Elex Elex First Impressions

Prey was good. It could use a few tweaks to cut down on the respawns. I didn't play Elex so no comment but in Silver Coins defense not everyone likes every game and I personally haven't loved the PB games which is why Elex is a game I haven't but might one day try.

Prey needed fewer neuromods, a lightsaber, an assault rifle and a sniper rifle :)

Most of all, though, I disliked the art style and 60s inspired setting.

Other than that, it was utterly fantastic.

Prey needed fewer neuromods, a lightsaber, an assault rifle and a sniper rifle :)

Most of all, though, I disliked the art style and 60s inspired setting.

Other than that, it was utterly fantastic.

I agree completely about the neuromods. I probably had close to 20 by the end of the game that I didn't even use. Other than that, the game was close to perfection for me.

The art style didn't bother me, although I guess I can understand why some wouldn't care for it.

The only real downer for me was the ending. I didn't like it at all. However, I'm not one of those people that really cares too much about a few minutes of cutscenes after the game is complete, and it tends not to affect my overall opinion of a game.

Elex was also my second favorite game last year. I played as a Berserker so the balance wasn't too bad at the end but I was still crushing most encounters. That was fine because I spent a lot of time raising my stats and getting the best armor and weapons.

I will have to do a replay and try the clerics.

So what was your favorite? :)

Prey and Elex were my top 2. I think Prey is objectively superior in almost every aspect, but I enjoyed them equally.

I still haven't played Original Sin 2, but I wasn't exactly blown away by the first game. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for that style of game when I played it, but I found it too slow-paced and grindy.

You're right. It was a rhetorical question anyways. I already knew his answer was going to be dishonest.

My subjective experience isn't dishonest. You sound like a fanboy.

So what was your favorite? :)

Prey and Elex were my top 2. I think Prey is objectively superior in almost every aspect, but I enjoyed them equally.

I still haven't played Original Sin 2, but I wasn't exactly blown away by the first game. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for that style of game when I played it, but I found it too slow-paced and grindy.

My favorite game last year was Battle Brothers. For me, it is almost the perfect game. If it had mod support and if you could lvl your leader, like in the HoMM series, it would be perfect. Open world games are my favorite and stories tend to bore me after awhile because how many computer games measure up to a good book? :)

Elex beat out Original Sin 2 for 2nd place. I was not a huge fan of the first OS but OS2 was way more enjoyable for me. The story did not bore me and they kept the corny humor down somewhat.

BTW I have 850 hours played in Battle Brothers which kinda scares me.

I will have to check out Prey.

My subjective experience isn't dishonest. You sound like a fanboy.

That would be a fair statement if I didn't think you were lying. I'm pretty sure you are though.

From previous discussions with you, I get a strong impression that you've barely played Elex or possibly not played it at all. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think that I am.

That and the fact that you've been dishonest on these forums in the past.

My favorite game last year was Battle Brothers. For me, it is almost the perfect game. If it had mod support and if you could lvl your leader, like in the HoMM series, it would be perfect. Open world games are my favorite and stories tend to bore me after awhile because how many computer games measure up to a good book? :)

Elex beat out Original Sin 2 for 2nd place. I was not a huge fan of the first OS but OS2 was way more enjoyable for me. The story did not bore me and they kept the corny humor down somewhat.

I don't think I've ever come close to putting that much time into one game. :)

I'll have to check out Battle Brothers some time. You should definitely play Prey. I'm not sure if immersive sims are your thing, but Prey is one of the best.

I didn't acquire Elex until this year, as of now it would be my second favourite currently of this annum, right behind Cold Steel the second. That might change as the year progresses!!

I should give battle brothers I try. I purchased it last year but haven't played. Right now I'm playing for the king and banner saga 3 but I suspect battle brothers will be more interesting than for the king.

Battle Brothers is pretty brilliant, it has a rather harsh learning curve but once you get the feel of your troops and how terrain factors in, it is quite the enjoyable ride. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it. (no pun intended!)

I don't know how I missed Elex when it first came out. I'm just two hours in but sense I am going to really like it. Sci-fi skyrim. There's almost something comforting about a game that begins by killing a few rats and filling my bag with everything just in case it comes in handy later.

It's much harder than Skyrim though, especially the first 20 hours, but well worth it in my opinion. An excellent game.

Personally, I think it's weaker than most of the PB games - but it's still worth playing.

Probably going to do a replay as I sided with the clerics last time. Hope PB gives out more details about part two as we already know they are working on a sequel already.

I'm keen to hear about the sequel.

I think Elex suffered rather significantly in terms of the power curve balance.

I'm keen to hear about the sequel.

I think Elex suffered rather significantly in terms of the power curve balance.
I think that's because many people here tend to overdo the exploration. If you simply invest in combat skills after levelling up in golliet, I believe the power curve would be much smoother.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think that's because many people here tend to overdo the exploration. If you simply invest in combat skills after levelling up in golliet, I believe the power curve would be much smoother.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I actually replayed it recently - trying to go Berserker - and it was great fun until the power curve became too obvious.

Certainly, it's a matter of taste. But I found the game feeling way, way too artificial in terms of the encounter barriers.

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but I seem to recall the old Gothics being a lot more organic in terms of challenge.

Elex felt unusually artificial in terms of gating exploration.

I guess it's just not sitting well with me.

Same design calls for same issues.

Gating exploration is a sure way to extend a product length. A core reason that caused people to move from it years ago.

Back
Top Bottom