Kingdom Come - Three Million Worldwide

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Kingdom Come: Deliverance has sold three million copies worldwide.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance came out two years. As such, it took Warhorse 24 months in order to hit its 3 million goal. Furthermore, its DLCs have sold more 1.5 million across all platforms.

Additionally, Warhorse Studios is celebrating this important milestone with an exclusive Steam Free Weekend from June 18 -22 to celebrate this milestone. PC gamers will be able to download and play for free this medieval role-playing game during this weekend.

[...]
More information.

Good knowing it sold three million and was profitable makes me happy. Still comparing it to other major games that's not a lot of sales, but then again I don't really care.

Congrats Warhorse Studios.:party2:

It's a proof that you sell better when you respect history and don't follow the SJW crap which force devs to add blacks in all their games including historical and realistic ones that take place in medieval Europe.
Thank you to the devs to have stand your ground on the subject !

It's a proof that you sell better when you respect history and don't follow the SJW crap which force devs to add blacks in all their games including historical and realistic ones that take place in medieval Europe.

Better than what? Better than zero sales? Three million isn't a lot, and it's considerably less than plenty of games full of "SJW crap", as you put it. You may enjoy hanging out at the Codex more than here, btw. More like-minded folks there.

It's a proof that you sell better when you respect history and don't follow the SJW crap …

I think this is more about sticking to a niche market's demands instead of being non-SJW.
KC is a very niche game, hence the devs can make the luxurious decision to ignore certain obvious trends in game development.

Although KC is not my game (no, it is not about SJW--the game is simply not fun for me), kudos to the devs for the success!

Wonderful news!

I loved this game, it was one of those titles where I simply grew more infatuated with the game the longer I played.

Ironically, it was also a game that I felt had a number of frustrating elements (combat control, slow alchemy, tedious tasks, long travel-periods etc.etc.) but strangely enough those elements also added to the "feel & atmosphere" of the game; living in a harsh, primitive time, filled with harsh, primitive circumstances of life. Just suck it up and keep struggling. ;)

Better than what? Better than zero sales? Three million isn't a lot, and it's considerably less than plenty of games full of "SJW crap", as you put it.

Rubbish, any non-AAA game that reaches 3 million sold has reason to celebrate. Those are not small numbers for a fairly niche game (it struggled to get interest from investors and the only reason it got the funds it needed was because their kickstarter campaign proved to their backer that there was an audience for it) from a studio with no other games to its name.

I'm happy for them. Still didn't play the game, but I eventually will. I'm really curious about the more realistic setting and unusual fighting mechanics.

At least their investors got back their money? Devs managed to create the world's most boring RPG with this one..

Man, do you guys never stop?

Devs managed to create the world's most boring RPG with this one..
LOL no. Buy and play it already.
The game is awsome.

It's release version wasn't awsome, it was so broken I think I called it Skyrim 2 back then, but devs patched everything they could find.

Someone already posted above, noone initially wanted to fund a game that is trying to be as historically accurate as possible. What sells today are shallow idiocies and lootboxes. Thanks to the existance of Kickstarter it was obvious there is an audience out there that saved money for actual videogames.

Then there were two "scandals" around it.
The first one is that the biggest investor got rich through shady business and then laundered the money through this investment. How, who, why, noone confirmed nor denied, the guy apparently got the money back, probably some profit too, then pulled away from the whole thing. I have no idea what came out of it and if true nor care, the game got made.
The second one was the social justice war. There were people calling the game racist, sexist and whatever else because in their narrow mind history was politically correct and peachy. Well, it wasn't.

3 million copies sold is, if you ask me, fantastic news in the world where mainstream games are not even games.

The Game was given away freely on EPIC in February 2020, i wonder if they do count that into their sales...

Ohh btw, as someone who is doing living history 1320, i'm well aware about the problems they were facing in development with various equality groups.
The people need to stop bragging about things like this and start accepting games like books and films as a art form.
If i read a historical novel book, i can expect the things to usually not hit every readers taste cause usually the writers respect historical facts in the timeline that their Novel is settled in.
As another bad example, the neverending Reddit rampage about War of Rights and it's setting in a very racistic timeline of Americas history...

Congrats to the devs. This is one of the few open game worlds I can return to at any time and simply enjoy whatever time I can spend there. Thanks for that.

A 26MB patch for it showed up on GOG today. There's nothing in the patch notes, though.

Congrats Warhorse Studios, you deserve the accolades of the success.

I personally passed on this one, but am glad to see independent developers out there with their own unique vision for a rpg have a good success. I will look for their next offering and maybe it will be more interesting to me. I just wish they could add a bit of magic and fantasy to the next one. Maybe a mix of historical realism and a sprinkling of traditional fantasy elements or something. Just my own tastes lean to the fantasy part much more than straight historical realism.

This is still sitting in my backlog. It’s still pretty far down the list too. I would think at least a year maybe 2 before i get to it.

Never got to play this. When I tried it, it was buggy and clumsy, had FPS problems and crashed commonly, all of which made it unplayable. I also didn't like the protagonist or the gameplay in general, but I thought I'd give it a go later on. Eventually I never found the game worth going back to, and although the Woman's Lot DLC piqued my interest, thinking maybe the game got a decent protagonist this time, the idea of playing it stayed in the shelf forever.

For them it still counts as if they sold a copy to me, so I wonder how many people were in my position and are counted as "buyers" of the game. In any case good for them. They got my money without me getting the fun out of it.

Last edited:
Really doubt they count free downloads as sales.

It's basically a lost sale or Epic paid a small percentage?

Back
Top Bottom