The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I could be a little late again as we have a Federal election happening tomorrow and the polls open only an hour before game time. I plan to vote early, but if I get delayed by queues at the polling station then I may be late, but I will get there earlier than I did last week. :)

I can now do stairs!!! I will be there for at least a while tonight. :)

Last edited:
Am going to be MIA this week, heading to see mom. Nothing wrong I just need to lay eyes on her.

Does that mean we'll be running alts again? Hopefully, we'll be able to have an Heroic group since I'm tired of Epics. :)

Reywind will not be joining us this week either, for his usual reasons. :) I think it's her birthday!! Guess we can allow that. :D

Absolutely! Remember, the family that plays together stays together. :biggrin:

Cannith Crafting Pass will use new essences & invalidate existing shards

Be aware that the new version of Cannith Crafting will not be able to use existing crafted shards of any kind. That includes deconstructing them to recover essences. So, if you happen to have a pile of Cannith crafted shards sitting in your ingredients bags, better decon them now.

Don't have a release date for the update yet, but I suspect it will be fairly soon, and as usual, with little notice. Plan for tons of lag when that happens, every crafter will be trying to decon their shards.

Oh, you will be able to trade the old essences for the single new one. 1:1 for greaters, tbd for lessers, but probably at the same ratio that you currently trade greaters for lessers: 1:5 (5 lessers give you on "new" essence).

Thread is at: Cannith Crafting Discussion part 2

Unannounced Loot Boost - great gear dropping

FYI, there is apparently an unannounced loot boost going on this weekend. Folks are getting some really amazing gear out of chests & end rewards, at least on Legendary, and that was on normal. Apparently there's so much nice stuff dropping that folks are vendoring them.

Don't know how long it will last, or if it's even intentional, but I'm going to go check the pawnbrokers right now.

Are we all going to be on this Friday? Jhianna has finally hit level 30, and she got her SoS (YAY!!!), so I can TR her at any time. However, if we're not going to run the new TR group this week, I wouldn't mind farming a few more items before I TR her.

I think there's been some adjustment to the drop tables in terms of what effects drop on weapons together. I've gotten more melee-only weapons the last couple days running Aerii than I have since the last loot gen pass. Including a couple Great Crossbows for Fireflash, and some nice shortswords.

Aerie has TRed into Warlock, and so far I have ran every level 1-4 quest, as well as some level 5's (plus Tangleroot, with it's stupid spread of levels for each set of quests). That includes some we never run, like an at-level Stealthy Repossession (I spammed Hypnotize and took advantage of the poor pathing to get the kobolds stuck behind walls) and Proof is in the Poison. The latter done without hireling as mine died in the first trap. I forgot how freaking long that quest is.

Remember that you have to TR and get through Korthos/the low level solo quests before we can start that group.

Will Aerie be part of the next Friday group so we need to get our toons to level 5? I haven't TR'ed my artificer yet. Still waiting for go-ahead signal that everybody is set for running the new group.

I think the plan was to alternate between the new TR group when we have a full group and the old one (on epic/ high level heroic) if we don't have a full group.

No, Fireflash is the next group's character. Handling Rogue/trapper duties. Aerii was TRed because Sorcerer sucks nowadays, and it was a chore just to get the last 40k or so that I needed for 20. I'll likely get her back to 20, and use Warlock to grind out EDs.

I just received this email from Dte about The Plan!! :)

Ye Olde Planne
On the current toons (lvl20's), we still have the House C stuff, including running the 2 raids since we've never done that as a group. Once that is complete, that group of toons is free to scatter, although it would be nice if people kept at least one toon in the low-20's for pickup purposes.

On the new toons, please get a toon to lvl3 by completing Korthos and the 4 solo quests. There's enough XP there to squeek into lvl3 running just that stuff with only 100 slayers in Korthos. At least, that worked for me. If someone ends up short, go kill stuff in Cerulean Hills.

For this week, I would actually recommend the opposite of what has been discussed. If everyone is on deck, we work on the House C stuff. If we're missing people, we run the new lowbies. I say that because it's easy to solo all that low level stuff and get back on par with the group. If we have to run the lowbies, we can develop a list of what we run and the mission to the missing will be "Korthos plus solos plus xxx". If Peter and Savage Dragon (and anyone else that chooses) aren't ready to TR, we could do a split this week where they work on whatever epic farming they wish and the rest of us start chipping away at the low level stuff. Even with zerg runs, it will take us a full session to clear out the harbor and marketplace before we make any decisions about what chains to tackle so catchup would be simple.

He might, not 100% sure, but he did mention playing.

We also need to do Tower of Despair before we move on to house C. For that to happen we need to have a full group on A New Invasion to flag the ones who didn't get flagged for the raid. My paladin and Azraelck's bard can help the 4 getting flagged. We should be able to quickly run through A New Invasion with a full group.

Tower of Despair is actually a fun raid and you should be able to run it to see what it is.

Corwin: You have a special task convincing Reywind to try A New Invasion Again with a full group. This is similar to Stealer of Souls where one group didn't complete and the other did. Next Friday we got everybody through Stealer of Soul in a full group. Giving up on quests is not an option. :)

I still have a long term plan seeing us all complete Caught in the Web for once. Last time we tried we lagged out. However we won't try until we know that raids can most likely be completed. Probably best to run when our current epic toons are quite high levels like 26+

ToD is worth running, at least once. It's a fun raid. I think if any two of the Savage Dragon, Peter, and myself helped the other group, New Invasion won't be a problem. But if anything, just tell him to step in and pike it. He can go smooch and we'll get him flagged.

So that leaves 4 quests to do, plus three raids. Likely it will take a couple weeks; while we can get flagging done this week (assuming Reywind shows), it might take a bit to run all three raids. On the plus side, I think some of the others in our extended group might be willing to step in and fill out a raid group for all three.

Back
Top Bottom