NHL

Lot of happy fans over here. Hockey is basically Quebec's religion. We even had the traditional victory riots for yesterdays game. It was pretty nasty the last time they won the cup, in '93. I hope we won't have a repeat.

My wife's uncle is a huge Habs fan and he is on his deathbed at the moment. Pancreatic cancer. I hope, just for him, that they are going to win the cup before he passes away.

And the Lightning advance! That last game was a pure defensive affair, the type of match-up I quite enjoy. Gotta love it when a series goes the full seven.

I'm glad I don't bet on sports because I wouldn't have done well in the conference finals. I really wanted to see Vegas vs NY in the SCF. Oh well…should be a good series.

Tampa Bay up 2-0 in the series now depsite getting outshot by 20 in that game. Stick a fork in Montreal if they don't take Game 3.

Indeed. With talents such as Vasilevskiy and Coleman being so dominant, this series could easily be a sweep if Montreal doesn't toughen up, and soon.

At least Montreal made it a game last night, yet it wasn't nearly enough to surpass what the Lightening brought. It very well might turn out to be a four game sweep, guess we'll see what happens Monday.

Reading where people are thinking the Finals are such a blowout. They can't see scouting when they see it, and that's the difference between a series and a game. The Lightning are doing their homework.

There's a big book out on Price, and there always has been, starting with his glove hand.

The only reason Montreal "made a game of it" is because they forget they need to score more goals than the other team - so they were forced to play offense because they behind so bad. With the Bolts, dropping 4-5 guys back to cover Price isn't going to work, especially since their opponents know what they are going to do. Vegas took advantage of that system in their game 1 but they couldn't sustain it.

Plus, the Lightning have talent. Vaselevsky is proving how underrated he is to how much Price is overrated. Still not sure how he found that puck through the huge screen in front of him.

As much as I am cheering for anybody but the Habs, this year's finals has the biggest taint since it was discovered Montreal broke into LA's locker room to measure their sticks.

The Bolts illegally circumvented the cap this season, and something needs to be done about it. No one is mentioning it, naturally - the NHL is still bush league.

Yeah, the game was never that close, and this series is essentially over. There's zero chance Montreal wins four straight.

Not a very satisfying SCF for me. I live in Florida, but I've never been a fan of the Lightning.

It wasn't resolved in four games after all, Montreal finally pulled out a victory. They needed OT to do it, at least the series got a bit interesting! Honestly, after blowing two leads and some ridiculous penalties, I didn't think they'd go the distance.

Back
Top Bottom