Joystick support?

Waltorious

Traveler
I'm really enjoying Precursors so far, and I just got access to my ship. But I'm wondering if it's possible to fly my ship with my joystick rather than keyboard and mouse. I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo and the game doesn't seem to recognize it. Is there a way to set joystick controls? If not, is there a recommended way to program my stick so it emulates the mouse and keyboard for flying the ship?

Thanks!

So it seems there's no built-in joystick support, but I did manage to get my joystick working by creating a custom profile. I just mapped the joystick axes to the mouse and adjusted the sensitivity, then mapped the appropriate mouse buttons and keyboard keys to buttons on my stick. The trickiest thing was accelerating and decelerating... I ended up using my stick's throttle for that, setting the lower third to S (decelerate), the middle third to nothing, and the top third to W (accelerate), which works well, but I have to remember to keep the throttle in the middle when I want to be in "neutral" as it were. Could have set two of the side buttons to accelerate and decelerate, but I like using the throttle.

Overall it works pretty well! It's still probably harder to use than the mouse, but I like using a stick.

Back
Top Bottom