|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

February 19th, 2019, 22:46
Skipping again… Tsk tsk…

Right, Red Hook Studios announced a sequel to the game that starts awesomely and halfway sadly gets tedious with a teaser:

loading…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)

February 20th, 2019, 18:14
Deck of Ashes Darkest Dungeon Meets CCGs - Steam Early Access

loading…
Deck of Ashes is an adventure game with tactical and thoughtful card combat. Lead the cast of antiheroes on a quest for redemption. Explore the dark cursed fantasy world and hunt down powerful cards. Put your survival and resource management skills to the test when upgrading your Camp of allies. Forge a unique Battle Deck, and crush your foes! Can you rid the world of the Ash Curse?
Yakuza Kiwami PC Accolades Trailer - Steam

loading…
Yakuza Kiwami is out now on PC! See what the critics are saying about the latest in the SEGA Best of Japan releases.Yakuza Kiwami is out now on PC! See what the critics are saying about the latest in the SEGA Best of Japan releases.
Roguelikes and Going Mainstream The History of RPGs - USGamer
Tabletop RPGs use systems-based rules to dictate many aspects of a play session, so naturally the orderly nature of computers has railroaded the general definition of computer RPGs in a very specific direction. According to the collective consensus, computer and console RPGs should be story-driven adventures built around numeric, experience-based character growth. The freewheeling, improvisational nature of a memorable Dungeons & Dragons campaign led by a game master with a flair for narrative has been replaced in video games by predetermined storylines with fixed outcomes and, at best, a few branching decision trees that give the player a small amount of agency within those rigid boundaries.

This is unlikely to change significantly until some faraway day when machine learning reaches a point that allows computers to spin a convincing yarn all on their own. But there is one video RPG subgenre that does manage to capture the anything-goes, high-stakes unpredictability of a lively tabletop session: roguelikes. While light on actual narrative, these games are designed with the understanding that dynamic interactions and complex design alone can result in their own share of memorable stories.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

February 21st, 2019, 17:15
The Story Behind The Outer Worlds’ Amazing Art - GameInformer
The Outer Worlds has a unique visual style that merges classic sci-fi inspirations with the team’s own vision. As players pursue their space adventures, they are treated to a variety of people, places, and creatures that evoke pulpy serials, comic books, Westerns, and more. This look and feel is an integral part of the experience, and we talked to The Outer Worlds' art lead Daniel Alpert and co-director Leonard Boyarsky about the art team’s goals and process when creating the game’s stylish appearance.

--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)

Yesterday, 01:25
That second image is especially great. When this was announced, based on the title I was hoping it was going to be a 1930s Flash Gordon style game. But everything I see in game is reminding me more of the dull and done-to-death Fallout mid-century Americana propaganda style. I'm disappointed some, but these posters and artwork fill me with hope.

FizzyShellfish

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday, 17:50
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - One Year Anniversary Trailer

loading…
One year of Kingdom Come: Deliverance is behind us, and what a ride itís been with you at our side! Letís drain our tankards, mount up and spur our steeds to new adventures! Thank you for your support!
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog- Combat Particle Effects
Mount & Blade games have always primarily focused on the core gameplay mechanics over the visual appeal of the game world. And while this is something which remains true for Bannerlord, we have worked extensively on improving the overall visual quality of the game with the aim of making the experience more immersive and enjoyable for players. In this weekís blog, we would like to talk about one of the improvements we are currently working on, which will help to bring battles to life and will give players a real sense of the gritty and brutal nature of warfare.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News