Final Fantasy VII

It matters. There are choices you making as you're leveling, and rendering those choices irrelevant at the start of the next chapter would be not be ideal. My guess is that you'll be able to import saves, or start fresh with a default character. I may have to do the latter since I played the first part on PS4.

I'll be very surprised if saves aren't transferable. It wouldn't make sense not to have that option. It's still one game despite the differently titled parts.

The newly released Steam version is the same game that was released on Epic last year. It's the first of three parts. Rebirth will be the second part.

From what is written seems three separate games with different names. If they combined all three with every planned DLC the install size will be about 500+ GB.
Shouldn't be a problem. That's only kinda terrible now and drive space keeps increasing.

P.S. I noticed an FF7R mod to upgrade textures that's about 57GB.

Shouldn't be a problem. That's only kinda terrible now and drive space keeps increasing.

P.S. I noticed an FF7R mod to upgrade textures that's about 57GB.
To you maybe I know millions who say otherwise. I personally do not want to download a 500GB game on my internet connection. Would take 3-5 days at best to download that.

Your not taking in consideration gamer's on metered plans as well.;)

Then again Square doesn't know how to compress games and 75% of that is bloated music, video, and textures. Just look at past Final Fantasy games and repacks for proof.

Yep but Zloth loves to brag about his HD sizes...Zing moving on.:movingon:

It matters. There are choices you making as you're leveling, and rendering those choices irrelevant at the start of the next chapter would be not be ideal. My guess is that you'll be able to import saves, or start fresh with a default character. I may have to do the latter since I played the first part on PS4.
Hmm…I was assuming based on the PSOne version as it didn't have many choices. Anyway you know what they say about assuming, it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Anyhow I was waiting for all three episodes to get released on PC to play.

So I guess I have 5-6 more years to go.:lol:

To you maybe I know millions who say otherwise. I personally do not want to download a 500GB game on my internet connection. Would take 3-5 days at best to download that.
You won't. You'll be downloading over the connection you have in four or five years. And you'll be downloading to the hard drive you have in four or five years. A 2000GB drive only costs $50 now, what will one cost then?

Your not taking in consideration gamer's on metered plans as well.;)
Sheesh, I would hope those don't exist anymore by that point.

You won't. You'll be downloading over the connection you have in four or five years. And you'll be downloading to the hard drive you have in four or five years. A 2000GB drive only costs $50 now, what will one cost then?

Sheesh, I would hope those don't exist anymore by that point.
Magic 8 ball says we'll still have millions on shitty internet service that come with mandatory caps. You can continue to believe in the internet utopia of tomorrow.

SSD's or whatever will be the future wont be getting any cheaper either.:biggrin:

Magic 8 ball says we'll still have millions on shitty internet service that come with mandatory caps. You can continue to believe in the internet utopia of tomorrow.

SSD's or whatever will be the future wont be getting any cheaper either.:biggrin:

Glad we don't have any caps here on our regular internet @home (mobile is different).

A 2000GB drive only costs $50 now, what will one cost then?

We get so ripped off where I live!!

We would be lucky to get a 2TB magnetic HDD for that price - it would be more like 60-70 USD. A decent 2TB SSD costs 150 USD and a high performance one is more like 250 USD!

You're the one making it confusing. Have you never seen a movie trilogy?

To be honest I do find the naming convention problematic as well - not the actual concept. A better analogy would be if they remade a beloved movie and turned it into a trilogy. I am sure there is an example of this but I can't think of one off-hand. The recent Dune movie might be the best I can think of but it is different because it is a retelling of a book not the prior movie. Most people knew it was part 1 of 2 from all the online chatter but the marketing material was unclear. There were people who turned up at the cinema and thought they were going to get to see the whole story.

The original Final Fantasy VII was a single game.

The "new" final fantasy is now 3 games except the first part is called "Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade".

From the steam page:
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a bold reimagining of the original FINAL FANTASY VII, originally released in 1997, developed under the guidance of the original key developers.

Some buyers would of actually stopped reading here. You actually have to expand the text to get to:
* This game is a remake of FINAL FANTASY VII, first released in 1997.
The first title in a multi-part series, it is based on the story from the original game, up to the escape from Midgar, adding in new elements.

"Multi-part" - they can't even define how many games are going to be in series? People shouldn't have to be "researching" games they are buying. The box should just clearly say what it is all about. Just call it a trilogy like what you said.

And then "Integrade". Intergrade is a biology term which few people would actually understand. Although, from what I have read, does actually have a good application here as part of the title. The game is based on FF7 but it is not a simple retelling - it is an evolution of the story.

I would have called it "Final Fantasy VII Integrade Part 1" :p

Glad we don't have any caps here on our regular internet @home (mobile is different).
Yeah smaller countries are easier to install the infrastructure. I've read a few articles about why the US is lagging far beyond many countries. It's depressing.

Then you have mobile, satellite, and very few competitors available it's a mess.

We get so ripped off where I live!!

We would be lucky to get a 2TB magnetic HDD for that price - it would be more like 60-70 USD. A decent 2TB SSD costs 150 USD and a high performance one is more like 250 USD!

Those prices aren't bad at all. I'm not sure where Zloth is shopping, but maybe I need to find out. :)

More news for those interested.

Time to accept Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy isn't a tweaked Retelling - RPGSite
For some people, this is inevitably going to be crushingly disappointing. Many wanted a straight-up remake of Final Fantasy VII. Equally, however, many didn't - I was one of the people who argued that I'd rather all that Triple-A development talent, time and cash went into new Final Fantasy games instead. To someone like me, this is the next best thing - taking a familiar universe and deconstructing it to do something new.
25 Years of Final Fantasy Tactics - Siliconera
Final Fantasy Tactics launched in Japan on June 20, 1997. To celebrate the sub-franchise's 25th anniversary, we're sharing our Final Fantasy Tactics memories.

Those prices aren't bad at all. I'm not sure where Zloth is shopping, but maybe I need to find out. :)
Newegg. 2TB is about $50. That's a mechanical drive. SSDs only give about 1TB for that price, I think?

@bjon45 - what is this "box" of which you speak? ;)

Yeah, it is weird that they don't say "first of three parts" in the Steam description.

Before I forget that link above is full of spoilers. So you're warned.:)

Back
Top Bottom