Arcania - New Trailers

The character model looks nice, but you'd think, as long as this game's been in developement, that they would have more to show by now.

Looks good, especially around the seashore.

Looks great, really nice animations. But yes, it's not a good sign that they still, after 3 years of development, only can show us the graphics engine (though it IS a nice engine for an open world game like this...)

Graphics are great, but to be honest it doesn't feel like Gothic to me.

So I have something positive to say...

That looks much better than it did. There's hope for it yet.

Back to being negative: That pop-out annoys me terribly.

Gotta say that looks alot better graphically then Risen does...this one could be great.

The colour palet seems to move a bit more to beige tones, where the Gothics and risen are more green.

Some of it reminded me of the holy land in Assassin's Creed 1.

So I have something positive to say…
Back to being negative: That pop-out annoys me terribly.

Yeah, at the 40 second mark I even saw some Bushes pop-off.

And just before the 2 minute mark I again saw some leaves pop-off the trees and bushes.

I was playing Drakensang and there you often get a hole where the leaves are if a tree is between the camera and your group. Is this popping-off the same thing?

I guess it's something they have to implement with a third person game, but then again the Witcher 2 footage shows none of that (although TW2 might not be an open world so they have less to process).

seems like they are showing off the same stuff they showed off a year and a half ago...

Looks surprisingly good. Now all we need is more information and some actual gameplay footage.

It's whet the appetite, but like some I can't help but wonder why they aren't showing more so close to the release date. By all means delay it, if you are going to do it *properly* ;-)

seems like they are showing off the same stuff they showed off a year and a half ago…

Funny thing is that they show less things now, at E3 a year ago they showed some actual gameplay. This looked like an empty world.

I guess it's something they have to implement with a third person game

It can't do much for the fps. If your squeezing every single hair of performance sure.

Perhaps its for maintaining fps... Any case they should, or better, have the option to not have it happen - if they at least don't improve it.

It does look nice , mostly the "sun shine" part of the video , it is the first time that i see a weather effect that feels like Mediterranean summer .
The model is cool and i love how his hands move as he turns although i would like to see some jumping animation .

Back
Top Bottom