state with 100% certainty that the groupings were not made to upset anyone, let alone send any veiled messages. Truth be told, my primary goal outside of getting viable parties was to get Wyrd running with different people from the previous week to vary her experience. Evidently there was a lot of friction which I did not anticipate. That's fairly easy to fix in the future if need be, so I don't see any necessity for bailing.

You can do as you see fit, but your rationale is just plain wrong. Hope you give it a WOOSAH and reconsider.

Since it's clear it wasn't intentional, then I have reconsidered. Just keep in mind, Y'all know how he is.

Back
Top Bottom