Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Release Window Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will release Summer 2019 for PC.

Launching Summer 2019!

Igavania is back in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - a 2.5D sidescrolling gothic action RPG from the godfather of the genre, Koji Igarashi.

Fight, Craft and Explore as you battle endless demons and race to save yourself, and the world, from the encroaching darkness.

Discover multiple playable characters, branching ending paths, tons of bosses, the biggest Igavania castle ever, and hundreds of spells, weapons, enemies, loot and cosmetic customizations!

Oh btw: we got celebrity voice actors like David Hayter (Snake - Metal Gear) and a live orchestra soundtrack composed by the legendary Michiru Yamane...just saying...
More information.

If so, it fails badly.

Huh, so you got to play the game somehow prior to release to make such a bold pronouncement?

Anyway, Mercy's comments aside (uh, I mean JDR), I've been following this and it looks pretty good imo... I look forward to actually playing the game to see how good it is and if it does live up to its pedigree (it is being produced by Koji Igarashi).

Probably not a project I'll be interested in, I've never really been a huge fan of Castlevania, but I'm open to seeing what people think about the game and how it plays once it's released.

Huh, so you got to play the game somehow prior to release to make such a bold pronouncement?

Anyway, Mercy's comments aside (uh, I mean JDR), I've been following this and it looks pretty good imo… I look forward to actually playing the game to see how good it is and if it does live up to its pedigree (it is being produced by Koji Igarashi).

Just curious, are the visuals and presentation going to change when you actually play the game? :)

I'm not talking about gameplay obviously, and I wasn't trying to bash the game, but that looks nothing like Castlevania. That looks like he tried to blend Castlevania with a heintai flick.

Well, I wouldn't agree with that... I think that specific trailer looks ok but if you watch some of their other gameplay videos they've released (like this one) I think it looks very Castlevania to me. In fact, I like how they've gone to 3D but still kept the Castlevania vibe.

I see a much stronger anime influence than in any Castlevania game. It was always a Japanese developed series (except for the recent reboots), but it never looked overwhelmingly Japanese like that.

I get that this isn't Castlevania though, so I'm probably being a bit harsh. I'm just not a fan of those aesthetics. I'll still check it out though.

I am a huge fan of the Castlevania series and still own the original collectors edition of Symphony of the Night. I disagree with JDR in that I feel the aesthetic is very similar to Castlevania games of the 90's and early 00's. Especially if you look at Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia. These are all very highly rated. I have been hoping that Bloodstained lives up to its potential and heritage. Only time will tell but it SHOULD be in good hands but has had an overly protracted development cycle.

I don't recall Manga style women with oversized bouncing breasts in any of those older titles. :)

Fwiw, I was a fan of Castlevania since the original NES game. I owned all the titles released on the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis, and SotN was one of my all-time favorite PSone games.

I sort of lost interest in the series once it reached the PS2 era, but I still purchased the games with the exception of the handheld titles.

I get that this isn't Castlevania though, so I'm probably being a bit harsh. I'm just not a fan of those aesthetics. I'll still check it out though.

If you're after something more akin to the old Castlevania games, you might want to check out Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, which is an interim game (and presumably made to raise revenue) the team made while waiting on developing the Ritual game. It's much closer to the look and feel of the old vania games.

Keeping my eye on the game, seems nice to me. Looks it might be great game for Switch hand-held mode.

If you're after something more akin to the old Castlevania games, you might want to check out Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, which is an interim game (and presumably made to raise revenue) the team made while waiting on developing the Ritual game. It's much closer to the look and feel of the old vania games.

I took a good look at it, but I don't think it's for me. I'm not really into the 8-bit retro thing.

It has very positve reviews though, so I'm glad others are enjoying it.

Keeping my eye on the game, seems nice to me. Looks it might be great game for Switch hand-held mode.
Yep, it will be on my Switch the moment it comes out ;-) It looks fantastic to me.

I need to finish Curse of the Moon, I just beat whatever that crazy electric thing was on the ship so I'm probably not far...

Back
Top Bottom