CD Projekt RED - New Division For Cyberpunk

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
CD Projekt RED has announced a new division to help it on Cyberpunk 2077 called CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław which is based in Poland.

CD PROJEKT RED, developers of Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher and GWENT, to open a new division — CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław.

Located in the city of Wrocław, south-western Poland, the new studio will join forces with CD PROJEKT RED Warsaw and Cracow, and bolster development of Cyberpunk 2077 — the upcoming futuristic AAA role-playing game.

“Wrocław is one of the biggest and most technologically advanced cities in Poland and a playing field for serious creative talent. I think the scope of our current and future projects, as well as the overall package we’re bringing in, will pull in people who were hesitant to move to Warsaw or Cracow.” — says Adam Kiciński, President and Joint CEO, CD PROJEKT Capital Group. “The founding dev team of CDPR Wrocław is already pretty stellar, but I still can’t wait to see what talents we’ll discover in new people along the way.” — Kiciński adds.

Consisting of 18 talented industry veterans, Wrocław-based developer, Strange New Things, will form the core of the new studio.

“We’re pretty hyped to be on the spearhead of this new office.” — says Paweł Zawodny, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław. “We know Wrocław inside out and it’s an amazing place to make games. The team is strong, and I’m sure we have both the experience and the creative firepower to make Cyberpunk 2077 an even better game.” — Zawodny adds.

“Aside from their immense technological knowledge and artistic flair, the core team of CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław are just great people.” — says Adam Badowski, Game Director for Cyberpunk 2077 and Head of CD PROJEKT RED. “CD PROJEKT RED is not a typical game developer — we put gamers, creative freedom and quality games above making business. These guys not only share this approach, but, much like the rest of the team, think that this attitude is essential to creating epic video games.” — Badowski adds.

—-

Interested in becoming an integral team member of CD PROJEKT RED Wrocław and working with a tight-knit group of professionals on games like CYBERPUNK 2077? Don’t wait a moment longer — write to us at wroclaw@cdprojektred.com
More information.

Unless "development support" actually translates to "bug testing," I presume this game is still several months away.

You could be on the right track. It's 18 people and if the game is as they promised much bigger than TW3, that needs some serious timeconsuming bugging/testing it.

Pretty odd situation. Unless I'm wrong, these guys left the big studios to do their own thing, smaller projects.
They worked on Dying Light, Call of Suarez, Hitman (2016), etc.
On good side, CDPR seems to be in full gear for this, E3 this year reveal is very likely.

Unless "development support" actually translates to "bug testing," I presume this game is still several months away.

Months? I don't think I've seen anyone seriously predicting it'll come out this year, and that even any time in 2019 would be only-if-we're-super-lucky levels of early.

If you mean "pro" sites then you're right, noone predicted it.

If you ask me however, this year would be perfect. We need something on PC that can kick this year's "most exciting" console exclusive RDR2 in the groin and be used as PC audience's spokesman as Rockstar is ignoring us for decades.
Okay, I need it. Maybe noone else does, but I do. I need every single "irrelevant" PC only tech implemented in a game - persuading my neighbor to sell PS4 already by showing him PC version of FF15 was easy. It would have been even easier if FF15 wasn't so grindy, but CP should correct that sin.

Oh thanks @ChaosTheory;. I was kinda hoping to sleep tonight, you know...
;)

Oh, so like BioWare Montreal when they needed help with Andromeda.

Nah, they said quite some time ago they have enough people already covered for it. Companies are always hiring and they've stated they want to branch into more projects.
On the flipside, from recent conference they mentioned a few things:

character creation and lack of predefined character confirmed

multiple classes/roles confirmed

they again made it clear that CP is not going to contain any microtransactions or other stuff like that, you pay for the game once and that's it

Cyberpunk is very technologically advanced and developed in such a way to be ready to take advantage out of future hardware/generations, but regarding next gen consoles, they can only speculate, since none of them were announced yet

regarding multiplayer, Adam stated that their first priority is to deliver great single player experience with amazing narrative, but at some point they might deliver some online features.

also he added that as opposed to The Witcher, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions

( this from Shavod/reddit user)

Nah, they said quite some time ago they have enough people already covered for it. Companies are always hiring and they've stated they want to branch into more projects.
On the flipside, from recent conference they mentioned a few things:

character creation and lack of predefined character confirmed

multiple classes/roles confirmed

they again made it clear that CP is not going to contain any microtransactions or other stuff like that, you pay for the game once and that's it

Cyberpunk is very technologically advanced and developed in such a way to be ready to take advantage out of future hardware/generations, but regarding next gen consoles, they can only speculate, since none of them were announced yet

regarding multiplayer, Adam stated that their first priority is to deliver great single player experience with amazing narrative, but at some point they might deliver some online features.

also he added that as opposed to The Witcher, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions

( this from Shavod/reddit user)

I'm looking forward to the game, probably more than any other project on the horizon right now. My BW Montreal comment was meant to get folks riled up. ;) Messin' around.

We get it, us in Canada have to live with the shame of what is now Bioware/EA/Origin Axis of Evil, those in the US have Trump. Opinions vary on which plague is worse!!

Back
Top Bottom