Wasteland - InXile Working on Remaster

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that InXile is working on a remaster of Wasteland.

inXile Entertainment has announced that it is currently working on a remaster of the first Wasteland game. Unfortunately all there is right now for this remaster, meaning that we don't know what things inXile will improve, and whether this will be a simple remaster than those Nightdive has released for some old classic games or something a bit more than that.

[...]
More information.

Well I wouldn't mind a Wasteland remake with the Unity engine that plays like Wasteland 2. It's a pipe dream I know but its better then the usual crop of remasters released.
Well hopefully they're still working on Wasteland 3 at this point.
The interview from a few days back mentions they are but haven't seen many updates.

wow, very cool. :cool:
I missed the original game the first time around. Would love to see it remastered and put in a shiny new graphics engine like Unity. Hell, why wouldn't they? The engine is already there from Wasteland 2... I have heard great things about this game, and would be anxious to play it for the first time. I loved Wasteland 2, btw.

wow, very cool. :cool:
I missed the original game the first time around. Would love to see it remastered and put in a shiny new graphics engine like Unity. Hell, why wouldn't they? The engine is already there from Wasteland 2? I have heard great things about this game, and would be anxious to play it for the first time. I loved Wasteland 2, btw.
Well it's more then likely a better version then the one released a few years back. Like Vindicator said above it's probably similar to the original but with a few HD updates.

Possibly the most overrated game - moreso than Fable or Final Fantasy VII and the way this site treats Gothic. Its just a bad Ultima clone.

Remastering would be like putting lipstick on a pig. The only way you could make it remotely playable is to to actually change the game entirely.

I'll likely get it regardless. But they should give it the DELUXE treatment, and just plug the game into Wasteland 2's Unity engine...ok, I know it is not that simple, but you know what I mean. Charge maybe $40 for it, call it a "re-imagining", and put in some new stuff along with the original game areas.

I'll likely get it regardless. But they should give it the DELUXE treatment, and just plug the game into Wasteland 2's Unity engine?

Probably too much to hope for with it due early 2019.
Nevertheless, you never know now that they're backed by Microsoft... Wasteland 2's Unity engine allowed it to run on the Xbox One.

Good news, never got time to play the original !! Very much looking forward to this..

p.s. *please remaster Dragon Wars please remaster Dragon Wars please remaster Dragon Wars*

Possibly the most overrated game - moreso than Fable or Final Fantasy VII and the way this site treats Gothic. Its just a bad Ultima clone.
You're referring to Wasteland 2? Hail, brother!

I really don't see a point of this remaster.
Shouldn't Microsoft rather invest in Freelancer 2 than nickle&dime ancient materials?

You're referring to Wasteland 2? Hail, brother!

Nope he was talking about this new Wasteland remaster not Wasteland 2.:biggrin:

Talking about the original. The remaster is still vapour of course :). I'll play Wasteland 2 as soon as the promised language filter is released. Its on the Director's Cut version right? That is the kind of the Director's Cuts are for.

I can't see how bad Wasteland 2 could be over Wasteland. Still, Fallout 1 is a spiritual successor to Wastleand. It said so on the box! Aren't the Rangers in Fallout taken straight from Wasteland?

Back
Top Bottom