Memorable game soundtracks!

I'm straying from RPGs and going with the latest Wolfenstein games.:)

Wolfenstein: The New Order - I Believe - Melissa Hollick (Official Ending Song)

This song put tears in my eyes given the games ending.:happycry:

The Partisan Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Soundtrack

Song fits the setting about hopeless freedom fighters fighting Nazis.:(

Last edited:
What are some soundtracks that either still stick in your head years after completing a game or that you even routinely listen to (via gog/steam/youtube) while doing something altogether?

Two immediately come to my mind:
  1. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis
  2. Might & Magic VI

I know they're not RPGs, not even PC games but: God of War I & II.

Man, if they choose to make a movie they won't even need to do an original movie soundtrack; just remake the video games' tracks with an good orchestra and we're good to go. :)

Can't forget this haunting song from Witcher III either.

Gaunter o' Dimm Theme Song

His smile fair as spring, as towards him he draws you; His tongue sharp and silvery as he implores you. Your wishes he grants, as he swears to adore you, Gold, silver, jewels - he lays riches before you. Dues need be repaid and he will come for you All to reclaim, no smile to console you. He'll snare you in bonds, eyes glowing afire To gore and torment you till the stars expire!
Also The Wolven Storm or known as Priscilla's song.

"The Wolven Storm" from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as heard during the quest "Broken Flowers".

Last edited:
Good shout @Arhu;! The Turrican themes are amazing. I particularly liked the track Unidirectional Flight from Turrican 2 - very much a change of pace that totally suited the weird level.

Yeah too many to mention here, and Baldurs Gate has already been mentioned which would have been my top pick. Two others spring to mind - the original Deus Ex music:

And, further back, this theme from Master of Magic on the C64 has stuck with me for 35 years. The shift between whimsy and sinister is fantastic:

Good songs there Pongo.:thumbsup:

You reminded me of the latest two Deus Ex soundtracks.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Soundtrack

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Full Soundtrack

Too many to list. Picking two that haven't been mentioned before. Listening to them sometimes while programming.

The realms of Arcania Music is just awesome. Listening to it every now and then since first released, initially via my CD Player. :)

I might be posting additional stuff later, but a few great soundtracks coming to my mind are:

Hexen 2:
Must have been the first CD I listened to back when I bought a Disc-Man. Remembering leaving the house at 7 am or so, going to school in the dark listening to that music:

Whole track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7oDuK1mjSE&list=PLYZ4OS2A0wmg1hff4lf0yy0iuDwTZ4zqg&index=1
Do not listen to the whole 1h soundtrack uploaded from a different user as that one contains sound distortions.

Settlers 2:
Love the super atmospheric intro music and…well, also the very catchy music in the rest of the game.

Redout:
The most recent discovery: Bought the game because of the awesome soundtrack. Great for working. Nice background music with just enough diversity and drive to work great without being distracting.

Ok, three more. Need to share some awesome covers.

Turrican 2:
First, turrican which was mentioned before. A pretty awesome metal cover of the already memorable soundtrack:

The Last Ninja
Second, a acoustic guitar cover of one of the amazing Last Ninja soundtracks

Tetris:
And as third one: Tetris. Yeah. Not the funny Nintendo one, but the very dark C64 version by Wally Beben, remixed.

I can also post a couple of original C64 tracks…not sure how many people like these though. ^^

This is my kinda thread! If left unchecked I could fill the next 10 pages with old Amiga tunes.

This is one of my favourites. :)

Also, here's a new tune from old hardware. Aug 29 2020.

I'm playing Divine Divinity and it's one of the rare games that I don't mute when playing. Also, anything by Jeremy Soule. Guild Wars 2 stands out as a soundtrack I've listened to longer that I've played most games ;)

Back
Top Bottom