The "I Just Bought" thread

Hey @Pladio;,

My monitor arrived, finally!!

View attachment 3519

I'm now running some elementary tests (dead pixels, etc) and later I'll be playing some Gears Tactics, XCOM Chimera Squad and the like :)
Enjoy the gaming :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hey @Pladio;,

My monitor arrived, finally!!

View attachment 3519

I'm now running some elementary tests (dead pixels, etc) and later I'll be playing some Gears Tactics, XCOM Chimera Squad and the like :)
Show a picture after the install

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Show a picture after the install

You mean, like this:
IMG_20200521_223915.jpg

(Yeah, I know I'm 10 days late :( Sorry about that)

I'm starting to play Gears Tactics. More on that later on a proper, specific thread near you :)

You mean, like this:
View attachment 3520

(Yeah, I know I'm 10 days late :( Sorry about that)

I'm starting to play Gears Tactics. More on that later on a proper, specific thread near you :)

Looks good :)
Enjoy the game.

I finished Chimera Squad. It's a fun game, but not very deep.

#StayAtHome

ps4 :D I know it's better to wait for ps5 but my friend offered my to buy it and I accepted. I also spent my money for digital piano wich I wanted to buy since the age of 15. The problem was I didn't know how to use it correctly so HP digital pianos user manuals wich I've found manymanuals were quite useful for me.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered an Xbox series s. My pc doesn't run anything from recent years and I'm too broke to buy a new one right now, so this will tide me over for a few years. Might finally also get to play Witcher 3, Kingdom Come, Elex, Prey, Wasteland 3, and loads others that I've missed. Looking forward to it!

I was on a Mr. Robot spree, got myself some themed t shirts. I also got a nice item that further expands the cinematic universe, via Elliot's journal. Looked very cool and could not refrain myself.

7179cZ24doL.jpg

I ordered my very first mobile that will be able to access the interwebs. I've used a flip mobile for almost fifteen years now, but I've always been concerned that, if my computer dies, I'd not be able to access my emails or do online banking. That worry will be a thing of the past once I get this new mobile, at least that's the hope! I went with a Motorola brand, as one of my brothers is a huge fan.

51878797-79278020-11453-org.jpg

It's the mighty Insportline Moriston UB ergometer bicycle. My current one is dying. So I decided to get a new one. It's a training centre level bike. Expensive, yes (could be worse, however, I got it 35% off on black Friday), but it should last me for years to come. (I use these bikes heavily, 1-1 1/2 hour each day.)

a pibbur who observes that the current device is the 2nd one he has worn out.

Wouldn't a REAL bike be cheaper? Oh wait, I forgot, Norway is encased in snow and ice for most of the year!! Sorry about that!!!! :)

Went a bit overboard and ordered the 4K set for Game of Thrones. I haven't seen it yet. Kept wanting to wait for the books to be finished, but the way things are going I'm starting to doubt if they'll come in the near future, at the rate Martin is writing. They've been quite pricey, around 300$, but they're 33 4k blurays. And I know about the issues fans have with the final seasons, but, so be it. I'll see how I feel about them. I did have certain important plot points spoiled for me. But having seen S1 at least, I hope there's enough substance in there even with those spoilers.

91jeN4cibVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I also went for 2001: A Space Odyssey, as I hear it's quite good in 4k. Seems I've got a lot of stuff to binge on these holidays.

Last edited:
I bought the DVD Boxset Version as cash is tight this year.

91RzBu4wuNL._SL1500_.jpg

Word of advice skip season eight it ruined the whole series. I also hope the books don't have the same ending either as I will burn them. Preferably with dragon fire.

I bought the DVD Boxset Version as cash is tight this year.

Word of advice skip season eight it ruined the whole series. I also hope the books don't have the same ending either as I will burn them. Preferably with dragon fire.

Nice.

I think I remember seeing some interview with Martin where he gave some hints that, that will likely be the end for the books also; as I understand he did let them know how he plans on ending.

Having not seen the series, only season 1, and having been spoiled how it ends, I think it could be done properly if it had not been rushed across just a couple of episodes. If done across another 2 seasons I think it could work. I think the issue was that the guys that helmed the project wanted to end it quickly, which is just insane if you think about it. What they had in their hands, and what they did with it. Anyways, this is just speculation on my part. I'll have to see the series for myself. I'm particularly excited about Dinklage's performance. Absolutely loved him in S1.

My suggestion on the Game of Throne telly series, dip out after the fourth series. Just walk away, remember when it was good, and go watch something else that won't degrade your intelligence or stomach lining. You are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom