Gothic 3 Conquering Trelis...Bug?!

Gorn

Watcher
Hello, im Liberating Myrtana and Trelis is the last orc settlement I have to defeat. I attack it with Tyler and Finley (and that paladin), and kill every living orc. Yet when im in the castle courtyard, I still hear music as if im being attacked. But everyone is dead. So what am I missing...Thx :)

Do you hear music everywhere inside Trelis, or just in one part? Also, does it stop when you leave the castle gates?

The music comes on only in the opposite side of the courtyard from the Paladin.
When I leave the castle the music stops.
:-/

Correction...The music plays everywhere in the courtyard.
Also, Finley and Tyler are Dead.

I would say that one got out of the gate over there by the smithy.
I ahve seen them run out due to bad AI tracking and they run alone the wall on the outside.
So he could be between you and that farm (one that actually paid rent) on the otherside of the wall.
Or what about under the castle in that tresure room or up above on the second level walkways around the courtyard?

Have you tried teleporting out or what is the paladin doing?

I attacked from a different gate this time, just incase any orc escaped. Killed everyone. Checked every corner of the castle and outside the castle. Still Nothin. I killed the orcs near the nearby temple. Still nothing. I teleported to Gotha one time, slept, came back, and still the same problem. I must of tried liberating like 10 times allready.:'( :'( :'(

Oh and the paladin is just sitting around.

Bummer.
What version are you playing?
Did you have a save game, then update and continue the same game?
If so it could cause some problems.

So are you getting the Successfull Freeing the Town, experience points and the Auto Retreat by the Orcs?

Could you try it without the help of the others and by yourself maybe with god mode on if necessary?

Check in the moat. Also, look around every inch of the castle (towers, too). Maybe there is somebody in the walls, or in the ground - it happens more often than it should!

Trelis has been Liberated!!!

Ok, here's what I did. Instead of fighting off all the orcs in one spot, ie the gate and the bridge, I just ran into the crowd swinging away like crazy. I figured if i'll be in the middle of the battle, then the chance of an orc getting lost or running away will be smaller. And before I knew it, they were retreating. Incidentally, the fire wave spell came in very VERY useful. I casted it 3 times and suddenly the screen was full of: 100Xp
100Xp
100Xp
100Xp
100Xp
...and so on...

Thanks to all who helped!!:) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom