Only 400 active users?

I have seen quite a bit of discussion on Torment, Expeditions Vikings and Sacred Fire.

For the rest, I haven't and I get your point, but I do not think it is something you can force really.

I guess I'm hoping someone, perhaps a lurker or infrequent poster will see this and realize they completely overlooked the indie RPG forums. I even forget to check them sometimes. And I know there has even been talk of Mythros merging indie and general RPG thread but I don't know if I like that idea as it may result in the indie threads being buried quickly by mainstream RPG discussion.

I'm not a developer but I was I think I'd rather get criticism / skepticism than no response at all.

Pretty sure sociopaths need constant affirmation.

That doesn't even make sense. For one, I think you mean psychopath, which is the actual condition. "Sociopath" is just pop pshychology.

Second....how does that make any sense again?

That doesn't even make sense. For one, I think you mean psychopath, which is the actual condition. "Sociopath" is just pop pshychology.

No it's not. Sociopath used to be in the DSM, but it recent versions it's been replaced mainly by Antisocial Personality Disorder. They're all still used, and pretty much interchangeable.

You build yourself a house but there's no effect in the game.

The house has an effect: it destroys the scarcity of resources. Which, in a product that is supposed to be designed around resources scarcity, is a tremendous effect.

No it's not. Sociopath used to be in the DSM, but it recent versions it's been replaced mainly by Antisocial Personality Disorder. They're all still used, and pretty much interchangeable.

Not by people who know what they're talking about. *shrug* That's what a psychologist relative used to tell me all the time anyhow.

But good reference on the DSM.

Not by people who know what they're talking about. *shrug* That's what a psychologist relative used to tell me all the time anyhow.

But good reference on the DSM.

You do get people that prefer or dislike one term or the other, and there are some theorists who make a distinction between them. But, in the main, they're used to refer to the same thing. If anything, you could say that sociopathy is an outdated term, but not pop-psychology.

I think we can all agree that, whatever the term, it applies to the Codex.

I think you have to be half nuts to post on the Codex, but since I'm 100% nuts, I don't have a problem with it ;)

Your opinion is stupid and wrong and the inane worthless drivel you spout out of your vocal orifice is akin to the sounds a dying monkey makes when it's been kicked out of its tribe.

Your favourite game sucks and you're a lesser human being for liking it.

RPGs would improve as a whole if people like you stuck to arcade games and kept their opinions to themselves. Scientific studies have been done as to the detrimental impact you're having on the gaming industry and we're all poorer for it.

This is the sort of drivel only a man who spends his evenings romancing kangaroos can produce.

Also Watch should totally implement the buttons you that people were talking about in the first few pages of this thread. They are F'ing awesome until some old bastard decides to get management to take them away.

edit: Am I an active member again now?

I think we can all agree that, whatever the term, it applies to the Codex.

Rude.

mXtLo8c0_400x400.png

This is the sort of drivel only a man who spends his evenings romancing kangaroos can produce.

Also Watch should totally implement the buttons you that people were talking about in the first few pages of this thread. They are F'ing awesome until some old bastard decides to get management to take them away.

edit: Am I an active member again now?

Also, we should point out a new member's join date whenever we disagree with them because that's obviously a logical and valid way to win an argument.

Also, we should point out a new member's join date whenever we disagree with them because that's obviously a logical and valid way to win an argument.

And the number of posts.

Also, back in the day Corwin always reminded me I wasn't actually a member whenever I posted on a news thread on.

This entire thread was an amusing read, thanks for that. And actually, if the Codexers represented in this thread were actually representative of the Codex I would post alot more in those forums.

It is good on sites like reddit (where you can silence trolls that way), but most discussions here are fairly civil, so there's no need for it. And grabbing "likes" is not really any better.
That codex icon parade they have below the comments is pretty hilarious though.
dislike on reddit is also used to silence the minority by the majority. Not very fair in 21 century.

Here's the vote from the Norwegian Jury: Codex or Watch? Obviously both have their places, their good sides and their weaknesses, and that's just fine. Let the 100 flowers blossom.

I like it here, and I don't mind the lowish number of active users. I have nothing against that bigger site, but for strictly personal reasons the Codex is not a place for me.

pibbur who can't remember if he ever created an account at the big C, but if so he hasn't used it for ages. And who would dislike a dislike button.

Last edited:
The codex could use more people with intelligent things to discuss and say about RPGs who aren't misogynist nazis. I frequent there because I can't find any other place (other than the dead-as-doornails GameBanshee) that has such intelligent analysis of rpgs both old and new. It means putting up with insults, nazis, anti-queer propoganda, but some of the most highbrow and entertaining discussions ive ever seen on the net have taken place there. But they want to drive good people away (at least a small, vocal chunk of them do) and it won't get better without others refusing to be intimidated just because a small group of assholes want their own shitlord "safespace". Dont let them. Argue, fight, give your opinion but make sure it's thought out.

there's a reason this site is dead and it has more to do with the fact that people spend pages discussing games theyve never played, arent willing to try new ideas or old classics, and often give nothing more erudite than "I liked it bro, you liked it bro? sweet bro." without backing claims up with concrete examples.

But TONS of people love the Watch as a news aggregator, the forums have driven plenty of posters to other waters.

there's a reason this site is dead and it has more to do with the fact that people spend pages discussing games theyve never played, arent willing to try new ideas or old classics, and often give nothing more erudite than "I liked it bro, you liked it bro? sweet bro." without backing claims up with concrete examples.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Watch here?

Because that hasn't been my experience with it.

There's been plenty of in-depth discussion about games throughout the years. Not always amiable discussion - but very rarely Codex-level hostile.

Also, there's a lot less unnecessary noise and insecurity-based posturing.

Maybe that's not a good thing? I don't know. But I prefer exchanges when participants are reasonably open-minded.

Now, I've been active on many forums in my time - and I've yet to find as measured and tolerant a site as the Watch that deals with gaming. I should know, as very few sites tolerate my style at length like this.

That said, it's true that it seems less active than it used to - but that could be my imagination.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Watch here?

Because that hasn't been my experience with it.

There's been plenty of in-depth discussion about games throughout the years. Not always amiable discussion - but very rarely Codex-level hostile.

Also, there's a lot less unnecessary noise and insecurity-based posturing.

Maybe that's not a good thing? I don't know. But I prefer exchanges when participants are reasonably open-minded.

Now, I've been active on many forums in my time - and I've yet to find as measured and tolerant a site as the Watch that deals with gaming. I should know, as very few sites tolerate my style at length like this.

That said, it's true that it seems less active than it used to - but that could be my imagination.

The activity will be back to normal as you are back :D Good to have you here again.

The activity will be back to normal as you are back :D Good to have you here again.

As conceited as I am, I doubt I can force people to come back and post again. Wish I could, though.

Also, thank you! ;)

BTW, while I was lurking I came across some screenshots of your game. Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom