What games are you playing now?

Many thanks for your reply Arkadia7. The open world sound promising, and they look like they put effort in allowing for the different gameplay styles.

It is currently available cheaply with season pass - but I guess I will wait until they fix the bugs (and it is a hefty 50GB game!).

Many thanks again.

Playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Loving almost everything about the game, unfortunately the 'almost' is critical, as what I don't like… no, make it what I hate about the game is the combat. I'm enjoying the game a lot until I have to fight something. So basically, this game would have been better for me if it was just an interactive movie.

Jumped from Torchlight 2 to Path of Exile again. Eventually, all of the cartoon stuff starts to wear on me in Torchlight. PoE eventually bores me because of the lack of inventory space while exploring. You find 4000 items/map and can carry 12. Really poor design. If you can only carry 12 items, keep the map to 20 items or less. Yes, I know you can portal back and forth, but that's what is tedious. Also, the lack of gold for buying/selling. Just dumb imo.

Had to abandon Expedition Vikings until they convince me that my saves won't poof, so now I'm exploring Two Worlds II. Feels really weird using a controller to play a first person game, but learning as I go along. I've only played about five hours so far, having fun exploring some islands and beating the snot outta some creepy things along the way.

Playing around with a few games while I'm waiting for Prey to be released.

Checked out Albion Online again, after I'd completely forgotten about it. For some reason, I bought this a while ago because someone mentioned it would be like a modern Ultima Online. Well, it certainly didn't seem so at first - but after playing it recently and reading up on it, it's actually pretty interesting.

Seems like a modern cross between Ultima Online and Eve Online - only with a very WoW'ish art direction. It's 100% cross-platform, meaning you can play on the same server with the same character on everything from an iPad to a fully fletched PC.

One would think the game suffers heavily from such a concession, but they've been pretty smart about it. It DOES look simple - but it has a pleasant art style regardless. They've also managed to make the UI functional without being overly simplistic.

So far, it has a ton of my favorite MMO features, including player driven economy, housing, tons of crafting, full-loot PvP, decent PvE content - and so on.

If you liked UO or EvE - I recommend checking it out.

I just started playing Prey ;)

I'm talking about the 2006 Prey. I've been wanting to replay it for awhile now, and I was able to purchase a Steam key from a 3rd-party site a few months ago. For some reason it's no longer sold on Steam or any of the mainstream game sellers.

I recall it being a fairly short game, so I should be able to finish it before Prey is released on Friday. I might not be able to play on Friday anyways depending on what time it launches.

I wonder if I can play the new prey on my laptop without terrible performance? Is it demanding? I've totally lost the thread on the state of the art...

I wonder if I can play the new prey on my laptop without terrible performance? Is it demanding? I've totally lost the thread on the state of the art…

I don't know yet, I'll let you know after playing the game when it's out on friday.

It's based on CryEngine - so it shouldn't have as much trouble as Dishonored 2 had, but you never know - and "laptop" covers a lot of ground :)

I keep getting lured back into ESO. This time it'
s because I got a Morrowind Closed Beta invite.

Haha. I've got one of those too, but pretty sure it won't fit on my hard drive. They probably hate me. I'll have to do some scrubbing first, but with Prey on the horizon, not to mention Andromeda and many other unplayed others (or maybe not).... really?

I finished my first playthrough of Dishonored 2 on PS4 yesterday, now I feel a little melancholic. You know, the feeling you have after you finished a book you liked or a game you played, knowing you will never be able to play/read it again for the first time.

I did my first run as Emily, low chaos, specializing on Far Reach and some of the passives only as far as runes go. Because I didn't trust the controller controls (;p) I played on easy for my first time. Well, yes, it was easy. I managed to stay out of sight most of the time and I even managed to finish a single level without killing someone, though not killing enemies was rather difficult due to a lack of non-lethal ammo, and my Far Reach misfired sometimes (I mean, I smashed people against door frames and the like, killing them by accident in the process). I suspect that while killing people collaterally (by, for example, using them as shields or as a side effect from blinding a robot) counted against my death toll, it somehow didn't affect the chaos counter.

Now I'm playing as Corvo, on medium difficulty. I'm trying to kill every single combatant. Generating a high chaos level is pretty easy this far :p, especially since I invested in teleport and rat rune skills only.
Oh, I really like how the player monologues change depending on the way I play.

Might and Magic III. Only just started - literally just rolled some characters and wandered around the town a bit. I only fired it up out of curiosity (I've only played MMX, so I'm not really familiar with the series). The graphics are nice and crisp and I'm enjoying it, so I might stick with it.

I'm also still making my way slowly through Alien Isolation, which is scaring the crap out of me. I seem to spend most of my time hiding inefectually in cupboards and then getting killed a lot. And jumping when I get killed. I am utterly useless at stealth games. :) Loving the slow, dark atmosphere on this one.

Might and Magic three is still awesome, to this very day. I fire that one up for a complete play through usually once every year or two, along with a few of the others.

I'm also still making my way slowly through Alien Isolation, which is scaring the crap out of me. I seem to spend most of my time hiding inefectually in cupboards and then getting killed a lot. And jumping when I get killed. I am utterly useless at stealth games. :) Loving the slow, dark atmosphere on this one.

I really enjoyed Alien Isolation. I'll definitely be replaying that one someday, and I'd love to see a sequel of some kind.

Which reminds me.. less than 2 weeks until the next Alien film is released. :excited:

Might and Magic three is still awesome, to this very day. I fire that one up for a complete play through usually once every year or two, along with a few of the others.

My favorite moment so far is that the gargoyle in the frame around the playing area waves wildly at you when you're near a secret door. The art for the blacksmith and trainer shops were great as well, loads of character. I'm looking forward to exploring it. I've gone with a party of a knight, a paladin, a ninja, a ranger, a sorcerer and a cleric. I wanted to take a druid but couldn't fit one in...

I really enjoyed Alien Isolation. I'll definitely be replaying that one someday, and I'd love to see a sequel of some kind.

Which reminds me.. less than 2 weeks until the next Alien film is released. :excited:

Yeah, its a great game. I love the fact that the alien is scary rather than bullet-fodder. I'm finding it really hard though - I started on normal, and then dropped down to easy... I might even suffer the shame of dropping to Novice before the end. The alien always seems to find me!

I'm not sure about the new film. I got excited about Prometheus, but it was terrible. I'm keeping expectations low this time in the hope of being pleasantly surprised!

I hated Prometheus as well Pongo - not too optimistic about Covenant either unfortunately. That said, your description and JDR's endorsement of Alien Isolation does make me more curious about that game. :)

I'm having my second run at Pillars of Eternity on Path of the Damned in order to experience the White March Part 2. The first time I tried this was on Trial of Iron last year, but I savagely kicked the bucket in the Ogre Cave after a bad strategic decision. :)

This time, I'm playing an Eothesian Priest (for rp reasons) to trial out the "dual buffing" possibilities with Durance. So far it's been a smooth but tough run to Raedric's Hold, all around level 5.
I also bought an npc Barbarian from Gilded Vale, but they are rather squishy compared to the steady tank qualities of Eder. I'll experiment more to get the most out of that class come meeting up with Maneha. I'm also intending to use Devil of Caroc and Zahua much more this play-through and will do their individual quests.

So aside from Fallout 4 - where I am already doing and finding things I hadn't done or found before - I had a hankering for Half-Life 2. So I started it again :)

Had a victory playing Arkham Horror via Tabletop Sim and then did some Spacehulk Ascension.

Back
Top Bottom