Kickstarter - Two Guys From Andromeda SpaceVenture (aka creators of Space Quest)

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
That title was all the info I needed, but if you need some more on this project then head on over to the kickstarter page.

For those of you who may have never played Space Quest it's one of the best adventure games I've played. It ranks up there with Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry and the quasi-RPG/adventure game Quest for Glory. You're a space janitor who needs to save the universe from various bad guys. I did a Let's Play of Space Quest one a while back.

Did I mention that Gary Owens is going to be the narrator again? I love that guy. He was great in SQ4 and SQ6 not to mention Laugh In (a little before my time, but I loved the reruns).

Here's a bit of info from the guys themselves:

Scott and Mark will have their hands all over this project with final say on everything, including how much cheese and Orat meat goes in the crust. What this means, people, is that no aspect of this game will come into being without the personal, crusty-eyed, occasionally salivating and barely comprehensible approval of The Two Guys from Andromeda. This is YOUR guarantee, for you fans and friends, that everything you are about to see is ultimately the work of The Two Guys.

Before we go any further, lets make clear one major question. What platforms are we working to make the game run on? Scan this list:

PC
Mac
Linux
iPad
Android Tablets

All of those platforms, from day one of the release!

In doing this, it allows us to hire top tier game developers - all big Space Quest and adventure game fans, of course - to help make this a reality. Having fan-developers means we'll get the best possible results because of the passion they also carry for our style of the genre. This model helps keep costs down on overhead like office space, so more goes into the game.It also allows us to partner with people in quite literally different parts of the world!

BUT, with all of this we will need YOUR help! In order to make this dream a reality, we are asking our fans and friends to contribute through our Kickstarter campaign and to help us to once again do what is a serious passion we have never lost, and what drives us to make the very best games we can, games you've asked for. Not only do we have some of the top game developers available, we are also pulling in some of the top voice over talent as well! We take multimedia seriously, if nothing else. For voice talent we know you want the one and only narrator, the man with the golden pipes, Gary Owens. Done! But take a look at, along with Gary, a few of the others already on board to voice our characters.

Gary Owens
- Narrator from SQ4 and SQ6, voice of Space Ghost, Laugh-in, and many many others in a long and distinguished career.
Rob Paulsen - Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, Yakko from Animaniacs, Raphael the Ninja Turtle, and multiple characters from Monkey Island among many other characters he has voiced.
Robert Clotworthy – Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2, Senator Evran & Supreme Chancellor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Narrator of The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens series, Big Bang Theory, etc.
Ellen McLain - GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2, Overwatch from Half-Life 2, Administrator from Team Fortress 2, Witch from Left for Dead 2 and many more.
John Patrick Lowrie - Sniper from Team Fortress 2, Sword Control from Halo Reach, Citizens from Half-Life 2 and author of Dancing with Eternity.

We fully intend to bring back every element that you guys loved from our original games! You’ve been very clear and concise as to what you enjoyed from our previous efforts. Here’s a short list of things you can expect if our project gets funded:

-A Sci-fi adventure from Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe working happily together as a team once again.
-Hilarious death sequences
-Tons of the fresh (and moldy) pop-culture references
-Fun and unique humor
-Art design and direction by Mark
-Dialog that will make you blow nostril Tang, written by Scott along with Mark
-Narration of all this by Gary Owens and the voice acting of other characters by the above mentioned quality industry voice talent
-Game music that will hopefully give you chills and wedge in your main orb for the rest of your natural Earth life and make you wish you lived inside your computer!
-A game that you will feel comfortable playing with your children, but with some entertainment that will safely appeal only to the adult psyche.

So head on over if you want to help fund them.

Very cool! I have fond memories of the Space Quest series.

The reward chart they have is very handy too - hopefully more Kickstarters will do that.

Very cool! I have fond memories of the Space Quest series.

The reward chart they have is very handy too - hopefully more Kickstarters will do that.

ahh, the XXX Quest games. I played them all up to like 1992 (didn't play the very last ones of each series that came after that I don't think). It got to a point where I would get to a new screen, looked at it and already knew what I had to do :)

Unfortunately, it seems that the Kickstarter funding isn't going that well. I actually expected it to do much better but at the current rate of less than $10k per day, if it were to remain like this, it wouldn't reach its goal. So the typical final push at the end will probably be the decisive factor.

This is just too bad since I really hoped for generous amounts of funding so that we can have the best SpaceVenture as possible.

You guys should seriously consider donating to this project! The Two Guys are putting a lot of heart and effort into it, and it should be a really great game, if it gets made. They did a live chat where they talked about the old Sierra days, and showed off some old Space Quest artwork, as well as some new artwork from SpaceVenture. They also do a regular podcast, which often features members of he Space Quest fan community :) If you like adventure games, scifi, or gold old parody, then you should really take a look at this :).

I'm shocked this isn't doing better to be honest. Space Quest was hilarious, and this idea of theirs sounds great. I'd love to see this game get made!

Hey guys, the Two Guys are doing a live chat and commentary on Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers! It's happening now! http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys Join us, and chat with the Two Guys as we discuss this great game :)

Looks like they a little over 2/3 of the way there. I'd missed this one. Given how much fun I had with Space Quest growing up, I probably should donate just on that!

I played all of the quest series from Sierra but this one for some reason. So Im donating because I'd like a chance to play something similar..and I havent played an adventure game since the longest journey.

They're still quite a bit off. A real shame if this project doesn't happen.

That would be a shame, but it feels like the pace has picked up. I've been watching it once or twice a day and the average amount per day seems to be going up a bit. I feel that if they can get to 400-420k with 2-3 days left they may see a spike in contributions like many other projects. People seeing...oh it's almost there, why not give a few more bucks to see it happen...and those waiting till the last minute to see if its worth pledging.

Anyway, I'm hoping they'll make it.

Let me drop this info Bomb on you guys!

I just wanted to give a shout-out to the amazing Space Quest fans that put together this little one-room adventure game in loving support of the Two guys (creators of space quest of course!) and their Space Venture Kickstarter!

http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/page/index.html/_/news/fans-release-pledge-quest-to-support-r41
Also: Have you gotten a look at the stars of the show: Meet Ace Hardway, His faithful robotic Toolbox Dog Rooter & Cluck Y'Egger!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/169221/posts/241065/image-123180-full.jpg?1338933652
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d92HS_4Vp-oCluck Y'EGGER SPEAKS!

Also for your convenience the two guys have Created an Official Inventory VIEWER so you can see what your rewards may or may not be depending on your wallet!:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/169221/posts/241404/image-124126-full.jpg?1339160210

Want to know what the hell Ken Williams has been up to and hear him reminisce about the good ol' Days of Compuserve and the Imagination Network? OH YEAH YOU DO:http://guysfromandromeda.com/ken-williams-joins-chris-pope-live-interview-6812/

Oh look! A Video interview with Ellen GLaDOS herself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ndC1f47YQ
THIS is a BIG Item folks: Introducing the official Two Guys from Andromeda REDDIT AMA!!! This was a good one with lots of info to be gleaned for what to expect from this SpaceVenture:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/upxvi/iam_we_are_guys_from_andromeda_scott_murphy_and/

Her husband joins the fray too! (also a voice actor for this space gig):http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys/b/320792121
Did I miss anything? I hope this whets your appetite, shows you how ridiculously hardworking and imaginative these guys have been and makes you want to pledge or up that pledge!

My guess was pretty much spot on this far (416k with 3 days to go). I think its looking much better than it was less than a week ago... I really hope I'm right and that like other projects the backing will gain even more momentum on the last days.

We have seen a noticeable increase in pledges in the last few days and things are looking better and we might actually make it.

But we are not there yet so it is too early to call victory. With just 3 days left, NOW is the time to pledge as every little contribution counts.

For those who haven't pledged yet and who enjoy good old (comedy) adventure games, with lots of humour including Sci-Fi parodies, ……well you can make a real difference and put a big happy smile on all adventure fans :biggrin: and most importantly help revive the Adventure Game genre.

Here is a summary of what SpaceVenture is about: Link

Last edited:
32 hours to go, 31k more needed. It'll be close!

C'mon guys :) This kickstarter is almsot over, and we are so close! Support Classic gaming! We can't let it get this close to the goal, and fail :) Remember that just $15 gets you the full game, which is a lot less than most new games in the store. tgakick.com

I'm thinking that, like the Tex Murphy guys, these people have some money of their own on the side to support the project. What's to keep them from "pledging" the last $15k themselves? It's probably against the rules, but if they're so close… they could have a friend do it. ;)

it's already funded, $509k out of $500k and 18 hours to go yet

Awesome, it got funded. Let's hope it turns out well.

Back
Top Bottom