Planescape: Torment - Countdown to EE?

This is great news. PS:T is definitely in need of a EE. Hopefully Beamdog will also find a way to give IWD 2 the same treatment.

C7x2QcYXwAI59TM.jpg

C7x2RBXXkAE_EPw.jpg

Don't now, if PsT is really in need of an EE. All you need and that exists sums up to the widescreen mod plus Ghostdog's UI mod, and finally Qwinn's three mod packs (1 = bugfixes / 2 = restored content / 3= modifications, enhancements & cheats). Not that complicated and very customizable.

Most important thing IMHO, Beamdog should not try to expand that game with any new content on their own. Neither the BGEEs nor SoD gained from their story enhancements, and unfortunately these are not optional. Last but not least I didn't like their UI overhauls.

Most important thing IMHO, Beamdog should not try to expand that game with any new content on their own. Neither the BGEEs nor SoD gained from their story enhancements, and unfortunately these are not optional. Last but not least I didn't like their UI overhauls.

This, although I was fine with the UI. In some cases, the writing fit in OK, but in others it was inferior. And, really, I agree their additions didn't add anything of great value overall. Planescape, in particular, is a game I think you just shouldn't mess with. Best to let that sleeping dog lie.

The additional story bits didn't hurt the BG games. I don't think Beamdog would be foolish enough to mess with the story elements in PS:T.

I welcome an EE version for the visual update, mainly the zoom feature. The widescreen mod was fine back in the day, but with the higher resolutions people are using today, it makes the characters far too small for my taste.

The widescreen mod was fine back in the day, but with the higher resolutions people are using today, it makes the characters far too small for my taste.

Use a res in the same aspect but lower than your desktop to maintain usability. I do this with most older games to avoid tiny UI.

I'm up for anything they want to add at all, as long as the original content is still all there. While some may not care as much for the new characters, I think it's cool that they create content for ancient CRPGs. At the very least, a second or third playthrough through the game can be used to explore the Beamdog-created characters. :)

Really hope they get around to IWD2:EE sometime. I heard they want to and last I heard they were trying to figure it out because it's a little trickier to do. Guess it's related to the game using D&D 3.5 or what not.

Best p4p setting to cunningly inject liberal ideologies in ! What a great opportunity !

This is great news. PS:T is definitely in need of a EE.
Seriously? Since when masterpieces need others' fingers on it?

Ah yeah…

mona-lisa-panic.jpg

Out of all classic RPG this one is probably least in need of an EE.

EE are only there to capitalize on other people's successes and to ride the nostalgia wave. Like KS "successors" but even worse. EE are quick, sloppy, low-effort money schemes for profit, they are pointless for gaming and carry no meaningful substance.

There have been terrific mods out there already which do a much better job in invigorating RPG classics!

Yeah? Well count me in the camp that wants to see more Enhanced Editions of classic CRPGs. I greatly enjoyed the EE's released so far. :)

I'd be more thrilled by a modern remake than a technical overhaul that in many parts is already based on previous modding efforts.

While a modern remake would likely be popular with others, I have a soft spot for the looks of these older RPGs, especially the Infinity Engine games. I imagine a modern remake would look, well, too modern, and I personally prefer the old-school 2D isometric looks.

Then why haven't you just replayed the classics? Over and over, with mods? Do you feel invigorated by having to pay money for some fake shit "editions"? Does a piggy that wriggles in the mud feel bliss?

Yeah? Well count me in the camp that wants to see more Enhanced Editions of classic CRPGs. I greatly enjoyed the EE's released so far. :)

You're a good guy Fluent honestly but everyone knows your standards and expectations cannot sink any lower. And your customer naivety is stuff of legend.

I'm fine with people thinking that. I am blessed with being able to enjoy all sorts of different things and experiences. I don't see the point of limiting yourself or setting too high (to me) expectations and standards. I'd rather enjoy what I'm doing, not hate it or talk shit about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom