Once. Turn Based Strategy/RPG

Lainur2

Watcher
Hello all!
I am a great fan of old school Turn Based Strategy games, and I'm developing one.
It will combine everything I loved about those games with some new additions and improvements.
The game will have two modes.
There is a strategic campaign mode where the map is divided into many provinces or kingdoms and you rule one.
Rule, checkup, research new techs and upgrades, complete quests and go to war.
There is also a tactical battlefield mode where the whole map is the battlefield itself, where you are a general deploying your troops and leading them to victory!
Like all great TBS games, this game will flow at a measured pace where you can calmly plot your next moves without time pressure and strain. There will also be a hotseat mode, but it will be co-op where humans with together to defeat the AI.

Style: medieval fantasy with 2D pixel graphics adapted from different RPGmaker RTPs, to release for Windows.
Features:
- Multiple kingdoms/nations with differences in playstyle, abilities, leaders.
- Heroes with different skills, which have different influence on controlled squads.
- Squads level up and learn new abilities. They cannot be completely destroyed, so they can be deployed in more risky maneuvers in battle.
- Armies have different active and passive skills, battle maneuvers, and unique skills triggered by their combat experience.
- Dynamic terrain and weather systems will influence battle tactics and results.
- Different goals, ways to win and game styles for different nations.
- Events.
- Unique techs and upgrades for each nation.
- AI factions, cults, and tribes will also develop and may mature into fully independent nations that try to conquer and pillage.

That's all for now. I develop this game in my free time, which is hard to come by, but I will work on it as much as possible.
Watch the video and leave comments. I read them all, and value all your input and feedback, as well as ideas for more features to include.
Here is some trailer:

Youtube Channel. There are some videos, shows unit editing, AI, tactical battle , e.t.c
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCTXrGvvAWQCiJWOe58WjqQ

I'm in the beginning of development…

Global Map First Look

Hello. Work is on. Now i making global map mode. Because of abcenting UI, i can't make good video about this mode, so in a few words, global map:
GlobalMap.png

There are number of cities-states protected by forcefield from surrounded deadly lands of Mist. Although men don't die instanly in the mist, but it's not friendly space for all we call - life. Life in mist takes twisted and strange forms.
People can travel from one city-state to another by roads, guiding by mist-pathfinders.

You can see several carts between cities - these are trade caravans between states. There are also simple travelers or traveling parties who wonders from one state to another. And armies if they move or attacks.

Under the fields each city-state has some of earth-type land like mountains, forest, water, field e.t.c. Each territory divided by sectors.Their number depends on power of force field.

Mist is also divided for territories with it's own anomalies, monsters and authorities.

Hello again !
Work still going on, bit slower in all that New Year's rush..
111.png

Many work on game's inner structures, arrays, map structure were done. Many UIs and tonns of images i had to make.
Soon i want to make a small video, where i can view all possibilities and actions on global map.

Looks good bro, I'd be proud

Sounds like Heroes III, or is it more like 4X games?

Hi ! I think it's like Total War on global map with battle gameplay like heroes III e.t.c and with some map exploration mode for those who likes more peaceful gameplay .

Can we see some more 2D art?

What do you mean exactly ? You mean ingame screenshots or sketches/drawings ?

Like portraits in the upper left, or settlements in the upper right

Portraits in upperRight are randomly choosed from portraits images. I think to make them procedure generated or ask artist to draw, because i have very small base of faces, so they repeat often.
Settlements pictures are generate depending on landscape surrounds this settlement has. They must represent what kind of country it is.
So here are some, for example:

But also, if i'll find an artist, then maybe those images will be more artistic for each country.

Attachments

• 6.Bmp
    54 KB · Views: 0
They definitely will :D Theyre okay but are placeholders.. need some variety

Main thing, that they are done in some way and work, images can be redrawn any time :)
Meanwhile i just made general statistic, take a look :
111jpedf.jpg

https://youtu.be/4811XvjLzZI
So here is first version of global map. I shows here interface(land stats) and some functions, such as moving units to allied land or scirmish in the mist lands when you attack foreign land.

Last edited:
Hello All!
Here is some update. In this video i show battle actions in game: battles , riots, conquests.

kG7M_eEyrIQ

Last edited:
A new pre-battle phase has been added where you have the opportunity to manually deploy your units. In this phase, some of the enemy positions may be shrouded by the "fog of war" if you are not skilled in scouting.

Hello, all! I have made some tile graphic changes. Now the map can change with time of the year and with climate zone.
How do you like the battle map?
Does it look good?
https://youtu.be/c-4MbkaKP9w

Very cool game concept. Getting some WHFB vibes from this for sure. Keep at it!

The gameplay is looking good brother, and I can see you've made some graphical improvements. :)

Thank you, guys! Now I'm working on: upgrades, LVLs-up and recruitment system. Even If in a lack of time, I can show it soon!

Back
Top Bottom