I saw "what continent do you live on" poll, misread as "what causes you to live on"

Nathaniel3W

Lead Developer at Rockwell Studios
I saw "what continent do you live on" poll, misread as "what causes you to live on"

My first thought was "My seething hatred. I'm not going to hell until I send a couple people there first."

I'm not actually planning to kill anyone. That was just the first cheery thought that entered my head.

Feel free to discuss the other great things we have to live for. There's not just murder and revenge. There's also the upcoming Mandalorian series for example. I just hope he doesn't have a New Zealand accent.

Lol. I actually think there's something to that - inspiring a certain bloody-minded determination can be a good way to bring people out of despair. Even when life seems too awful to persevere with, the thought of one's enemies hearing that you gave up and died sadly makes me think, "Hell no. Keep your head up, boy!" As someone once said, the best revenge is living well.

In my case it's the instict of the halfanimal species that doesn't want me to shut down.
Very early in my life I noticed that I can't visualize nearinfinite stuff like all stars in the universe, thus I stopped thinking about life purpose.
I'm alive an noone asked me if I want to be born, additionally there is an animalistic self preservation imprint inside me, all I could do is explore what I can and find out what makes me happy. Found out I get most fun from going against the flow so there.
Somehow I got lucky and wasn't born in a country/age/society that exterminates everyone who dares to think differently. Or in areas where lynch mobs are organized through social networks based on fake news.

That's easy: my family, instant purpose in life, which so many people still seem to struggle with. I think it helps if you accept your own inherrent insignificance in The Big Picture.

Embrace it, I say. It's liberating.

Back
Top Bottom